1/48 - Martin B-26B Marauder by ICM - released

Homebee

Those look like props from an B-26K Counter INvader?!?!

No  I am no impatient....Just saying the estimates by most of these companies are very optimistic!...Especially for ICM with the current geo-political military situation

Plenty to build just have some AM's for it!

Steve,

8 hours ago, Corvi said:

Those look like props from an B-26K Counter INvader?!?!

No  I am no impatient....Just saying the estimates by most of these companies are very optimistic!...Especially for ICM with the current geo-political military situation

Plenty to build just have some AM's for it!

Steve,

I even think that this set came from a DC6 given the cowlings and all 🙃

That's going to need some work though... looks like a modified tail, with a significant sweep & additional fillet, and extended tailcone.
Underside of the nacelles are also reworked - compare this one to the mods on N5546N for instance.

• 1 month later...
  • Homebee changed the title to 1/48 - Martin B-26B Marauder by ICM - box art - release March 2024
  • Homebee changed the title to 1/48 - Martin B-26B Marauder by ICM - box art - release Q1 2024 ?
  • 2 weeks later...

Two more boxings expected in 2024

- ref. 48321 - Martin B-26B Marauder - "Flak Bait", 322nd Bombardment Group - Q4 2024
- ref. 48322 - Martin B-26B Marauder with USAAF Pilots and Ground Personnel - Q2 2024

B26-2.png

V.P.

Edited by Homebee
  • Like 2

On 12/28/2023 at 5:58 PM, Homebee said:

Two more boxings expected in 2024

- ref. 48321 - Martin B-26B Marauder - "Flak Bait", 322nd Bombardment Group - Q4 2024
- ref. 48322 - Martin B-26B Marauder with USAAF Pilots and Ground Personnel - Q2 2024

V.P.

Flak Bait is the one for me.

• Like 2

On 12/29/2023 at 1:04 AM, IT_Man said:

Worth noting that the price has gone up by £20 on the original boxing (as well as the new one).. May get away with it on Pre-Order, depending on where you buy from!

Hannants are now showing the full RRP on my backorder as being £75 but my backorder discount price as still being £50. Be interesting to see if it stays that way.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, fightersweep said:

Hannants are now showing the full RRP on my backorder as being £75 but my backorder discount price as still being £50. Be interesting to see if it stays that way.

Fingers crossed for you! I've had both from them before (I.e. paying the lower/original price and the higher price).

6 minutes ago, modelling minion said:

Mine is due for delivery from Jadlam tomorrow and they only charged the original asking price. Very keen to see whats in the box as I haven't even been able to find what the kit decal options are apart from the one on the box art.

https://www.jadlamracingmodels.com/icm-48320-martin-b-26b-marauder-wwii-bomber-1-48-plastic-model-kit/

V.P.

Must be an error (on the delivery)! It's not even due for release till March according to ICM, and it's not been featured in their "Soon on Sale"!!

Hopefully you'll get it for that price (and that Jadlam don't sell it at a loss)

• Like 1

On 1/7/2024 at 6:38 PM, IT_Man said:

Must be an error (on the delivery)! It's not even due for release till March according to ICM, and it's not been featured in their "Soon on Sale"!!

Hopefully you'll get it for that price (and that Jadlam don't sell it at a loss)

Yes there was an error, I ordered the kit with some other stuff and what they had done is send the things that were in stock, which makes perfect sense, but the email they sent said the whole order was being shipped.

• Like 1

• Homebee changed the title to 1/48 - Martin B-26B Marauder by ICM - box art+3D renders - release March 2024
  • Like 13
  • Thanks 3

2 hours ago, Homebee said:

Is that two machine guns on the floor of the rear fuselage? Why?

23 minutes ago, New Tool said:

Is that two machine guns on the floor of the rear fuselage? Why?

guns fired out of rear doors. Stowed when not in use

seen in place here

B-26_Marauder_Bomber_386th_Bomb_Group_55

Martin_B-26_Marauder_bombers.jpg

B-26B_Barbara_Ann_42-96195_585th_BS_394t

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

Saw a comment on Facebook, re extra detail in the tail will add weight, when the Marauder kits are already a renowned tail-sitters - do our experts here concur?

Might be tempted to leave it out if so, depends on what space is available in the nose to counter-balance?

2 hours ago, IT_Man said:

Saw a comment on Facebook, re extra detail in the tail will add weight, when the Marauder kits are already a renowned tail-sitters - do our experts here concur?

Might be tempted to leave it out if so, depends on what space is available in the nose to counter-balance?

The renders show an empty radio room behind the cockpit. Plenty of room there for nose weight. I'll probably just sling an anvil in there myself and add white metal U/C legs.

• Like 3