Airfix 1/72 Westland Sea King HAR 3 : A 7 month (mostly procrastination) build to honor 70 Years of Life Saving

• alxzinbox changed the title to Airfix 1/72 Westland Sea King HAR 3 : A 7 month (mostly procrastination) build to honor 70 Years of Life Saving

hi ALL ,

I have just started on a SWEET 1/144  Sea King......  it's gunna be RAN Chopper.

Thanks to your pics I have an idea as to wot the "dangly things " are like...... that hang orff the Helicopter are  🖥️📝🤗

Have ordered the RAN Decals from Peter at HAWKEYE DECALS

cheery " modellin' " mumbas !

Geoff

🤗🐈‍⬛

• Like 1

Brilliant work:clap2:. Outstanding amounts of detail that transforms the old kit into something really special. I hope you have a modelling club where it can be shown.

Pete

• Like 1

Fantastic...and realistically grubby! Those printed parts are a huge improvement on the kit offerings, especially the hoist, which looks more like a hosepipe reel!

Jon

• Like 1

Unbelievable! I thought the first picture is the original!  I had to look two times ! Then I thought it’s the 1/48 one! Really breathtaking work!

very very nice!

Andy 

• Like 1

Absolutely wonderful! Meticulous detailing, immaculate finishing and atmospheric photography.

My only question is why a girl with a broken leg and arm should have decided to go hill walking in the first place? :)

Regards,

Adrian

• Like 2

Great helicopter! It's a great idea to blur the propellers, it's a pity that it couldn't be implemented. A very visual comparison of the parts from the box and those printed on the printer. And, of course, photos! They are very lively.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, AdrianMF said:

My only question is why a girl with a broken leg and arm should have decided to go hill walking in the first place? :)

Adrian, you'd be amazed...!

Jon

• Haha 3

Absolutely brilliant. 

Is this particular Airfix kit a good one?  I think with some versions of the kit the rotors are not so good ?..

• Like 1

Superb job on this iconic helicopter. I like the weathering - the exhaust soot got everywhere on these beasts and it was rare to see one clean!

• Like 1

Amazing build from the airfix kit that so many of us are familiar with. Thank you for taking the time to post the images and the work-in-progress. Even getting a decent yellow finish is a challenge for most of us!

As Jonners states, there is no surprise with what some people do or wear in the mountains in the UK. Flip Flops & t-shirts isn't out of place on the Welsh mountains it would seem - although I like to think of it as Darwin's natural selection process at work.

I have helped my son set up his 3D printer and the results are pretty amazing. I haven't yet had the time to learn how to make my own parts, so I use some of the various websites that either sell (or offer for free) some of the .stl files. (website selling GBU-24 .stl file) I know I am 1 of hundreds that are desperate to find a decent 1/72 sandbox filter.....maybe your path to becoming a multi millionaire lies in cornering the market!.....actually, learning to use Blender has just crept up my list of urgent things to do !!!

• Like 1

That is superb! 👌 

Your detailing devil has done you proud .... and the disply really sets this off! 

Keith 😁 

• Like 1