AZmodel/Legato/Admiral WWII aircraft - comments, questions and wishes

CzechKits.com

Hi,

Good to hear about the D-500 series.

Just to clarify; first flight of F-84; February 1946, first flight of B-36; August 1946.

It seems Jerzy-Wojtek had a period appropriate pair of adversaries, given first flight of P-1106 was and would have been...never, as it was a prototype dropped by the RLM as having no advantages over the P-1101.

The P-1101 led to the Bell X-5. Had France granted plans to American and German parties in 1945, the 80% complete P-1101 could have been completed, making it possibly a 'Luft, late 45' project.

Can't please all of the people all of the time, me included. Nevertheless for a complete and utter 'whif' arbitrarily quoted at 1946, F-84 and B-36 would quite possibly be even earlier adversaries if the war had still been current, due to pressure to enter service.

I'm normally supportive of AZ. Have to say, looking at it just as a kit, that P-1106 box art isn't AZ's finest :confused:.

Best regards

Tony

I find it unlikely that the Germans would have faced B36s as that makes no sense. Most likely the B29 would have replaced the B17 and B24. No need for a super long range bomber when you have an unsinkable carrier aka the UK.

Edited by Abakan
  • Like 1

Dear Joachim,

Sorry, if it looks as moralisation of others. I was not my intence. I just wanted to share with my doubts and perhaps also fears....

I am doing models for almost 50 years. I started before I was 10. So I have in my mind, that the models are also toys for a 10-years kid. And a box art is a message, which learn him about something - in this case about the WWII history in some sense. In this case ("luftwaffe '46") I think that it would be more fair if both sides on box-art machines will belong the category of "what if" for WWII history - like I 've seen on some boxes DH Vampire or even DH Hornet as countrpartner of some concept jets.

Regarding the WWII high-tech - on airplanes both sides were working on jets and Germans were a bit ahead indeed But not more then a bit. Similar with guided missilies - but US had also guided bomb "Bat" at the end of war. On the other hand - the presurised whole fuselage cabin (which made a huge progress in civil transport after WWII ) was developed in US. The real advatage of Germans was V2 - there was nothing compare to that on Allies side. Both sides were working on computer, the A-bomb and nuclear reactor but it was sucessfully resolved only by Allies. We can discuss how the war effort made the progress in technique for long time...

Best regards

Jerzy-Wojtek

Please let it be a MB5.

+1 for that!

Now, will all you people please quit distracting Jan with philosophy and what-if/never-was, so he can concentrate on getting those KP Lavochkins produced! :thumbsup:

John

• Like 5

I find it unlikely that the Germans would have faced B36s as that makes no sense. Most likely the B29 would have replaced the B17 and B24. No need for a super long range bomber when you have an unsinkable carrier aka the UK.

I have to agree with you there. If we introduce subtle anachronism to WWII it creates interesting food for thought. For example, would there have been any need to take Iwo Jima, if the B-36 had been in service then?

Changing the implementation frame of technological development, would quite possibly have a profound effect on civilian and military casualty levels overall. I guess that applies to any war.

I don't want to go off topic, but I was wondering last night, in light of the discussion here, what could actually have led to a 'Luft 46' situation? All hypothetical, but probably German success at Stalingrad, Leningrad, the fall of Moscow?

I'm always amazed that the Soviets didn't just keep on rolling after the fall of Berlin, and take the rest of central Northern Europe; they seemed unstoppable. Maybe it was intelligence of the Manhattan Project that stopped them? :hmmm:

All this would make an interesting thread in BM chat.

Back to the true purpose of the thread; I still look forward to P36/75 (for which many decal sheets are appearing in 1/72) and hope for D-510 :pray:.

I had forgotten, but AZ also, perhaps are to release a new tool Me 262? That would be good. Please no box art with Me 262 shooting down Boeing Peashooter :winkgrin:!

