CA-13 Boomerang, `The Grim Reaper`

Hi Everyone, Here`s some pic`s of my attempt at Special Hobbys 1/48 Boomerang that I finished last night

Q4op3gC.jpg

Done as `The Grim Reaper` of No4 Sqn RAAF, flown by Squadron Leader Walliker, 1944

ith0oXN.jpg

Built mostly OOB and even managed to use some of the photo etch although some of the smaller levers eluded me

ZHTxa4D.jpg

Found this one a bit of a slog, especially trying to get the interior to fit between the fuselage halves

lWZcQ47.jpg

and the delicate resin tail wheel was replaced with something from the spares box as I kept breaking it

GYbovge.jpg

Tried to give it a very sun-bleached appearance and hope I succeeded

aBdgdMk.jpg

Hope you enjoy looking at, have a great weekend, Cheers Russ

• Like 14

Very nice, I didn't realise these were being used operationally in 1944. What green did you use for it?

Cheers 85`, It`s Humbrol 149 with various shades of grey and olive drab for the weathering, slapped on with hairy stick as usual.

Thanks to all for looking and positive comments

Build the Boomerang by Tasman about a decade ago and I realized that the spinner was not actually right in the middle of the engine opening,so I thought it was a self inflicted mistake while building the kit.Yet,when I looked at your excellent Boomer,I realized it wasn't in the centre too.I guess it must had been designed that way.After a decade of pondering over it,i am at ease now.Great Boomerang,one of my all time favourite!

• Like 1

It really looks the part! so despite the issues you had with the kit I would say it was well worth persevering with.

Martin

• Like 1