I feel deserted GB chat

Dansk

On 6/13/2022 at 9:26 AM, Mjwomack said:

Although you will be eligible for the Prototypes, Racers, Research, Special Schemes MegaGB that kicks off 24th September with those ;)

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, Col. said:

Although you will be eligible for the Prototypes, Racers, Research, Special Schemes MegaGB that kicks off 24th September with those ;)

My credit card provider thanks you!

• Haha 3

On 6/18/2022 at 2:21 PM, Torbjorn said:

Never said no to desert! 

i'm expecting a 'viennetta' camo wrap from you then torbjorn if i'm decyphering your response correctly 🙃

• Haha 3

3 hours ago, Dansk said:

i'm expecting a 'viennetta' camo wrap from you then torbjorn if i'm decyphering your response correctly 🙃

I’m considering something more like a tiramisu, seen from the top.

• Haha 4

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 7/13/2022 at 11:00 PM, Roland Pulfrew said:

How did I miss this proposal?!!? I’m in. I’ve got a  desertised Challenger 2, a desert Beaufighter, an Omani Hawk, a Syrian Spitfire and an Iraqi Fury in the stash to my certain knowledge. Decisions, decisions.

Excellent!

Some very nice choices on your list, any of them would look great in the GB.

🇺🇦

On 7/16/2022 at 1:04 PM, Luke1199 said:

Count me in, there's a striking desert scheme used on the PLAAFs aggressor Su-30's I wouldn't mind having a go at

120909070fa.jpg

An excellent and very appropriate choice Luke.👍

On 7/16/2022 at 5:38 PM, Chrisj2003 said:

is that enough to get in the bunfight? Really like this as a GB.

Unfortunately I think we are still one short Chris, by my calculations we are at 29, though I am very happy to be proven wrong!

🇺🇦

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Mottlemaster said:

Please may i put my name om the list .

Cheers

Alistair

You most certainly can Alistair!

And with that I believe we have reached the magic number of 30!!

So if Paul @Dansk and Enzo @Enzo Matrix would like to check the numbers I believe we have enough support to go into the Bunfight in November so if thats right all we need to do now is to remember to vote for it when the time comes.

🇺🇦

• Like 3

• Dansk changed the title to I feel deserted GB. We made it! - Bunfight bound.
22 hours ago, modelling minion said:

Good to have you back Paul, hope you had a good holiday mate.👍

🇺🇦

Thanks mate. although 'holiday' is a contradictory term for my juggling experience with 4 kids. 

attempting to tan oneself even can be challenging - but its lovely too 😊 

52230141269_b5452d54f3_h.jpg

• Like 6
  • Haha 2

• 2 weeks later...

Would desert scheme include aircraft that were finished to potentially operate in desert areas, even if they never went there? 

I am thinking 46 Sqn Andovers here. I have the RugRat kit.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Mr T said:

Would desert scheme include aircraft that were finished to potentially operate in desert areas, even if they never went there? 

I am thinking 46 Sqn Andovers here. I have the RugRat kit.

Absolutely, the idea of the GB is celebrate the desert schemes so even if the aircraft wasn't actually based in a desert environment as long as it is painted in desert colours then it is fine. Kind of the opposite of discussions we had earlier where aircraft that were used in desert environments were not allowed because they did not/do not have desert camouflage schemes, in this Gb it is definitely the colours that are the most important factor.

🇺🇦

• Thanks 1

On 8/3/2022 at 1:31 PM, modelling minion said:

Absolutely, the idea of the GB is celebrate the desert schemes so even if the aircraft wasn't actually based in a desert environment as long as it is painted in desert colours then it is fine. Kind of the opposite of discussions we had earlier where aircraft that were used in desert environments were not allowed because they did not/do not have desert camouflage schemes, in this Gb it is definitely the colours that are the most important factor.

🇺🇦

On that basis I probably have an Abrams, Challenger and T-72 so I'm in. Two or three other possibilities depending on how the bunfight goes as there is quite a bit of overlapping as it were!

Pete

Edited by PeterB
  • Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, PeterB said:

On that basis I probably have an Abrams, Challenger and T-72 so I'm in. Two or three other possibilities depending on how the bunfight goes as there is quite a bit of overlapping as it were!

Pete

Always a pleasure to have you in a GB Pete, especially with some armour.

Though be careful not to lean over your T-72 if you decide to build it, it might be very accurate and have one of those turrets thats prone to flying up in the air at a moments notice, could take your eye out!😁

🇺🇦

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

30 minutes ago, modelling minion said:

Though be careful not to lean over your T-72 if you decide to build it, it might be very accurate and have one of those turrets thats prone to flying up in the air at a moments notice, could take your eye out!😁

🇺🇦

Poppa Putin had a tank and its turret blew off  …

• Haha 2

52 minutes ago, modelling minion said:

🇺🇦

Funny you should say that - I was thinking along those lines for the "Entropy" GB if it goes through, but with a T-59! Of course that would require some interior detail - we will see. Bit like my old Monogram F-105 with working ejector seat maybe.

Pete

Edited by PeterB
  • Like 2