Good evening

I was weak facing a promotion on the prices of some Armahobby kits

23090505522223585418252831.jpg  :evil:  :evil:

A few days ago I also received this very nice book

23082906193223585418237838.jpg

with very interesting decals  23082906193223585418237839.jpg  :shock:  :shock:

Just in time for the forthcoming P47 Thunderbolt GB

Patrice

Great looking book/decal’s. Will you be building all dozen or so of them in the STGB ? 😉 Just kidding though that does look like a great book. 

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, Corsairfoxfouruncle said:

Great looking book/decal’s. Will you be building all dozen or so of them in the STGB ? 😉 Just kidding though that does look like a great book. 

Good morning Dennis 

I am not sure that I will find enough time to build all the aircraft represented in the decals sheet ...but I will do  my best to build at least one or two of them ..

Best regards 

Patrice 

• Like 1

A bulk order of AK interactive paints and some revell conctaca clear, probably shouldn't have ordered so many given they are all punts, but as if they are the colours all for GB projects or personal ones  high up the build list had I only ordered some I', sure I would have gone for the other soonish so saved few quid postage. Hopefully they pay off, have been burned before with some AK paints not matching what they claimed before (Looking at their laughbly light RAF Dark Green and the depressingly dark pru blue), then again though others have come out excellent 

Edited by PhantomBigStu
  • Like 1

Well, I'm officially a plasticaholic. I recently found my Mojo with a decision that I would build 1/72 models of WWII aircraft for a change and, in the last week, I have spent a small fortune in online model shops buying the best kits, within a certain price range, of most WWII aircraft. If there wasn't a finite supply I think I'd be in serious trouble. It doesn't help that the wife is 'supportive' and keeps telling me "Go ahead, you only live once". I think she may be even more mad than I am although she does want me to say yes to us getting a second Chihuahua so perhaps that's her game 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Beardie said:

It doesn't help that the wife is 'supportive' and keeps telling me "Go ahead, you only live once". I think she may be even more mad than I am although she does want me to say yes to us getting a second Chihuahua so perhaps that's her game 

Just to let you know Beardie, my wife used to breed Chihuahua’s. If you have questions please ask and I will pass them on. 

• Thanks 1

Thanks @Corsairfoxfouruncle that is very handy to know. Our little one, Poppy (or Poppocataptl as I originally christened her after the wife requested suggestions) is an incredible wee dog. I never thought I'd take to a Chihuahua. We got her to try and lift my wife out of a severe depression (not to put too fine a point on it she attempted to commit suicide in July last year) and I think it worked very well and I can't deny that I am very fond of the little dog myself. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Beardie said:

I think it worked very well

May it continue to do so Beardie, good things in small packages by sound of it. :) 

A couple (or so) packages dropped onto the front door step lately. From UA.Hobby an 1/72 AccsGB Venom Mk IV, a treat to myself after the Aeroclub one in the Airco/DH GB. From Thriftbooks, an early (1980) edition on Africa on the Cheap, curious to see what I missed out on, this was a time I did some African travel, when it was still an adventure & everyone & their dogs hadn't spoiled the unspoiled as much as today perhaps. From the UK via Ebay a 1/43 Renault Colorale Saharien taxi, I can dream can't I? A vist to Christchurch this last weekend saw an Airfix  1/72 Tiger Mk I, a little disappointed it hadn't a zimmerit finish, not sure to so it as Wittman's one & zimmerit it or find a plain one to do, also some Aeromaster Paints in French colours, all from Acorn Models & from Ironhorse Models in the same city, an Airfix Spitfire 1a 'cause I could plus some Humbrol paints on the discontinued list.

Steve.

• Like 4

12 hours ago, Beardie said:

We got her to try and lift my wife out of a severe depression (not to put too fine a point on it she attempted to commit suicide in July last year) and I think it worked very well

Sorry to hear this, happy to hear that shes happier now though. 

• Like 1

Thanks @Corsairfoxfouruncle she has numerous physical and some mental health problems that have ground her down over the years and, to cap it all, our Yorkie and, particularly our Spinone/Labrador cross both died within a few weeks of each other and, along with a few other things, tipped her over the edge. Fortunately I found her before it was too late and got her to hospital. The wee Chi has been a major part of getting her back on her feet. I can't deny that, even though I'm a big gruff, ruff and tuff biker, I have rather a soft spot for the wee dog too and would probably be inclined to rip the arms off anyone who hurt her and beat them to death with them. 

• Sad 1

Got a Kongo and Fuso at the Kent Models Fujimi ships sale. Was going to get the 350th Hiryu, but it sold out just before I could catch it...

IMG_20230908_151157703_HDR

Nobody usually cares about the box these kits come in, but all I can say about Kent is WOW!

IMG_20230908_151354686_HDR

Those haribos vanished into thin air soon afterwards... :D

James.

• Like 5

From Some Unknown Unselfish Oversharing Soul

COVID – three and a half years on and the management and I have it for the first time , would gladly have waited another three and a half - not as bad as the last time we had 'Flu but still would rather be doing without it.

From Hornby

A brace of Mustela furo without the teeth , claws or smell - two x Airfix A1379 1/35 Ferret Scout Car Mk.2 kits , from my 2023 pre-orders (Gannet due in the UK October according to latest Airfix Model World) . . . . . not sure enough about the Ferret to know if the parts breakdown has much re-box potential to slow down possible consideration of a Saracen or even a Saladin (without annoying niggles) as future projects?

