What's your latest acquisition? MkVIII

Procopius

20230913_170957

I had these goodies arrive today for the 1/24 Typhoon kit ....

Resin guns

Weighted tyres

Yahu instrument panel

Better put them in the box with all the other stuff!!  😁

• Like 5

Just got my hands on the new Hobby Boss 1/35 Gaz AAA with quad Maxim , via a Jadlam pre-order. Looks like a nice kit, has a bit of etch and paint masks. The only thing I can see is missing is the gun sight (even though it is shown on the box art!). However I'm sure there will be a aftermarket set to sort this soon. Just need to get the bench clear first now.

Andy

• Like 2

How do chaps,

Recently landed some more Blandford uniform books. The American Revolution is a replacement for the one i got a few weeks back. Noticed it was missing a number of colour plates and the seller sent me another copy and let me keep the original one 👍 The Russian uniform book is an ex library copy hence the crinkly plastic covered dust jacket! 

p?i=f62c221c19fa6b1c50e3929626e4bf58

Regards,

Steve

• Like 8

38 minutes ago, fatfingers said:

Had my eye on that for a while. Whats on the 2nd disk? 

Regards,

Steve

Docu's about about making the film..

Shooting the Annihilation.

Auditioning for the Apocalypse.

Destruction Designer.

Stephen Thrower on Threads.

Haven't had a chance to see the 2nd disc yet but it's one of those films you need to get the whole set to compare them although they're completely different if that makes sense...

The Day After.

Hiroshima: Out of the Ashes..

When the Wind Blows.

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, Vince1159 said:

Docu's about about making the film..

Shooting the Annihilation.

Auditioning for the Apocalypse.

Destruction Designer.

Stephen Thrower on Threads.

Haven't had a chance to see the 2nd disc yet but it's one of those films you need to get the whole set to compare them although they're completely different if that makes sense...

The Day After.

Hiroshima: Out of the Ashes..

When the Wind Blows.

Thanks Vince.

Don't forget to add The War Game to the collection.

Regards,

Steve

• Thanks 1

I was at a modelshow last weekend and ended up buying 2 old LS 1/72 Ki-46! :thumbsup:

Turns out it was my own two that I sold off years ago long with vacformed canopies and etchings - which were still in the boxes! :clap2:

Some kits are somehow destined to stay unbuilt - but not these two! - not today! :viking:

Cheers :bye:

Hans J

• Like 2
  • Haha 11

Anti-acquisition Department:

Just about my entire stash is headed for the vendor's table at our local show on Sunday. Way too much stuff. Plus, I need some help to pay off the Hawaii trip.    :drunk:

Cheers,

Bill

I found a couple of the old Superbase series in a charity shop recently and have been picking up a few more on ebay.

t98pQB7.jpg

If you're into the 80s Cold War era then they're great mojo fuel (pretty much like most of Osprey's titles).

• Like 6

From Amazon

Chinook Illustrated book , by Lou Drendel , published by Amazon as the latest release in the Aviation Art, Inc. series , usual format -well illustrated mainly in colour with many detail shots, some technical manual drawings and a couple of the author's original artworks , one rather odd image has part of a distant Special Ops MH-47E in the background somewhere in 'the back country of Afghanistan' and is said to portray 'ground crew checking the security of the camp perimeter' in the foreground - standing , feet apart , hands in front of them at waist height slightly bent forward over a line of angled plastic draining pipes sticking out of the ground.

23 hours ago, fatfingers said:

How do chaps,

Recently landed some more Blandford uniform books. The American Revolution is a replacement for the one i got a few weeks back. Noticed it was missing a number of colour plates and the seller sent me another copy and let me keep the original one 👍 The Russian uniform book is an ex library copy hence the crinkly plastic covered dust jacket! 

p?i=f62c221c19fa6b1c50e3929626e4bf58

Regards,

Steve

Blandford did some nice stuff back in the day, and covered a wide range of topicesc. I had the Aircraft in colour series, which I now wish I hadn't got rid of, even if some were a bit dodgy. 

• Like 1

A trip to the Keighley Model Show netted a SH Kittyhawk IV, and a Whirlykits Short SC1. I also bought the Whirlykits Puma HC1 update set and some paintbrushes. It also looks like Whirlykits are coming back under a different name. 

• Like 1

Couple more humbrol paints arrived and realised I’ve now more paint than can fit on my 17ml paint rack, probably should invest in another one, though there is room on my other one that’s not designed for such bottles so can wait. 

Edited by PhantomBigStu
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, fatfingers said:

Doh! Totally forgot that was today 🤦‍♂️

Regards,

Steve

Hi Steve, missed a good cosy show, not that is comfort. Not sure I would get there as we have been on holiday and did a lot of driving. Mrs T is taking to this retirement lark.

Regards Martin

• Like 1

Birthday today so I was allowed to open a big box that’s been sitting on the kitchen table for a week. It contained a Special Hobby/ Azur 1/48 Super Mystere B2 which I was expecting and am looking forward to building ( or at least starting ) soon. Another box was produced which contained a compressor, which I was not expecting but am very grateful for as my old one is fading fast.

John

• Like 11