DaveCov's Airfix 1/144 Sud-Avation SE210 Caravelle (03177)

davecov

My build of the Airfix 1/144 Sud-Avation SE210 Caravelle (03177)

Sud_Avation_SE_210_Caravelle_2023_GB_047

Sud_Avation_SE_210_Caravelle_2023_GB_048

Sud_Avation_SE_210_Caravelle_2023_GB_049

Sud_Avation_SE_210_Caravelle_2023_GB_050

Sud_Avation_SE_210_Caravelle_2023_GB_051

Sud_Avation_SE_210_Caravelle_2023_GB_052

Sud_Avation_SE_210_Caravelle_2023_GB_053

It was built OOB apart from BOA Decals (BOA44120). It was a real battle though as I struggled badly with hand problems caused by arthritis and diabetes.

Dave

• Like 38

Lovely model @davecov thanks for sharing. Like most of the old Airfix airliners the Caravelle has its flaws but with a bit of work it can still give an excellent result. (The only exception is the 747 which is beyond the pale!)

@Work In Progress if you can't get hold of the BOA decals the same livery is available from F-DCAL.

Dave G

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Hi Dave,

Despite the difficulties that you had with the build, specifically your health issues, you’ve come out the other side with an absolutely beautiful finish on an extremely elegant airliner from an exceptionally old kid! There’s nothing I can find fault with and one you should be very proud of!

I hope that your health improves, arthritis is an absolute sh*t!

• Thanks 1

Stunning job !

I'm amazed that given their age, how closely the noses of the Caravelle, Comet and to a lesser extent, the VC10 match those of modern airlines such as the 787 and A350. The designers were obviously well ahead of their time.

• Thanks 1

Amazing, great result and the very first aircraft I ever flew in, an Air France Caravelle at 6 years old and the first of over 50 distinct types I have subsequently flown in.

• Thanks 1

The Caravelle, and the Comet 4 series, are truly beautiful airliners and nothing in the present day equals them. Your model truly does justice to the French beauty.

• Thanks 1

Thanks everybody for your kind comments. 😃

Although I experienced Mary, Mungo and Midge in my younger days, unbelievably, this is the first time I have ever built an Airfix Caravelle. I had bought the Airwaves Photo Etch for this build and started to use it but to be honest it was awful. The parts did not fit, especially around the rear stairs and undercarriage and so in the end I ditched it all - and the undercarriage - to make it as you see here.

Dave

• Haha 1

18 hours ago, SAT69 said:

The Caravelle, and the Comet 4 series, are truly beautiful airliners and nothing in the present day equals them. Your model truly does justice to the French beauty.

Agreed, and with of course the same cockpit section on both types.

• Thanks 1