Jump to content

Recommended Posts

On 06/08/2023 at 14:13, JeroenS said:

Very nice paintwork Johnny!

Thank you kind sir.

On 06/08/2023 at 19:54, John Masters said:

Superb looking decay Johnny. Top notch! Good to see you here in the trenches!

Thanks. I like it here, its nice.

On 06/08/2023 at 22:29, 81-er said:

Nice progress there, Johnny :)

James

Thanks dude. Its great fun. Do you have plans for a build this GB my good man?

On 07/08/2023 at 15:39, giemme said:

Wow, amazing job Johnny! :worthy:

But what the heck is that last thing you bought? :confused::D

Ciao

Ha!! Looks odd eh. Its the nerdiest thing I think I ever bought. Second hand on eBay. Its a Negative ion static grass applicator. Honestly. And Im a little bit excited to se how it works. And thanks G.

On 07/08/2023 at 17:39, Marklo said:

Looking good. Im still waiting on my negative ion generator.

For extreme rust I understand rice crispies are good.

I think this one is meant to be good. A LOT bigger than I thought. We shall see.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hey! Hope youre all doing well.

Some more on the jeep.

The grill got painted and glued.

53103576898_9ecbd21296_b.jpg 53103483370_c3657e6ca7_b.jpg

Just noticed a spot of paint smudged by the left indicator. Ill need to fix that.

The rest of the bits got cleaned and primed.

53103483385_25e1c69b16_b.jpg

Then I attempted to glue the chassis on which believe it or not was more of a PITA than I imagined.

I had to rocket glue it in place as the one locating point was really badly fitting.

53103271544_b94be3915a_b.jpg

Now heres a thing. Even though the bonnet will be under water I wasnt happy with the lack of engine.

53103071706_7055d30c42_b.jpg

do I had an experiment with filling the void. Sponge!!

53103071476_0406cabf8f_b.jpg

That worked pretty well but it just niggles me. So I added some scrap bits to make it more of something.

53103071716_7027ab5b8d_b.jpg

Then primed it and it looks terrible. So I put some tape to smooth it色 Then figured why am I cutting corners and build the ruddy thing out of plasticard.

53103483405_5bcae5b31d_b.jpg

Looks nothing like an engine I know but in the dark and under water itll be fine.

53102506257_7a79b36b60_b.jpg

And in the void.

53103483400_266c214046_b.jpg

See there it is.

53103071536_030505902d_b.jpg

So on the train to the city this morning I saw this.

53103071366_089ac6d5da_b.jpg

That got me thinking. So I did some searching.

Maybe a bit too much?

53103071311_bfffdfb769_b.jpg

But maybe this?

53102506402_f413a850c1_b.jpg

Hmmmm food for thought. Some graffiti might be nice? Might even do a crappy SAS logo with Who dears wins on it.

Just before finishing I preshaded the bits and bobs.

53103271319_e71147d4b6_b.jpg

Thats your lot.
Thanks for popping in. All comments welcomed.

Happy modelling chums.

Johnny

  • Like 21
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Nice update Johnny.

I think you have done the right thing with the engine. It could have ended up that every time you look at the finished model that you think, I wish I had done the engine. A lot of the time with AFVs and aircraft we spend ages doing stuff to the interior that will never be seen, but at least we know it is there, which is better than wishing it was there, if that makes sense.

Like the idea of the graffiti, but no idea how you would do that in 1/35.

George

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

More great progress here, Johnny :)You can get graffiti decals, like these(other sizes andscales available). Maybe not those, but some of the other large-ish 1/76 designs might be about the size you want for 1/35.

I'm not joining in with this GB, I'm still battling the Dalek and I have the B-17 GB and the desert GB I want to do

James

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, Geo1966 said:

Nice update Johnny.

I think you have done the right thing with the engine. It could have ended up that every time you look at the finished model that you think, I wish I had done the engine. A lot of the time with AFVs and aircraft we spend ages doing stuff to the interior that will never be seen, but at least we know it is there, which is better than wishing it was there, if that makes sense.

Like the idea of the graffiti, but no idea how you would do that in 1/35.

George

Yes I know what you mean. And theres no way I could have got it out of the drink again. Well know eh. Id planned on stencils but its just an idea atm.

