10th BM Anniversary GB Chat

29 minutes ago, Learstang said:

The F-110, that was the designation the USAF was going to use for the Phantom II before the decision in 1962 to have a unitary designation system for all aircraft (it probably extended to other machines/devices, but aircraft are what I know). So does that mean that all F-4s are allowed?

I would say no.  Two F-4Bs were loaned to the USAF, which designated them "F-110 Spectre".  The designation only ever applied to those two specific aircraft BuNos 149405 and 149406.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

After much stash mining I've turned out a Valentine Mk.XI from Wee Friends. Before the outrage I've also got a 6pdr barrel to make it into a Mk.X :D Just need to find some 3rd Canadian Infantry division decals in 1/48 and I'm good to go.

Targets you say. A tank on the runway is the ultimate air superiority weapon, even if just a hulk. Pesky planes can't stay up there forever.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

13 minutes ago, Enzo Matrix said:

I would say no.  Two F-4Bs were loaned to the USAF, which designated them "F-110 Spectre".  The designation only ever applied to those two specific aircraft BuNos 149405 and 149406.

Just as well, as I don't have any F-4s to build! I do however have a rather nice Spitfire PR.X...

Regards,

Jason

• Like 2

Ho ho! Moved into the current build section can mean only one thing...it’s nearly time. I will just take all the aftermarket, decals out and “Czech” the kit again and paint inventory...for the 3rd time to make sure it’s good to go right on the button.

Currently I am working on two Fokkers CX: Kestrel and Pagasus engines. I have them partially glued. How to judge this 25% of build? 

Cheers

J-W

18 hours ago, Valkyrie said:

Ho ho! Moved into the current build section can mean only one thing...it’s nearly time. I will just take all the aftermarket, decals out and “Czech” the kit again and paint inventory...for the 3rd time to make sure it’s good to go right on the button.

That all sounds frighteningly well organised to me. Maybe I should learn something from it.....Nah! the world will implode or something.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

15 hours ago, Black Knight said:

We judge mostly on the number of parts stuck together. Post up a photo or two so we can see how far along you've got

So we do not consider painting nor finishing? Regarding number of parts it is behind half for both CX.... So I quit with them as to GB.

However - besided Fokker CX I can go with Kawasaki Ki 10 (two kits: Ki-10-I  by Avis and Ki-10 II by ICM) or Nieman R 10 by Pavla...

BTW - what about Messerschmitt 110? If it is still "10" there are Me 210, 410, Caproni 310, Bloch 210... Nobody mentioned also PWS-10, I think.  I do not have them in stash (they are on shelves ready :) )

How about P47-D10, P-51D-10 etc? Are they "in"?

Cheers

J-W

Hello Quick question concerning OV-10’s ? Im most likely going to build a USMC Bronco but i have spent a few hours searching the Ether for photos of a VS-41 Shamrocks OV-10 Bronco ? Apparently they were the OCU for the navies broncos. I’ve only one possible but cant post it due to ownership rights. 

So if anyone has any knowledge of US Navy OV-10 Bronco’s in Shamrocks markings I would be very grateful.

Dennis

OK, I plan on a 10 Sqn RAAF aircraft, but don't have the time to do a big one like a Sunderland, Lincoln, Neptune, Orion or even a P8, but they did back in the day operate a Target Tug CAC Mustang A68-113

So, Red Roo do a conversion, and surprise surprise, I have it and a Tamiya Mustang, and of course the Southern Cross Mustangs book, so if all is OK with the mods, that will be my entry

2 hours ago, Graeme H said:

OK, I plan on a 10 Sqn RAAF aircraft, but don't have the time to do a big one like a Sunderland, Lincoln, Neptune, Orion or even a P8, but they did back in the day operate a Target Tug CAC Mustang A68-113

So, Red Roo do a conversion, and surprise surprise, I have it and a Tamiya Mustang, and of course the Southern Cross Mustangs book, so if all is OK with the mods, that will be my entry

How about that, I did not know 10SQN had a Mustang on Strength Graeme.

