1/72 CyberHobby Sea Venom FAW.21

Hi folks,

Incremental progress finally pays off. Fit wasn't that great, especially the intakes, but no doubt my fault. I ended up having to replace the intake vanes with plastic card, though they probably look more scale thickness as a result. Painted with Xtracrylic Sky and EDSG. First time I've attempted pre-shading, not come out too badly. Suez stripes were painted, rather than use the kit decals. Decals went on easily, though they have silvered in a couple of places.

Only ordnance in the kit is a pair of drop tanks. I prefer the armed and dangerous look, so I scrounged some 3" rocket projectiles from the Trumpy Wyvern kit. Thanks to venomvixen for clarification of the RP installation.

Dr Darren

IMG_3856_zpsc7117ef1.jpg

IMG_3855_zps689027dd.jpg

IMG_3853_zpsdd62e97a.jpg

IMG_3852_zps919a0fcf.jpg

IMG_3851_zps1cf24bf8.jpg

IMG_3849_zps5cfc1d94.jpg

• Like 7

Thanks guys, very kind comments. I haven't seen a Frog Sea Venom, but if it's anything like the Frog Attacker I have, this will turn out a lot better, despite a few shape/dimension issues.

Next on my incremental progress line is this, can you spot a theme??

IMG_3863_zps1d761ce3.jpg

As you can see I have a few things to fix post masking, though nothing as severe as to what happened on the Sea Venom build.

Dr Darren

That's a really lovely little Venom Darren, cracking job, & shows how well a much maligned kit can look built by a skilled modeller!

Classy model, & I'm looking forward to seeing the Seahawk finished too!

keef