What model has nobody kitted that you REALLY want to see?

Alan P

On 10/31/2022 at 9:03 PM, TonyOD said:

A bit leftfield for me, but the Sikorsky S-92 helicopter, I'd love to be able to build a model of the Coastguard helicopter used for mountain rescue in Snowdonia

Yup, I'll second that! Especially as I'm there now, between stand-in shifts away from my home base!

Jon

• Like 1

On 11/1/2022 at 7:03 AM, TonyOD said:

A bit leftfield for me, but the Sikorsky S-92 helicopter, I'd love to be able to build a model of the Coastguard helicopter used for mountain rescue in Snowdonia. I've seen a lot of it during my trips down there, often in some hair-raising situations (very skilful pilots!). Here's me, and it, while I was kayaking on Llyn Padarn couple of months back.

spacer.png

I don't consider this a left field request at all. I would love to see a S-92 in any scale but to answer the question of this thread:

I want an AW 139 helicopter in 1:48.

Half the world's HEMS services fly these machines and quite a few "Rescue" services use them as well so there are many many interesting liveries to choose from. The oil and gas industry and luxury VIP machines add even more options. I know the Irish army also use them so there is even a military option if your favourite kit manufacturer of choice if frightened of a civilian only kit.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, SallysDad said:

Maybe we should have a sister thread to go with this one. And in that one we could post on any new kits that are hoped for in this one.

We could but I have a feeling that the same subjects in the new thread would still be requested in the old one... if a company issued a new kit of subject XYZ in resin there would be those who complain that it's resin while they hoped for a plastic kit. If a company issued the same in plastic as a short run kit someone would complain that it's a short run and not a mainstream kit. If finally a company released the same subject in standard injected plastic form there would still be someone complaining that it was not done by the company they hoped or that it's a £20 kit while they wanted a £10 kit or the variant would be wrong and so on....🤣

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

52 minutes ago, Giorgio N said:

We could but I have a feeling that the same subjects in the new thread would still be requested in the old one... if a company issued a new kit of subject XYZ in resin there would be those who complain that it's resin while they hoped for a plastic kit. If a company issued the same in plastic as a short run kit someone would complain that it's a short run and not a mainstream kit. If finally a company released the same subject in standard injected plastic form there would still be someone complaining that it was not done by the company they hoped or that it's a £20 kit while they wanted a £10 kit or the variant would be wrong and so on....🤣

...AKA the Rumourmonger thread 😂

• Haha 3

On 10/19/2022 at 7:01 PM, Dave Fleming said:

Actually, apologies, I don't think that existed, I may have been getting mixed up with the Beverly

Argosy? Airways IIRC, ca. 1986. It's a bit tough to guess since the quoted posts are nowhere to be found.

Has anyone mentioned the Baby Sea King yet, HH-52? Immortalised in Thunderball.

• Like 1

Cant help but think that  a 1/32 Seahawk, and Firefly would be nice, plus, if we are dreaming here, a 1/200 scale Illustrious class carrier (it would be nice to have a big wartime Victorious to go with my 1961 version)....oh yes and a 1/12 low chassis Invicta, and a 3 litre Bentley in the same scale...........................I think i had better stop now !!

Cheers 

David

• Like 1

2 hours ago, HansReggelsen said:

OK - going out on a limb here: A injection molded 1/48 McDonnell XP-67 Moonbat! :frantic:

Why? :hmmm:- I hear you ask - It's übercool! :D

Cheers :bye:

Hans J

Combat Models and Collect-Aire. both do/did kits. "Injection moulded" no, nor likely to be, But we can't be choosy.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, tempestfan said:

But they're no Sabres?!?

Correct, but it seems unfair to say "F-86A!" when there are aircraft which genuinely have never been kitted, in any scale. An example: Convair L-13. They made more than 300 of them too!

Hindustan HF-24 Marut. Beautiful aircraft, and the last one designed by Kurt Tank. Since I don't do WWII 'luftstuffe' this might be the closest I come. Economists are saying that within 5 years India will have the largest middle class in the world, so there should be a ready market. Fantasy Kit World did this at my request. 

52710167544_8494ebf91c_z.jpgMarut 

Edited by The Rat
  • Like 4

1/72:

Aeronca L-3

Avro Anson versions after Mk.I

Blackburn Shark Mk.III

Blohm & Voss BV 222C

Breguet 19 series

CAMS 55

DAR-3 Garvan

DAR-6 Siniger

Dewoitine D.26

Dornier Do 11/13/23

Douglas B-23 Dragon

Douglas DC-5/R3D

Fiat CR.30

Fiat G.12

Heinkel He 42

Heinkel He 50

Heinkel He 66

Heinkel HE 72 Kadett

Heinkel He 111D/F/G/J/R

Heinkel He 115

Henschel Hs 130

Levasseur PL.7

Levasseur PL.101

Lockheed C-56

Manshu Hayabusa

Nakajima G5N Shinzan

P-51 Mustang lightweight versions

PZL P-43

Vickers Warwick

Westland Wapiti

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, jenko said:

1/48  Sunderland. Injection moulded. 

Marut: Alliance and Warrior in 1/72

Sunderland has been done in 1/48 MANY times. Sanger (Contrail?), Sinifer, Combat, Pend Oreille, Alpha Flight.

"injection moulded" and "Tamiya" just beg the question - why (for the latter) and would you like any particular colour plastic? (the former).

Maybe we should have a thread for "What model has nobody kitted to your particular requirements?"

11 minutes ago, Sabrejet said:

Marut: Alliance and Warrior in 1/72

Sunderland has been done in 1/48 MANY times. Sanger (Contrail?), Sinifer, Combat, Pend Oreille, Alpha Flight.

"injection moulded" and "Tamiya" just beg the question - why (for the latter) and would you like any particular colour plastic? (the former).

Maybe we should have a thread for "What model has nobody kitted to your particular requirements?"

The last 4 I have never heard of. The other 2 are vacforms. Which not all of us do. Or like the thought of doing. 

So if there is a 1/48 injection Sunderland out there please point me in the right direction. As to the colour of plastic ...... who cares🤗

Edited by jenko