I was planning on doing a 10SQN RAAF aircraft as well, most likely a P-3 since I have about 8 of them in the stash, just not sure on which scheme to go with at this stage.

• Like 1

Please excuse the copyright marking on this image, but it's my image from my preview that I did over on MM and I am quite sure DaBoss wouldn't mind.

Can I join with this kit of Gemini and Agena, modelled as Gemini X? 

rsgeminibt.jpg

The way you'd know it was Gemini X will be because ... I'll mount it on a stand with the Gemini 10 mission patch.

I literally have nothing else in my whole stash remotely with a 10 in it.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, bianfuxia said:

Please excuse the copyright marking on this image, but it's my image from my preview that I did over on MM and I am quite sure DaBoss wouldn't mind.

rsgeminibt.jpg

The way you'd know it was Gemini X will be because ... I'll mount it on a stand with the Gemini 10 mission patch.

I see no problem with that.  :yes:

Welcome to the GB  :welcome:

22 minutes ago, Phantome said:

Just curious, are 10s in the aircraft serials or unit number acceptable? i.e. a USN bird with "110"... or a MiG-29 that's "Red 10"?

I reckon I just gotta allow those, after all I'm allowing a Gripen with just '10th Anniversary' markings on it.  A 10 would be better tho

@Black Knight ... or @Enzo Matrix ... I have Quick question. I would like to post a photo but not sure if i am able to ? It is a photo from the Chinalake alumni website of an OV-10 Bronco. I think it would be ok if i posted and credited them with ownership. But do they have restrictions like Airliners.Net ? If so would it be easier to post a link ? And how to do that ? I am attempting to contact them as well to see if i can post the photo. But any and all input is welcome here. I dont want to make a miss-step. 

Dennis

1 minute ago, Corsairfoxfouruncle said:

@Black Knight ... or @Enzo Matrix ... I have Quick question. I would like to post a photo but not sure if i am able to ? It is a photo from the Chinalake alumni website of an OV-10 Bronco. I think it would be ok if i posted and credited them with ownership. But do they have restrictions like Airliners.Net ? If so would it be easier to post a link ? And how to do that ? I am attempting to contact them as well to see if i can post the photo. But any and all input is welcome here. I dont want to make a miss-step.

If they give permission for you to post the picture then by all means do so but please credit them as well.

If you don't get permission, a link is fine.   When you have the website page open in your browser, you can see the URL in the address box at the top of the screen.  Simply copy that to the clipboard and paste it into your BM post.

• Thanks 2

10 hours ago, bianfuxia said:

rsgeminibt.jpg

Considering John Young passed so recently and his co-crew was Michael Collins I think this is an inspired choice. I really hope it works out...

This is the other reason

as11_44_6642.jpg

Taken by Collins as Armstrong and Aldrin returned from the Lunar surface 21 July 1969.

It shows every human who had EVER existed except ONE. Stunning.

• Like 3

The original F-Troop;

1. Black Knight

2. Avereda

3. Graham77

4. Antoine

5. TonyTiger66

6. SAU

7. PlaStix

8. milktrip

9. Jabba

10. franky boy

11 rio

12 Max Headroom

13 Christer A

14 snapper_city

15 Mjwomack

16 TrojanThunder - now known as Romeo Alpha Yankee

17 Rob G

18 CliffB

19 stevej60

20 Arniec

21 vppelt68

22 Jb65rams

23 zebra

24 Grandboof

25 825

26 Radleigh

27 Graeme H

28 Bullbasket

29 Valkyrie

30 SimonT

31 Corsairfoxfouruncle

Red indicates those who have started build threads.

I'm in orange cos I'll be putting mine up soon.

New members to the Secret Coven of Dix

These also have started build threads;

Dave_R

PhantomBigStu

theplasticsurgeon

specky

Colin W

Pierpaolo

MarkSH

SleeperService

adamcoffman

Giorgio N