5 hours ago, 81-er said:

More great progress here, Johnny :)You can get graffiti decals, like these(other sizes andscales available). Maybe not those, but some of the other large-ish 1/76 designs might be about the size you want for 1/35.

I'm not joining in with this GB, I'm still battling the Dalek and I have the B-17 GB and the desert GB I want to do

James

Thanks. Oooh thanks for the link. That might be a thing I will do.

No worries about the GB you do seem to have your hands kinda full.

Johnny

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

You're a volcano of ideas, Johnny - and luckily, you know how to turn these ideas into real things! I love that fake engine, but I love even more the idea of the graffiti! :worthy: :clap:

Ciao

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Going nicely Jont and right decision on the engine.

Interesting thread too - well out of my aircraft comfort zone.

Rice Krispies? Who knew

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Mate ur rusting is outstanding , I wish I could reach that level , love the chassis.

Would be really keen to hear what you think of aks crusty rust and whether it's worth it.

I feel like I have just about every rust product known to moddlers nut would be curious to see if you think its worth it.

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 09/08/2023 at 16:09, giemme said:

You're a volcano of ideas, Johnny - and luckily, you know how to turn these ideas into real things! I love that fake engine, but I love even more the idea of the graffiti! :worthy: :clap:

Ciao

Thank Giorgio. Far too kind of you.

On 09/08/2023 at 17:59, Trevor L said:

A new invention - the Spadgent Spongine!

On 10/08/2023 at 11:58, CedB said:

Going nicely Jont and right decision on the engine.

Interesting thread too - well out of my aircraft comfort zone.

Rice Krispies? Who knew

I know right. I only have fruit and fibre.

On 10/08/2023 at 12:15, Muchmirth said:

Love this so far plus the graffiti would be terrific with who dears wins along the side of it. A bit banksy style.
Paul

Thanks me mon.

On 11/08/2023 at 03:31, marvinneko said:

Yes. :D

On 13/08/2023 at 04:22, opus999 said:

+1 :D

On 15/08/2023 at 07:32, Mark Cassidy said:

Mate ur rusting is outstanding , I wish I could reach that level , love the chassis.

Would be really keen to hear what you think of aks crusty rust and whether it's worth it.

I feel like I have just about every rust product known to moddlers nut would be curious to see if you think its worth it.

Ha! Thank you. Far too kind. As for the AK its not quite what I expected. It says crust and rust and in all honesty its not really crusty. I thought you would have more texture but they are more of a thin paint /wash. That being said you can get some lovely results so for 瞿12 well worth it for the three.

On 16/08/2023 at 07:58, Keeff said:

Just caught up ..... fantastic work, and those rust effects are superb!

Keith

Thanks Kieth.

Thankyou for the lovely comments and apologies for the radio silence on BM. I had a Stag night is Amsterdam last weekend and (I know how it sounds) aaand I somehow contracted Nora virus. So for the last few day Ive been a hot mess. Just feeling better so thought Id update. Hopefully some bench time soon.

Hope youre all having a splendid modelling time.

Johnny Gutz.

  • Like 5
  • Sad 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hi Johnny, just having a look around the various wrecks that are in the process, hunting for ideas..... This is an excellent level of dilapidation!

It's a real mind-bending theme for modellers to get their heads around, isn't it??

Hope you're well on the way to recovery

Must admit, I thought @Marklowas ordering up the parts for a "Back to the Future" deLorean build. I think I'm in the picture now. It's a Van de Graf seive thing......

  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, rob Lyttle said:

It's a Van de Graf seive thing......

afaik it generates a high voltage low amperage current which used as a circuit makes the static grass stand to attention.


That said Im sure I could get a used Delores cheap if it doesnt work.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

AK interactive Rust And Crust:- Ah ok mate I see , I have Vallejos Enviromental Rust and its acrylic based but sounds the same , not a lot of texture in it,

BTW how the hell do you do chipping like that? Mines seems I dunno just wrong, I never seem to get a good finish, it always ends up looking like its blistered rather than smooth like yours .

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

You got to admit though, these kids are good at what they do....!!

53103071366_089ac6d5da_b.jpg

Do you think they practice and develop the graphics on paper first??

I know these aren't Banksy grade material but they're competently done and very visually appealing.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...