Jump to content

andyh59

Members
  • Content Count

    124
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Community Reputation

653 Excellent

1 Follower

About andyh59

  • Rank
    New Member
  • Birthday 01/14/1951

Profile Information

  • Gender
    Male
  • Location
    birmingham uk
  • Interests
    luftwaffe 1935-45

Recent Profile Visitors

1,141 profile views
  1. Just a quick update and acknowledgement to ICM within 6 weeks of first emailing them, regarding the damaged transparent part in my He111H-3 kit , I received a complete sprue of the transparencies for this kit. Excellent after sales service.
  2. Thanks for your input John & Alain, have got in touch with ICM requesting replacements. Looks like this project goes back on the shelf for a while!!!!!! Cheers Andy
  3. Just started building the ICM 1/48 Heinkel He11H-3 and unfortunately a couple of the transparencies are cracked and need replacing. Has anyone had any experience of obtaining spare parts from ICM? Thanks in advance - Andy
  4. This is my second build from the Eduard Royal Boxing of the Bf109F 1/48th, this time an F-2. Virtually built O.O.B. with some extra detailing in the cockpit. I chose this particular machine for its colour scheme, originally delivered in standard RLM 74/75/76 it was overpainted in the field with mottle consisting of RLM 02/70/79. Model was painted using AK True Colours, decals from kit, Black 12 came from Tamiya Fw190D-9 kit. The name under cockpit was home printed, yellow outline painted freehand. I used Mig Lucky matt varnish for final coat, not too sure of this stuff took about t
  5. After my previous efforts with Eduard's 109E's I decided to move onto their 109F's! I've had the Royal Boxing since its release but only now have I decided to build them, a lot easier than the 109E's I'm glad to say. I've had in my decal collection one of the Aeromaster 'Augsburg Eagle' sheets, this particular sheet featured a Bf109F-4 in an unusual scheme from JG5 which I was attracted to, so decided to model this F-4. A little research into this machine proved this was an 'Errormaster' scheme on the decal sheet! The aircraft was Yellow 3, but the style 3 on the decal sheet w
  6. Thanks for your positive comments. I'm also interested in how the Wingsy 109E will turn out!
  7. Eduard's 1/48 Messerschmitt Bf109E's are once again being re-released to coincide with the 80th Anniversary of the B.O.B. not that that's the reason I decided to pull these two kits out of my stash!! I've had these kits since they were first released the E-3 in 2012 and the E-7 in 2013, I tried various methods to reduce the incorrect length of the fuselages, not being happy with any of them they went back into the stash until now, why now, who knows!!!!! The first kit was the Bf (or Me)109E-3 this one is a complete 'cadge up'(mess!). I tried to shorten the fuselage by removing
  8. Great build and finish, very well done .
  9. Hi Dave my modification to the tail is easy but probably not 100% accurate but at least looks better than left as is. I make a vertical cut just in front of the tailplane fairing on each fuselage half to the centre line of the tailplane fairing. Then cut along the 2nd panel line above the tailplane fairing on top of the fuselage, again to centre of fairing. Cut from front cut to 2nd cut, centred along fairing this then removes part of the fuselage and tailplane. Repeat this on other fuselage half, then glue the 2 separated fuselage pieces together. It's probably best to reinforce
  10. After tackling ICM's 1/48 Dornier Do215 (see my other RFI) I decided to jump in to my second ICM build the Do17Z-10, from ICM's1/48 Dornier family. The kit has all the same mouldings as the 215, except of course engines/cowlings and nose, a lot of these required injection pin marks to be removed(seems to be a hallmark of ICM kits). I used the Eduard p/e sets for the interior and exterior, also a set of masks. The interior had a little extra detail added to it including the MG151 cannon which can now hardly be seen. I closed up the bomb bay and added the fairing to the top of t
  11. I really think it's about time Eduard considered re-tooling their 1/48 Bf109E, especially with the hopefully more accurate Wingsy kit on the horizon. Eduard's rendition is too great in length and too wide wing slats also maybe do away with full engine, a Brassin substitute is available for those who want this detail. Just my opinion .
  12. This is the result of my first build of an ICM kit, even though it was purchased when it first appeared back in 2014 I never got round to building it till now. So armed with the kit, Eduard's interior, exterior, bomb bay p/e sheets and masks, Quickboost's resin spinner/props and exhausts, finally Xtradecals sheet the build commenced. I had read the reviews and builds by others and was left with mixed feelings about ICM 1/48 kits especially the Do215, but plunged in anyway!! It was certainly not one of the easiest kits I've built and took me far longer to complete than I e
  13. These two kits were built together, the Siebel Si204 using aftermarket i.e. Eduard 'Big Ed' etched and masks plus CMK resin wheels, seats and spinners. Where as the Bucker Bu181 was built virtually otb, both kits were Special Hobby 1/48 scale. The Si204 wasn't the easiest of kits to build, some of the parts not fitting together too well. The canopies were a bit of a trial to get a decent fit but was successful in the end. I also re-scribed all the panel lines as I found the kit ones to be rather shallow. On the plus side the interior detail was excellent, unfortunately mostly lost
×
×
  • Create New...