Airfix 2017

Denford

13 minutes ago, Whofan said:

Assuming of course Airfix  do a Korean War decal option.

Don't worry: Xtradecal will surely go crazy and cover the many, many schemes that Airfix couldn' t include.

Not forgetting Australian, Canadian, Pakistani, Iraqi, German, Dutch, Burma and Cuban marking possibilities!

^_^ Looking forward to this one!

Christian, exiled to a land with intermittent internet

Edited by wyverns4
fingers...!

55 minutes ago, AntPhillips said:

In all the furore of the Sea Fury release, it may have slipped past you that Airfix also mentioned the Sea Hurricane, and as the parts are already included in the kit, I suspect that we are probably going to see a reissue of the 1/48 Hurricane with FAA markings, much like the Tropical Hurricane reissue.

A good point! Sea Hurricane and Sea Fury? Yes please! I can feel the mojo as we speak!

Ah. Now I will be getting one of these. A different set of markings might be for the aircraft flown by Lt Cdr Godfrey Place VC in Korea after he decided he was getting a bit bored and transferred to the FAA for a spot of action...

I make that three announcements so far, two of which are FAA. One big one due next week and possibly others closer to Christmas. 

Of note no Spitfire and no jet. I had pencilled in the Sea Fury in 1/24th which may happen but unlikely this year. 

My money would go on a new tool 1/24 Spit Mk1 and a new tool 1/48  Buccaneer. The old one was fair but not unbuildable so pulling the moulds always sounded a

bit fishy. It is also a decade since it was last released.

thoughts?

Will

12 minutes ago, Scimitar F1 said:

I make that three announcements so far, two of which are FAA. One big one due next week and possibly others closer to Christmas. 

Of note no Spitfire and no jet. I had pencilled in the Sea Fury in 1/24th which may happen but unlikely this year. 

My money would go on a new tool 1/24 Spit Mk1 and a new tool 1/48  Buccaneer. The old one was fair but not unbuildable so pulling the moulds always sounded a

bit fishy. It is also a decade since it was last released.

thoughts?

Will

NO.  The effort and resources would be better put to a later version, though I think that very unlikely.

18 minutes ago, Scimitar F1 said:

thoughts?

Will

I hope to god that a new 1:24 will be a jet or at least a post-war subject, so far they have all been WWII prop-driven apart from the good old Harrier/Sea Harrier. 

Even a 1:24 inter-war would be something, Bulldog, Hind, Gladiator etc

..and lets go mad, even a helicopter!

Edited by 71chally
  • Like 1

When I clicked on the Airfix Sea Fury link I only looked at the pictures first time round and thought "nice" and started to think that Airfix were producing a large-scale Hurricane CAM ship too!  Then I read the article properly....

Never mind!:P

Dave

58 minutes ago, davecov said:

When I clicked on the Airfix Sea Fury link I only looked at the pictures first time round and thought "nice" and started to think that Airfix were producing a large-scale Hurricane CAM ship too!  Then I read the article properly....

Never mind!:P

Dave

A 1/48 MV Empire Faith, Hurricane and Fw 200 Condor dogfight triple!

:lol:

• Like 5

Wonder what the "surprise" release at Telford will be this year?

Airfix have brought us some really bold and magnificent kits over the last few years...1/24 Mosquito and Typhoon, to name but two.

I am going to speculate it is something big like a 1/24 Jaguar or a 1/24 EE Lightning!

Let's see what they reveal.

It won't be something of niche interest for sure. Given the present financial issues of the business, if they are doing something really expensive to design and tool it will have to be a genuine global seller on a large scale. If it's an aeroplane (and I bet it is) then that almost certainly means WW2 and prop, and famous enough to sell strongly in many countries.

Of course while we're all thinking about 1/24 fighters, and they've firmly ruled out 1/32 aircraft, I would not completely rule out a 1/48 biggie. That old Tamiya Lancaster has had its day...

• Like 3

17 hours ago, guillaume320 said:

I'm convinced the Sea Fury in 1/48 was announced long time ago??  I doesn't sound like news to me...   

???

That was just the endless speculation that goes on in threads like these. It doesn't do anything for me, but it seems to have made a lot of you happy.

• Like 3

New Tool 1/72 Mosquito

• Not big in terms of scale, but a big announcement for 1/72 modelers
  • Iconic
  • Potentially good seller because of its immense popularity and also there is only major competitor  - Tamiya in 1/72 - the hasegawa one is very hard to find and over priced. 

• Like 1

Again, it's a replacement kit that fits a pattern of replacements for older tools,: would undoubtedly be good long term business for them: a really likely bet some time in the next few years. But like the 1/72 P-47D that someone else suggested, surely everyone is expecting it to happen at some point. Smallish 1/72 replacement tools for traditional steady sellers don't sound to me like the kit that will cause the international ripple of surprise that they are telling us will happen.

Edited by Work In Progress

13 hours ago, k5054nz said:

....................................Which is why they've hedged their bets with the 1/24 Rotodyne :P

3 hours ago, IanC said:

A 1/48 MV Empire Faith, Hurricane and Fw 200 Condor dogfight triple!

:lol:

:bye: Nice to see I'm not the only one with a pass-out! :wicked:

Paul

• Like 2

I'm sure they will have but you must remember some people mostly use the live modelling items as the focus of BM usage

Some of us may not see it for months     ;)

Edited by perdu