Bae Lighting F-6 - Airfix 1/72nd scale

This is my first real attempt to obtain a natural metal finish for me! It was a big challenge, but i think it looks good. 

The kit is the new tooled Airifix EE Lightning in 72nd scale. I'ts a good kit, and an enjoyable build. I built my kit straight OOB with no extra added.

Painted with the Alluminium by AK xtreme metal: it's an amazing product, i really enjoyed it!

Details  such as the landing gears and tyres painted with Tamiya's and Gunze's acrylic paint

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Hope you like it!

Comments and critics are very welcome!

ciao

Ale

• Like 41

9 hours ago, propforward said:

That's a lovely job - very nice indeed. Is the AK Xtreme aluminum an acrylic paint or a lacquer? I'm not familiar with it, but your finish is excellent, so I might look into that.

I'ts a lacquer. For more info, you can check here: http://ak-interactive.com/v2/product-category/ak-weathering-products/xtreme-metal/

Thanks to all for the comments!

ciao

Ale

48 minutes ago, DaveyGair said:

This looks really nice, have yet to try a Metal finish aircraft and was looking into the AK range. Can I ask what you used as an undercoat?

:goodjob:

Regards, Davey.

Thanks Davey!

I used the Tamiya's X-1 gloss black as primer

ciao

Ale

6 hours ago, Ozzyman69 said:

Hi, Ale. Buongiorno. Good effect, nice job.

My question is: forward engine inlet plug (red) is installed but no any plugs at exhaust.

Thank You.

Andrii.

No plugs for the engines are included in the kit, only the one for the air intake

ciao

Ale

• Like 1