Best regards

Tony

• Like 1

Hi Tim,

I almost felt this company knows something we don't. But if AZ aren't releasing the P36 soon, I don't know who is.

This manufacturer has released decals from Norwegian to French to British and more, I don't work for this store, it's just where I found these decals:

http://www.aviationmegastore.com/curtiss-mohawk-iv-hawk-75a-4-raf-lpm72-30-lps-hobby-lpm72-30-aircraft-scale-modelling-decals/product/?action=prodinfo&art=139157

I am doing a kitbash of a Smer C36/75/scratch and an Airfix 81 Hawk. I'm getting old/not the best of health and can't be sure I'll be around when the AZ model is released, so this decal manufacturer will prove useful for my Norwegian subject.

Best regards

Tony

Can you provide a link to these new sheets? I'd like to know more.

Tim

Hello Tim

Here are some decals sheets you might be interested

https://www.hannants.co.uk/product/BER72063

https://www.hannants.co.uk/product/BER72064

https://www.hannants.co.uk/product/IS02272

https://www.hannants.co.uk/product/KORD72318

https://www.hannants.co.uk/product/LPM7224

https://www.hannants.co.uk/product/LPM7232

https://www.hannants.co.uk/product/SFD72110

And so on ..

With so many sheets it is time for a good P36 H75 model in 1/72 scale ..

Patrice

Thanks Tony, some interesting sheets they have. Any experience with them?

Tim

Thanks Patrice,

It's obvious that either somebody knows something about a future release, or wears going to have

It's of decals in our stash awaiting conversions of the old Monogram kit.

Tim

Whatever happened to the Miles Master on the second post?

That is something I would like to know as well, probably something to do with being less popular and therefore profitable than another series of Bf109s, Spitfires or plane designs that were found as a doodle in the back of a German designers pocket book circa 1945.
  • Like 2

There have been a few companies who announce an advance list of subjects, but modify them in the light of the commercial interest shown. I strongly suspect that this is the case here, as with other suggested examples. It is difficult to blame a commercial company for not going ahead with something that had been shown to have only limited sales prospects.

However, in this case it is possible to create the model from an old Frog/Novo kit and a spare Mercury engine/cowling set.

I too would love a new tool, accurate P-36/Hawk 75. The difficulty for any manufacturer is keeping all the different variations straight, or even trying to accommodate them all in one kit. Engines, cowlings, landing gear...I think there are many more. I have the Special Hobby P-36A and the AML Hawk 75 A-1,2,3 as well as the venerable old Monogram kit. The marking schemes are numerous and many quite colourful.

If some manufacturer does this right - riches await! :)

Cheers,

Bill

• Like 5

Thanks Tony, some interesting sheets they have. Any experience with them?

TimThanks Patrice,

It's obvious that either somebody knows something about a future release, or wears going to have

It's of decals in our stash awaiting conversions of the old Monogram kit.

Tim

Hi Tim,

No experience of them yet. I've ordered a set of Norwegian markings. The model is quite a way off being finished yet, so it will be a while :S. The Smer kit is very basic, but provides a decent 'shell'. In 1/32 I think Special Hobby have kitted a few versions. Unfortunately I have no space for 1/32.

Something is going on; why so many decal sets?

Best regards

Tony

PS thanks for more information and links Patrice :)

Just in short - Miles Master I/II/III kits status - we have camo designed, for one boxing decals printed. Master model is on the table, but has "priority 2" status. So be patient please. We have to produce some mainstreams to cover the costs of this special bird. I think it is very easy to imagine selling numbers of Miles Master.....

P-36/H-75 is in progress.

Priority 1 has now the British project planned for

Edited by Jan Polc
  • Like 4

thanks for the update Jan on the Master. i understand that you can only produce so many models at any one time and that you have priorities and also a living to make. I am glad that the Master is progressing and I am intrigued by what the British plane will be.

We will announce the British project for Telford in time.

But, you try to guess....

It is single engine aircraft.

Single seater?