Bristol Beaufort Mk I - Special Hobby 1/72

CedB

Great work Ced...

Wasps, never been stung until two, yes two got me a few weeks ago. Apparently they nest in hedges, I have no problem with this until I cutting the said hedge.... ouch....

Got stung by a bee once.....

£50 for a pot of honey.... OK OK I'm off.....

• Like 4

I've used the Beard method of attaching pointy bits with short pieces of wire and CA.

Actually, the 'Beard method' is to call whatever it is you're building (or taking apart) all the names under the sun, in the vain hope that you can bully the item into submission.

I'll give you an example: whilst dismantling a wardrobe, I could not remove the screws that were holding it together. Cue much foul language and stomping around until I discovered that I had the electric screwdriver on the 'putting screws in' setting rather than the 'taking screws out'.

Nice work on the pitot tube, is that Albion Alloys tubing?

Edited by Beard
  • Like 5

Thanks Adrian :) Ah, the kit has that folder, er, folded AND a traditional 'bulbous' housing; that's just wrong then...

Thanks Spookytooth and Giorgio :)

Hi Leon - "Got stung by a bee"... groan :D

Thanks Beard - I have made a new note of your 'new method' :rofl: Yep, the pitot's Albion tube.

Bomb doors. Folded. Asynchronous. Great. I started by glueing the main door (including with some CA to be sure) and, when they were dry, attached the smaller doors:

29184745730_550cffde9c_n.jpg 28852660893_fb76f80c70_n.jpg

Sorry to disappoint but the actuators have been left off. Too hard for me. With those on I could spray the matt coat:

28851912444_e82f24e30e_z.jpg

and when that was dry (come on, hurry up, dry damn you) I could de-mask:

29442829226_59822c8f25_z.jpg

Hooray! Just a few hiccups along the way...

Question: Can you mask ClearFix? Answer: Yes, but the tape leaves a residue, but it can be cleaned off with a cocktail stick:

28852155424_a9cf21fe22_n.jpg 28854469093_a3305b9ed7_n.jpg

I was bound to knock something off and of course it was the fiddliest bit, but Lady Luck was looking on me and I found it! Final quick shot of the boys:

29442768996_7a80ca2048_n.jpg 29477091215_817965d651_n.jpg

Just landing lights to do (when they arrive), tailwheel and props to fit and then I can (gulp) hang the torpedo.

• Like 18

Great work Ced...

Wasps, never been stung until two, yes two got me a few weeks ago. Apparently they nest in hedges, I have no problem with this until I cutting the said hedge.... ouch....

Got stung by a bee once.....

£50 for a pot of honey.... OK OK I'm off.....

I'm not stung ( not stinged!!! hhhhauhha, these irregular verbs. I thought I got all that 50+ or so learned. Too old to remind all of them as 50 years will come sooner. Hoahhh. ) for 30 years. I don't know why, but mostly by not slapping at them and getting panicked. They smell it and force others to help. Just watch them stealing food and let them go away. If there is a nest, which is annoying you, here in Germany the firefighters will be called and they get rid of it. And then they're gone. Not killing them all. Just smoke and putting away their nest mostly.

Ps: The only ones, that I show no mercy to, are moskitos (pregnant females as they are much bigger) and annoying flies, who like to fly around you. Flies mabye neccessary tor nature as a police, but they can do this, when I've died. Cheers

Edited by bbudde
  • Like 1

That does look good with stickers on, matt coat and windows unmasked. I see the standard Airfix crew are there partaking of afternoon tea on the navigation table. "Hang on chaps, this tablecloth seems to have a map of Hamburg Harbour on it!"

Regards,

Adrian

• Like 3

Thanks all - very kind comments.

Hopefully postie will bring the landing lights tomorrow and we can see how they go (last of the rough stuff). Then props to fit and then I can (gulp) hang the torpedo.

Oh, and rig the aerial with my new Infini lycra (oooh get him!)

• Like 2

Hi Ced,

I just caught up with this; I've been in hospital for a couple of weeks so missed quite a bit. It looks absolutely superb :thumbsup:. The LifeColor paints look very nice indeed. The window framing very fine and the view inside really makes the lamp and map worthwhile.

I'm glad the Prop Master worked out ok, when I saw how tiny your hubs were I was a little concerned, but you pulled it off well (fnaar).

Beautiful model,

:goodjob:

Best regards

Tony

• Like 1

Thanks Tony :) I hope you're feeling better now... we were wondering where you were...

Thanks Stew and Jon! :)

I must leave it alone until the lights arrive as I'm fiddling and in danger of messing things up... I've applied Krystal Klear to the rear / tail lights twice and now I have two tiny blobs of stuff on the back... probably 'to scale' but, practically, invisible. I've also decided not to weather anything as she looks nice now and I don't want to mess up.

Aqua Gloss on the glass do we think? Or would that be just fiddling?

Come on postie...

• Like 3

Thanks Stew and Keith, good advice. I must leave it alone... not long now... :)

Perhaps I'll have a clear up and get out the Eurofighter...

• Like 4