T-34/85 Bosnian Serb - 1/35 Italeri

Happy New Year to all Britmodeler.com friends!

Second armour posting for me here and first for 2023. It is the new 1/35 Italeri T-34/85 Korean War, painted as ex-JNA example during the Bosnian war. These tanks were already overused and really weathered, so I tried to represent mine as such, with chipping, pigments, washes and rust. The wheels are from Miniart, and I used the Star-decals sheet that includes these markings. Comments and questions welcomed.

Best,

Dimitris

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

• Like 30

You've done a great job with this one Dimitris. My only criticism would be that the barrel looks brand new, like you forgot to weather it.

George

That is just excellent. And splendid.
That is one very very nice build, Dimitris, in fact, it all looks brilliant, especially the painting, lots of lovely detail that you have done, really making this an excellent model.

Vytautas

Top notch.  Love the restrained weathering, it's too easy to go overboard and make it look ready for the scrap heap, but you got it just right. 

It feels odd(?) to see the 4Cs on a vehicle.  I only ever saw it as graffiti on ruined buildings from my time in Bosnia and Kosovo. 

Big thanks for all the comments!

On 1/8/2023 at 10:59 PM, Big_Bad_Bill said:

It feels odd(?) to see the 4Cs on a vehicle.  I only ever saw it as graffiti on ruined buildings from my time in Bosnia and Kosovo. 

It was a symbol used both by Krajina and Bosnian Serbs, there are many photos showing tanks and vehicles bearing this symbol. In my T-34/85 case it was more of a speculative artistic addition...