Eduard Bf109E-3 / attempted mottle.

I built this a couple of years ago, when l was experimenting with a new Airbrush (Harder & Steinbeck) to see how good a mottled effect I could get, looking through my photos I think it was just about OK so decided to share.

Good well detailed kit that went together very well and was painted using Vallejo acrylic paint.

Yellow 1 was flown by Obit. Josef Priller, CO of 6./JG51, France, Autumn 1940.

Me109

Me109

Me109

Me109

• Like 68
  • Thanks 1

Good morning Sir,

That looks truly amazing! I would say mission successful!. The E-3 looks very elegant with this canopy. I am also using the Harder Steenbeck since many many years . The simple Ultra. I was never disappointed . Maintenance is simple and especially I  like the Teflon gasket wich is nearly indestructible  instead of rubber gaskets. Meanwhile I bought a second one. The old wasn’t really defect, and it held 10 years. But I thought it was time for a new one. Also the price of 70€ is unbeatable.

Have a nice day 

Cheers 

Andy 

• Thanks 1

Your first try with this airbrush is really successful as it is better than anything I have done so far with my own airbrush that I still am not comfortable with.

• Thanks 1

That looks great!

I attempted a free-hand mottle camouflage on a 1/72 Bf-110 (Airfix) and it was definitely a fail.

Yours succeeded admirably!

👍👍

• Thanks 1

Very well done indeed. First rate all around. Some day when i grow up I'll be able to paint like that.....lol.

Cheers....Rich

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Dstream said:

Your '109 looks very well done and the mottling is great (first time? it is amazing).

Congrats,

Dan

Beginners luck I think and a very forgiving scheme, but it’s a really nice airbrush for detailing work, the needle backstop is very handy for controlling paint flow.

• Like 1