A couple of US Navy F-4 Phantoms

Lots of good info here as well as 2 very fine F4's!!! I like your packaging job as well using toothpicks to stabilize the airframes. Very well done all around.

Cheers....Rich

• Like 1

Well, they both turned out very nice. I like this subtle weathering. Two little gems!! You can be proud and the new owner too!

Cheers

Andy 

• Like 1

You confirmed me again in that the F-4 was the greatest jet fighter ever! Two very worthy examples!

• Like 1

Nice Job, Richard!

Shame that Tamiya did not scale down their 48th scale F-4B kit. The Hasegawa Phantoms (right now) are the best F-4Bs out there, but they're definitely over engineered which really becomes a buzzkill in the assembly process.....

-d-

• Like 1

2 hours ago, David H said:

Nice Job, Richard!

Shame that Tamiya did not scale down their 48th scale F-4B kit. The Hasegawa Phantoms (right now) are the best F-4Bs out there, but they're definitely over engineered which really becomes a buzzkill in the assembly process.....

-d-

You're right. David. Hasegawa's F-4Bs are not a quick build by any stretch. A small example - instead of providing stabilators with and without the triangular strengthening plate (I think that was what it was), the builder is required to scrape off the triangle, being super careful to achieve a smooth surface and then rescribe the missing panel lines. What should be a 10 second clean up of a part ends up taking an hour!

1 hour ago, spruecutter said:

You're right. David. Hasegawa's F-4Bs are not a quick build by any stretch. A small example - instead of providing stabilators with and without the triangular strengthening plate (I think that was what it was), the builder is required to scrape off the triangle, being super careful to achieve a smooth surface and then rescribe the missing panel lines. What should be a 10 second clean up of a part ends up taking an hour!

i have a nearly completed Hasegawa Marine Corps F-4B on my Shelf of Doom. Nothing went wrong per se, but the last steps towards getting it over the wire are like pulling teeth.....