Dornier Do 335 A-1 -Revell 1/72

Hi all! Here is my latest production, it is actually a very old kit from the 1990s. The Dragon kit of the Dornier Do 335 has been revived several times in recent years: by Revell and lately by Hobby 2000 but the kit is always the same. A kit with a very fine detail and well made but with a quite complicated construction. The Revell kit also has unclear instructions and horrible decals! As always i used a set of mask and a PE sheet from Eduard and Gunze Mr Hobby Colors.

Hope you'll like it!

temp-Image9cdb-VJ.jpg 

temp-Image9-VErag.jpg

temp-Image-BWEj72.jpg

temp-Imagetf-KI50.jpg

temp-Imagez-Hecz-E.jpg

temp-Image-Zd4b-MT.jpg

temp-Imagewlh-Rw-G.jpg

temp-Imageztwvvy.jpg

Edited by Pier Grizi
  • Like 67
  • Thanks 1

Great result, my Dragon original has been slowly moving to the finish line in true slow fashion, having been started in sometime last century.! The original decals weren’t that great either! I can only hope mine turns out as well as yours. 

• Thanks 1

Great job! I like everything, painting, weathering, something I would like to achieve if I was to make one of this beasts. Especially like how you've blended darker cammo to be so prominent  but also to have hue of lighter cammo color. I do not know if it make sense? 😀  I am considering going to  Hobby Boss variant, to escape some of construction shortcomings of this kit. 

• Thanks 1

Thanks Lanmi. I’ve used here the black basing technique : a first coat of black overall then a fine texture of light color over black trying to follow the panels lines.  Finally a very soft spray of well diluted color (in this case RLM 81 and 82 from Gunze Mr Hobby Color) in multiple layers until you reach the desired result. Try search on Youtube “black basing“, you’ll find lot of tutorials!

Nice one @Pier Grizi, this has come up wonderfully well, especially given the kits reputation. I had this but moved it on after the Hobby Boss one came out. @Lanmi, be aware that the Hobby Boss kit has some flaws, the front prop is centred rather than being offset & the rear prop has an/some blade the wrong way around. Freightdog has a correction for this which I have:)

Steve.

• Thanks 1