Jump to content

As a result of the close-down of the UK by the British Government last night, we have made all the Buy/Sell areas read-only until we open back up again, so please have a look at the announcement linked here.

This site uses cookies! Learn More

This site uses cookies!

You can find a list of those cookies here: mysite.com/cookies

By continuing to use this site, you agree to allow us to store cookies on your computer. :)


  • Content Count

  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won


opus999 last won the day on October 24 2019

opus999 had the most liked content!

Community Reputation

2,357 Excellent

About opus999

  • Rank
    Very Obsessed Member

Profile Information

  • Gender
  • Location
    Richland, WA. USA

Recent Profile Visitors

2,091 profile views
  1. These are some good photos. I found them before, but these are bigger and clearer so thank you! They give me an good idea that perhaps, like @Vesa Jussila said, the Eduard instructions are a good starting point. Thanks guys for the help!
  2. Quick question about the mottling pattern on Leino's machine... if anyone knows... I've only been able to find one picture of it and there was so much soot on the side that I can't see the mottling: The link provided by @Troy Smith showed Erla machines with large mottle spots, in four colors. Eduard's instructions on the other hand show a pattern kind of like the WNF, but a little more intricate: I suppose it might look like that toward the tail in the black and white photo... maybe over the exhaust... but it's hard to say. Frankly I don't think I have a hope of creating the intricate mottling pattern in the Eduard instructions in 1/72... but I'm willing to try. I just want to try to be authentic. Does anyone have any insight? @Kari Lumppio @Antti_K @Vesa Jussila ? Thanks for your kind help so far.
  3. ....and, Done! Found some on ebay. I tried to make my own and just don't have the patience right now.
  4. According to Eduard's facebook post (https://www.facebook.com/EduardCompany/posts/1888982511116687) Hartmann's White 1 was a WNF machine.
  5. Too bad Hasegawa didn't get it right in their instructions. But... Eduard did! I haven't done a lot of looking yet, but does anyone know what factory Erich Hartmann's G-14 "White 1" was manufactured at? Eduard's instructions shows a pattern that is "mostly" like WNF. All the models I've seen made of it are not dog-toothed.
  6. Wow!! no kidding! I've never seen that before. Although I only have about 8-10 books about the Luftwaffe in general. Well... That's going to be a challenge. Thanks for the info!
  7. I just found the WNr myself, but was unable to find the factory yet... so Thank you! Thank you for looking anyway! I appreciate it. So, is it correct that the "Dogtooth" pattern at http://theprofilepaintshop.blogspot.com/2013/10/chosing-correct-wingpattern-for-bf109g-6.html indicates a soft edge? That seems to make sense to me.
  8. Wow! Great resource! I wonder why I can never turn these things up when I use a search engine? The Erla pattern is what is in the Eduard instructions. The original post says the Erla-built a/c carry the sawtooth pattern, however, one of the commenters says that the "sawtooth" was found on the layout drawings to indicate a soft and irregular demarcation between colors. This might help explain why I've never seen that pattern in any photo before. Do you know if it is true that the sawtooth means "soft edge"? At any rate, thanks for the help and I will do a little more scouring my self!
  9. Hello! I'm working on Hemmo Leino's Bf-109G-6 from June 1944 (MT-423) from Hasegawa's Finnish Messerschmitt combo. The instructions are black and white, and I can't quite tell what paint pattern there is. Did Leino's 109 have a soft-edged splinter camouflage on the wings? Using a ruler on the instructions, the lines look straight, but looking at painting instructions for other a/c in his unit in summer of '44 show a combination of soft-edged splinter and soft-edged "free hand" camo. I downloaded Eduard's instruction sheet for their 109 kit with Leino's plane in it and it shows a super-intricate pattern on the wings that I haven't seen before on any German or Finnish plane. It was basically the same pattern as I see on the Hasegawa instructions, but instead of straight lines they show very tight wavy lines, almost like a digital camouflage. It makes me wonder if it was their way of trying to show it was supposed to be feathered or "soft edged"? I haven't found any decent pictures of the top of his plane either in real life or in model form, so no help there. I hope someone might know! Thanks!
  10. Thanks! This was the first time I've seen those gun pods on the bottom... I thought they were fascinating.
  11. Thank you! Without a doubt! I thought that more than once while I was making this. I even experimented with putting a faint tile pattern to match the one on my bigger AMT K'tinga... very faint, kind of like the Aztek paneling on Federation starships. Couldn't get the look I was going for so I abandoned it.
  12. Like you I have this kit because of childhood memories. Mine are of my dad's 1/32 Ju-87 in his stash... that box art! Fantastic job... looks terrific!
  13. Nice collection! I've got a couple of my first kits too.... look just about the same
  • Create New...