Bf109 T-2 Brengun-Tamiya 1/72 (2022)

The Brengun kit is quite good, but I preferred to 'exchange' the fuselage and wing underside with the corresponding parts of an old Tamiya; in any case it is necessary to engrave the brakes on the wing upper side, extend the wing under the radiators, and add 4 hinges to the ailerons.

Set Aires for the interior, some modifications and additions to the oil cooler and the undercarriage, MG17 Aber and our T is practically finished.

The aircraft represented is a T-2 of 13./JG 77, operating from Stavanger-Sola in September 1941. A word about the pilot: Lieutenant Alfred Jakobi had the honor, on 8 September 1941, of being, together at the Uffz. Woite, the first German pilot to shoot down a B-17.

The camo scheme, as always given exclusively by brush, is in the classic RLM 74/75/76; note the nose panel in 74 (probable replacement) and the fact that the 'white 4', like other T's, has the sides of the fuselage lightened by a haze of 76.

The undersides

Hope you like it.
Thanks for your attention.
Criticisms and suggestions welcome.
Giampiero Piva

• Like 57

Nice results. Paint job - superb for a brush. I like the scratch built elements and merging wings between kit manufacturers. But I don't like one thing - you closed the cockpit, while exposing the superb Aires resin would be very easy at this point.

• Thanks 1

Outstanding kit bash, top class build and out of this world painting.

Need I say more?

JR

• Thanks 1

Giampiero, great work as usual! :)

One question: Your clear parts always seem so very transparent. Do you do anything special to them (Polishing/Thinning/Future?) or is the lighting in your photos? Or a combination of different things?

Cheers,

Christian

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, ChristianK said:

One question: Your clear parts always seem so very transparent. Do you do anything special to them (Polishing/Thinning/Future?) or is the lighting in your photos? Or a combination of different things?

Thank you! For clear parts, I limit myself to a coat of polish. HTH

Cheers

Giampiero

• Like 1

I only wish I could use the airbrush as effectively as you use the paintbrush.  My German camo skills are nowhere near your brush painting skills.  My 10 gal. hat is off to  you for such a great 109.  Thanks for sharing.

• Thanks 1

What a great example of crosskitting! I have both kits and I never thought of doing what you have done.The replacement panel in mismatched paint really adds a touch of realism. Well done, G! :like:

Mike

Maybe Special Hob by will get around to one at some point!

Edited by 72modeler
corrected spelling, added text
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...