Spitfire Mk XIX Airfix - one day build

Hi chaps,

on Saturday we had a 'plastic session' with my club fellows and the aim was to build a kit in a day. Due to various circumstances (drinks, girls etc) nobody eventually succeeded, but I was able to finish the kit on the next day, so here is the result. The total net building time was about 10 hours.

Cheers

Libor

01.jpg

02.jpg

03.jpg

04.jpg

05.jpg

06.jpg

IMG_0332_up.jpg

IMG_0353_up.jpg

One day :gobsmacked: Time for a new hobby. I'm just getting my :coat:

Ross

I feel like that sometimes when I see the standard of the builds here. Mind you Ross, having seen your work, I don't think you'll be getting your coat just yet!

Really, really good build - to do it in a bit over a day makes it all the better. Every bit as good as everything else you've posted here.

Jeff

It's a really nice kit.

You've done a really good job on it there.

Clean the oil stains off from underneath though.

It was pointed out to me when I did mine(it's on here somewhere) that they didn't leak oil from the usual Spit place under the engine.

The PR.XIX had a system of vents and tubes that exited beneath the starboard wing root

so that the camera lenses were kept clean.

Well done.

Mark

I feel like that sometimes when I see the standard of the builds here. Mind you Ross, having seen your work, I don't think you'll be getting your coat just yet!

Thank you but considering glaciers move quicker than my build times this is still a superb build.

Ross

Great work! Excellent result for any timescale, just amazing for a speed build...

i thought only us brits were opsessed with spits

Not by any means...I'm Canadian and rather Spitfire-obsessed myself. I think it's probably tied with the Mustang as my favorite aircraft of all time, though it's hard to call and there are a few other strong candidates for that distinction.