Panavia Tornado (Desert Storm) 1/32

Hello all!

Here is my interpretation of Foxy Killer. As i think she looked like in Operation Desert Storm.

The model is Revell 1/32 with Aires cockpit and aftermarked decals, Canopy detail and FOD is scratched. It was a fun build, no serious fitting problems. The only issue was the damn useless covers for the swepwing function. The are out of the box. I should have scratched build them.

The original:

fk6_55b4d761e087c33ca585613b.jpg

Here is my foxy Killer:

finish4.jpg

finnish2.jpg

DSC_0785.jpg

DSC_0748.jpg

tornado2_55b4aa76e087c33d00ae3063.jpg

DSC_0783.jpg

DSC_0759.jpg

tornado_55b4aa7ae087c33cde9325ea.jpg

• Like 36

Cracking build, love the colours and weathering. I have not long bought this kit and you may have convinced me to finish it in the desert scheme. One thing I would say is I've heard the nose gear leg needs shortening at the lower scissor link and this certainly looks the case as your kit has a slightly nose up attitude.

Nice scheme, and nicely weathered. If we ever get some sunshine lets see a few outdoor shots please :)

wow, looks amazing!!! Love the paint chippings.

i had issues with my front landing gear, i felt that it made the aircraft sit too high at the front, so i cut if off to have the weighted look, especially with the Jp 233's.

Love your attention to detail

Thanks for the sweet replies gentlemen!

As mentioned, the front landing gear are a bit too high for the sake of the load. By the way, it is too bad that Revell didnt throw in more paveways in the box. I read that in most cases FK carried 3 Paveways. The box contained only 2.

Im not too good to take photos, here some photos of the cockpit. Enjoy!

dsc_0515_552bd0189606ee5fb79208a1.jpg

ss_552bd023e087c34815b18184.jpg

• Like 3

really nice Tornado. i think you got it spot on with the weathering and finishing. what shade/paint did you use to get the desert sand shade?

AM

Thank you very much for the kind replies.

I have painted this Tornado with Gunze colors. There are no exact matching color for "desert storm" by Gunze, so I had to do my own mix based on several photos. I also painted the landing gears and bays light grey.