Eduard Outlook 2024

ABeck

48 minutes ago, Stephen said:

I'm really looking forward to the 1/48 P-51B/C , both canopy options, tail with fillet and without. That one could run and run.

Me too, and really looking forward to the 199, am I missing something but is the E-day special only in Czech, no English like on the other newsletters.

2 hours ago, Ali62 said:

Me too, and really looking forward to the 199, am I missing something but is the E-day special only in Czech, no English like on the other newsletters.

Hi,

Most newsletters appear in Czech first also, with the English translation a bit later. Most often the next day, sometimes a few days later.

Cheers, Stefan.

• Thanks 1

Long story short:

█ Continuation

1/72 Messerschmitt Bf 109G Family

• 2024-01 - Gustav Pt.1 - Bf 109G-5 + Bf 109G-6 Early
  • 2024-xx - Gustav Pt.2 - Bf 109G-6 Late [high rudder and Erla type cockpit] + Bf 109 G-14
  • 2024-xx - Gustav Pt.3 - Bf 109G-6/AS + Bf 109G-14/AS
  • 2024-xx - Gustav Pt.4 - Bf 109G-10 of various versions

The above kits are limited editions, in addition to which ProfiPack models will be issued separately with slight delay.

1/48 North American P-51B/C

We are already working on the moulds for the P-51B and C Mustang in 1/48 scale. The kit is is a conversion of the P-51D, but it is a very extensive conversion. In its final form, the new P-51B will share with its predecessor P-51D with only one frame with additional tanks and armament.

1/48 MiG-21F-13

The MiG-21F-13 is also based on older MiG-21 kit designs, and in this case the original kit has been completely redesigned from the ground up. This is the third generation of our MiG-21s, and this kit will feature interesting design and technology solutions. Its release is expected in late 2024, ideally premiering at E-Day 2024.

█ Projects on hold

1/48 Avia S-199 & L-13 Blanik

Due to the current economic situation, coupled with a significant drop in sales, we will postpone the implementation of some upcoming projects to at a later date and give priority to more economically efficient titles. One of such projects is S-199 in 1/48 scale. And so is the upcoming Blaník, also in 1/48th scale.

█ New priority projects

1/48  Curtiss P-40 Family

On the other hand, we will accelerate the projects from which are expected to generate high sales. Such is the 1/48th scale P-40 series, ...which we are working on intensively. And it's so intensively that we expect to complete the design work in the first quarter of next year, with the introduction of the first version, the P-40E, in time for the introduction the second half of 2024. work, for example, we are using scanned data that will be applied to the P-40 project to a large extent. by studying and scanning three specimens P-40 of different versions.

Note: As previously reported by Eduard, the P-40 family is based on a Special Hobby design, so data from scans of the original aircraft may modify what we have seen in 1/72 scale.

1/48  Junkers Ju 87 Family

Eduard will release a Stuka. As has been the recent custom, the subject of the project will be the entire Ju 87 development line. The only thing so far is whether the Ju 87A will be part of the project. We'll start construction as soon as the P-40 is completed.
We have scanned two stukas, a Ju 87D at Hendon and a Ju 87B wreck in Berlin. Our scanned data will also be used to reconstruct the real Stuka version Ju 87B, which is being refurbished for an American owner in the Czech Republic and Hungary.

Edited by Piotr Mikolajski
Typo
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 6

17 minutes ago, Piotr Mikolajski said:

█ Projects on hold

1/48 Avia S-199 & L-13 Blanik

Due to the current economic situation, coupled with a significant drop in sales, we will postpone the implementation of some upcoming projects to at a later date and give priority to more economically efficient titles. One of such projects is S-199 in 1/48 scale. And so is the upcoming Blaník, also in 1/48th scale.

:(

I was looking forward to the Blaník. It would be nice to have some more glider kits around, even more so if it's a nice one by Eduard! 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Adam Poultney said:

:(

I was looking forward to the Blaník. It would be nice to have some more glider kits around, even more so if it's a nice one by Eduard! 

Well, this is the reality of the modelling industry, which Eduard has reported on many times before, and which so many people refuse to acknowledge. Quite a few projects are barely profitable or completely unprofitable from the manufacturer's point of view, and yet many modellers are still offended when they propose a little-known subject and hear in response that companies making medium and long-run models won't do it.

If I remember correctly, Blanik was designed as part of some kind of technological experiment / test. If this is indeed the case, sooner or later Eduard will release it.

Edited for clarity
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, Piotr Mikolajski said:

Well, this is the reality of the modelling industry, which Eduard has reported on many times before, and which so many people refuse to acknowledge. Quite a few projects are unprofitable or outright unprofitable, and yet many modellers are still offended when they propose a little-known subject and hear in response that companies making medium and long-run models won't do it.

If I remember correctly, Blanik was designed as part of some kind of technological experiment / test. If this is indeed the case, sooner or later Eduard will release it.

Absolutely right to be fair a Blaník probably isn't the best seller! 

If i was going to tool up a glider kit it wouldn't be a Blaník if I was after sales. They're well on their way out. Only one airworthy in the UK these days AFAIK, and a diminishing presence elsewhere in the world - spar issues in the past few years don't seem to have helped either. The L-23 which is a later development is doing a bit better I think but I've not come across one while I've been Gliding. 

I'd do an ASK21 (already covered by Revell in 1/32) or Grob Twin II (Viking if it's got roundels) which are far more common as training gliders now. More of the "hey I've flown that!" appeal.

2 minutes ago, Adam Poultney said:

Absolutely right to be fair a Blaník probably isn't the best seller!

Yes, sales would not be high. For such tests, Eduard chooses Czech / Czechoslovak constructions because they will deliver something new to the home market when testing.

Misclick
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Marlin said:

A MiG-21F-13 :analintruder:

Great news to me, I'll take a bunch of them please. :D

/Bosse

Thread is here: https://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/235054536-148-mikoyan-gurevich-mig-21f-13-fishbed-c-mig-21uusum-mongol-b-by-eduard-mig-21f-13-3d-renderssprues-design-release-in-2024/

V.P.

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, 352nd Fighter Group said:

It cant be the Stuka because Mr  Sulc said  its already a kit thay have done in 1/48 and thay are doing it in 1/72  my guess in Tempest V Tempest MK.II or P-51 

A link? A reference ?

I've never heard of a Eduard's Ju-87 Stuka project - whatever the scale - before the above announcement.

V.P.

Again and again and again I try to turn my interest to Spitfires, Mustangs and Messerschmitts like a good modeler should - but, to no avail! My modeling life could be so easy, happy, happy, happy: Every year another new kit of my favourite subjects: Spitfires, Mustangs, Messerschmitts! But, no, no, no, I am interested in such bloody niche-subjects… 😡 

• Haha 1