From Key Publishing

Aviation Archive No.69 – Battle Of Britain bookazine subscription copy , A look at the air forces , their aircraft and some restored/preserved examples along with a mix of images , contemporary archive cutaways (9) and modern colour profiles (8) , all fairly comprehensive although Italy only warrants two pages , unusually no mention of what the next issue will be but my copy included a ‘personalised’ subscription renewal offer so I suppose they are planning one.

• Like 3

On 9/6/2023 at 12:59 PM, PhantomBigStu said:

A bulk order of AK interactive paints and some revell conctaca clear, probably shouldn't have ordered so many given they are all punts, but as if they are the colours all for GB projects or personal ones  high up the build list had I only ordered some I', sure I would have gone for the other soonish so saved few quid postage. Hopefully they pay off, have been burned before with some AK paints not matching what they claimed before (Looking at their laughbly light RAF Dark Green and the depressingly dark pru blue), then again though others have come out excellent 

Arrived yesterday, haven't been burned, out of the 9, 6 where exactly as advertised and what I hoped they'd be, 2 are the same paint which will be accessed when I build the GB entry in question, and one was quite different to as advertised but I hoped it would be as it would be too dark otherwise. A gamble that has paid off 

On holiday at the moment for a week, but in the "Devils County"..... Yorkshire!!!😇 (Being from the correct side of the Pennines originally, Lancashire! Which of course is Gods own County:laugh:)

Had to pop into Monks Bar Model shop in York! Nice selection of kits, and bits and bobs. Had wanted to pick up the latest Sea Fury release from Airfix, but they had sold it earlier in the day 😔, so consoled myself with the latest boxing of the 1/72 Buccaneer - Gulf War version. Why not?

• Like 4

On 9/7/2023 at 8:07 PM, stevehnz said:

From UA.Hobby an 1/72 AccsGB Venom Mk IV,

I actually went to the same source and gazed longingly at that set not long after viewing your build! Then purchased the following instead:

Just arrived from Fantasy Printshop, the Worldwide DH Vampire sheet. I have a few old Heller Vampires in the stash with missing or perished decals. The difficulty I now face is the new decals look far too nice to use on the older kits. I suppose I'll have to source some Special Hobby boxings sometime. @Pajarito's Rugby World Cup topic partially aligns quite nicely with the choices, so on the other hand I could possibly do a quick World Cup Vampires project! British, Australian, South African, French and Kiwi schemes are all on there.

I also bought some Vickers Valiant codes and serials with the same order. Frustratingly, the (very early) aircraft I'm going to model has a different typeface, so the 2s 0s and Ds won't work. I usually tend to notice these things once I have the physical copy in front of me..

Edited by Karearea
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Karearea said:

@Pajarito's Rugby World Cup topic partially aligns quite nicely with the choices, so on the other hand I could possibly do a quick World Cup Vampires project! British, Australian, South African, French and Kiwi schemes are all on there.

And why didn't you post your opinion with regard to it? Rugby is like a religion in New Zealand. Sometimes I wish I had been born over there. Well, not sometimes, but most of the times. 😆

I really suffer Footie over here.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I have a wonderful SWMBO who not only encourages my hobby, but also buys stuff for me as well...

I woke up this morning to receive the following two items:

Eduard 1/48 Dual Combo Limited Edition Boxing Red Tails P-51D Mustang

Valiant Wings Airframe & Miniature No 14 - Ju-87 Stuka

And later today She is treating me to a trip to the Yorkshire Air Museum at Elvington whilst we are on our little holiday on the wrong side of the Pennines (😉).

• Like 7

Lots of bits and bobs turned up today..

Latest acquisitions

For a day job project, 800mm of 1/76th scale seating (railway coach passenger bottoms, seating, for the use of), and 144 HO scale figures for said seating.

Please, don’t ask how much the client was prepared to pay for those figures… :tmi:

Latest acquisitions

I've never built a vac-form kit before. I have an expensive and rare kit in the stash. To try to avoid making a complete horlicks of it, I have acquired this rather tatty specimen. If I cods this one up, I won’t be too upset, and if I’m lucky a half-decent model of a Wellesley might be the end result. Possibly.

Latest acquisitions

Cor, proper vintage! White plastic, Airfix enamels listed in the instructions! I am 10 years old again!

I had one of these boxes rattling round in my stash for ages. I decided, unsurprisingly, that it didn’t really fit my 1940 theme, and passed it on to someone else. A year rolls by, and I belatedly learn the AEC was actually around on bomber airfields in the latter part of 1940. I kept an eye out on the usual second-hand sites, and this one popped up and into my basket. I plan to get an aftermarket detail/upgrade set for it. The Bedford, sadly, is from the future from my obsessive perspective, but might end up being kitbashed into something fun, just for kicks.

• Like 8

To make up for the lack of any kits at Elvington, we decided (well I persuaded the wife to drive me...) to pop over to Malton, and visit The World Wide Shopping Mall. It's a great place to visit. I would would say a great selection of kits, but also quite a lot of other stuff as well, massive Lego section as well as toys, puzzles, and household. For my part, picked up the reissued Airfix Seafire XVII, and for a good price (£29.99 instead of RRP £39.99)  Ban-Dai 1/72 X-Wing. All in all a good days haul and visits.

• Like 4