Jump to content
This site uses cookies! Learn More

This site uses cookies!

You can find a list of those cookies here: mysite.com/cookies

By continuing to use this site, you agree to allow us to store cookies on your computer. :)

Mottlemaster

Gold Member
  • Content Count

    1,817
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Community Reputation

2,484 Excellent

About Mottlemaster

  • Rank
    Very Obsessed Member
  • Birthday 09/17/1960

Contact Methods

  • Website URL
    http://www.littleshopofhorrors.co.uk
  • ICQ
    0

Profile Information

  • Gender
    Male
  • Location
    Devon

Recent Profile Visitors

2,817 profile views
  1. I have been plugging away at tAires resin cockpit for over a week now . The depth of detail is fantastic and for an aircraft like the Ju 87 i think its money well spent .A few years back i built a 1/3 kasegawa 190 d and used the Aires cockpit but the 109 has a bit of a black hole of a cockpit so never showed it off . Assembly has been fairly straight forward but a little trimming of both resin and kit parts has been needed . I have used super glue for most parts but also a new product i found in the local hardwear shop ,Araldite Instant . This epoxy sets in 90 seconds which gives more time for adjusting parts into an acurate position . Found it useful for small parts too as they are held in position easily and dont just topple over like they can when useing Super glue. Here are some pics of bits done sofar . P1030338 by Alistair Pearce, on Flickr Im probably going to use the kit instrument panel P1030334 by Alistair Pearce, on Flickr P1030333 by Alistair Pearce, on Flickr The ammo drums are made from 4 parts The lower side wall part is from the kit P1030332 by Alistair Pearce, on Flickr P1030331 by Alistair Pearce, on Flickr The Aires parts come in two colours. Thh rudder controles are made up off eleven parts P1030330 by Alistair Pearce, on Flickr P1030329 by Alistair Pearce, on Flickr Next job is to attach sidewalls to kit parts then get some grey primer on .
  2. It's amazing how little change took place in the cockpit from the A to G model . Do you get the window in the floor with the A ?
  3. That is a very solid wing spar .I guess its probably the single most inportant part not to get in the wrong position . Cheers Alistair
  4. Lucky you have the old canopy to test it on . Looking forward to seeing your pictures
  5. Excellent informative photos .Good luck with the surgery. I will put my gloves ,mask and gown on and watch from a distance. Chèers Alistair
  6. Looking forward to seeing this one come together . I built this kit 5 or so years ago . I remember needing lashings of extra strong decal softener where the snakes head goes over the air inlet on right hand side , Agree about snake colour .Just remembers I used aftermarket snake decals from JErry Crandel as the Hasegawa snake colours are open to debate (apparently) :0 Cheers Alistair
  7. Works well . Looks like an early Luftwaffe scheme .
  8. Peter can i ask you how long the desighn process takes for the above project and what special skills you need Cheers Alistair
  9. Looking forward to seeing some pics of all this comming together .remember ,even just takeing pics of S/H resin can cause them to break.
  10. I vote for something that flew over Malta
  11. Nice work Arnold . Fit of parts looks to be excelent
  12. There must be a time where RLM 02 cockpits were over painted in RLM 66 as i have some Luftwaffe cockpit parts that show this , though none i can confirm come from a Ju87
  13. Too right Greg , they are in my hot little hands as i type this . I have the Master model set ,3 parts to echgun . How did you prime yours to avoid blocking the fine hoes in the flash guarsd ? These guns are what this aircraft are all about and are going to be the first draw to any eyes looking at it . I guess with your Anton its going to be the undercarrage Take no offence legs can be sexy.
  14. Looking good . I think the cockpits painted in RLM 02 are much easier to pop the detail out than the darker grey where the detail can get hidden in the shadows .I allways paint the ammo droms the darker grey as never seen them in 02 Cheers Alistair
  15. My entry is the Haegawa 1/32 Junkers Ju 87G anti tank Attacker done in the markings of Stab/SG2 ,Kommodore Oberstleatnant Hans -Ulrich Rudel from Autumn 1944. This Stuka has been sitting in the Stash for many years just waiting for this oppertunity . A few weeks back a BM member was asking about fit issues on some fuselage parts so i removed parts to do some dry tests so hence many parts have been removed fro sprues and coursly claeaned off . P1030318 by Alistair Pearce, on Flickr The box art isnt the mostinspiring to my eyes Looks like its flying over my lawn after a hot ,dry summer P1030318 by Alistair Pearce, on Flickr Hrre are some pics of the dryfitting P1030312 by Alistair Pearce, on Flickr It all looked ok from that test ,of course the fitting of an Aires cockpit will probably entail thinning the hasegawa parts to that of graphine. P1030321 by Alistair Pearce, on Flickr P1030320 by Alistair Pearce, on Flickr The aires parts do look good with some deep, crisp detail P1030320 by Alistair Pearce, on Flickr P1030328 by Alistair Pearce, on Flickr P1030323 by Alistair Pearce, on Flickr P1030319 by Alistair Pearce, on Flickr Some very nice plastic and a joy to clean off ,especialy after my last build a Special Hobby he 115float aircraft . For the STGB i have splashed out on some more extras P1030327 by Alistair Pearce, on Flickr Building will start later on thisevening after iv cleaned up the work bench. Thanks for looking in Alistair
×
×
  • Create New...