Revell 1/32 Red Arrows Hawk

spfparker

Woohoo! :thumbsup: Just saw this thread 5 minutes ago. Now my first one is on reservation at the Edmonton store. £18.99 plus paint, glue and a brush? Fantastic!

Love the box too. So will little Johnny I guess. Can you imagine how many of those will sell at airshows, etc?

Just thinking now; should I buy shares in Halfords for all those black Hawks people will be building...

Phil.

Woohoo! :thumbsup: Just saw this thread 5 minutes ago. Now my first one is on reservation at the Edmonton store. £18.99 plus paint, glue and a brush? Fantastic!

Love the box too. So will little Johnny I guess. Can you imagine how many of those will sell at airshows, etc?

Just thinking now; should I buy shares in Halfords for all those black Hawks people will be building...

Phil.

Phil,

a quick question, may I assume that the black paint from Halfords is a gloss, but as I associate Halfords with cars and bikes, would anybody advise exactly what paint can I should be looking for in my local Halfords here in Ireland. They don't stock a great selection of non auto paint.

Thanks

David

Phil,

a quick question, may I assume that the black paint from Halfords is a gloss, but as I associate Halfords with cars and bikes, would anybody advise exactly what paint can I should be looking for in my local Halfords here in Ireland. They don't stock a great selection of non auto paint.

Thanks

David

That's right David. It is their regular acrylic gloss black car spray paint. It gives a great smooth finish on polystyrene.

Phil

Hi All,

Thought I'd post some piccies comparing scale sizes: apologies for not-so-good pics as taken with not-so-good camera.

48th Camo Hawk is Airfix

72nd Hawk is Airfix(old tool)

Cheers,

Mark.

Hawkcompresize.jpg

Hawkcompresize1.jpg

Just been looking at the decal options available on Hannants site and there are too many to choose from which is always dangerous as it leads to more kit purchases.

Did anyone notice that the instructions state that the Decals and Artwork in the kit were designed by Aviation Workshop / Model Alliance.

Regards,

Mark

called the wife at lunchtime for a chat ,happened to mention that argoose had them in ,did she need anything doing ,i.e shopping, housework,foot massage ,you know the drill :whistle:,so funds where granted in accordance with the usual procurement procedure :worthy: ,planned to get the kit some time over the weekend.

well,the wee trooper only went and walked straight to our nearest argos and bought me one (she has bad knee`s and has just had a cortizone injection in the shoulder ,poor wee wumin was in bits :clif: )

i picked her up from work ,only to be presented by a blue plastic back with one of them revell hawk thingies :frantic:

my wife has now been promoted to "saint" :kissing2::heart:

quick edit:popped into my local modelzone with the wife ,instantly confronted by a revell ju88 for £30 ,quick flash of the sad puppy eyes , after a swift intervention from one of the young ladies ,who also builds kits,both of us go for a flanking assault, s.w.i.m.b.o crumbles and buys me it without breaking a sweat ,did i mention how great my wife is!! :worthy:

Edited by buccy mad

Hi All,

Thought I'd post some piccies comparing scale sizes: apologies for not-so-good pics as taken with not-so-good camera.

48th Camo Hawk is Airfix

72nd Hawk is Airfix(old tool)

Cheers,

Mark.

Neat comparison pics Mark. If you'd arranged the first one the other way round it would have made for a great forced perspective shot. Love the finish on your cammo BTW. :speak_cool:
called the wife at lunchtime for a chat ,happened to mention that argoose had them in ,did she need anything doing ,i.e shopping, housework,foot massage ,you know the drill :whistle:,so funds where granted in accordance with the usual procurement procedure :worthy: ,planned to get the kit some time over the weekend.

well,the wee trooper only went and walked straight to our nearest argos and bought me one (she has bad knee`s and has just had a cortizone injection in the shoulder ,poor wee wumin was in bits :clif: )

i picked her up from work ,only to be presented by a blue plastic back with one of them revell hawk thingies :frantic:

my wife has now been promoted to "saint" :kissing2::heart:

She's a keeper buccy :thumbsup2:

I've just got back from Argos with the last kit in the shop!

What a fabulous kit this is and such good value!

Fantastic!!!

All that red plastic though is extremely hard on the eyes though!!!

Off to the big "H" now for some alternative markings...

Wez

Just got a text alert from Argos to say my ordered kit is already in and I can collect it today! It wasn't supposed to be available from them until Monday... Looks like a trip to town is called for this afternoon, also see if my local Modelzone has had any Airfix Spit XIIs delivered yet!

Don't do Hawk's (sorry!) but if anyone in South Yorkshire needs one (!), they have one left in Argos Extra, Barnsley Peel Retail Park.

Dave

I don't do Hawks usually........ in fact, those of you that know me know I don't do anything that is 'bunsen powered'...................... however............ just got back from Nottingham and I've got the Hawk I reserved yesterday and it looks fantastic and great value for money!!!!

Just got back in a quick trip to town for my Hawk.

Nice kit and the decals are very nice and thin, just a small question which may sound a little silly- Are there 14 aircraft assigned to the team?, are there allways a few in maintenance as the most I've ever seen in one hit are 11 aircraft?

Shaun.

Edited by Shaun

Nice kit and the decals are very nice and thin, just a small question which may sound a little silly- Are there 14 aircraft assigned to the team?, are there allways a few in maintenance as the most I've ever seen in one hit are 11 aircraft?

Shaun.

No, but they do rotate aircraft into and out of the team so I guess that there will easily have been 14 different airframes on the team during the last 30 odd years.

Peter

Shaun.

They have, IIRC, 13 aircraft in total

ordered three of the new decal sheets this morning from Hannants (collindale) will,pick them up at Milton Keynes next week.

accoprding to the guys when I spoke to them , they are expecting to have some for next weeks show, so order now and get 10% discount.

note - its the london shop you need to phone

Rogerd

Sorry, don't know about Humbrol, but Xtracolor (Hannants) do a Red Arrows Red in their range of enamels. It's X014 here.

I hope that helps! If not Humbrol's Post Office Red, lightened slightly and brightened with a touch of Orange might just about get you there...

Edited by Busdriver