Lotus Type 91

Here is my first ever Ebbro build. Have to say this really nice kit to build. Only problem that can be mentioned is that the front and engine covers do not fit very well. Tried my best to work out with that problem. Added some details like fire extinguisher that was not in the kit and of course lot of wires and hoses.
15219655.jpg
15219656.jpg
15219657.jpg
15219658.jpg
15219659.jpg
15219660.jpg
15219661.jpg
15219662.jpg
15219663.jpg
15219664.jpg

• Like 26
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Chimpion said:

Were the JPS decals included with the kit?

Hi @Chimpion, no they are not included, would be good to know which aftermarket decals @mral47 used though, I have the Tabu decals and the yellow is much much brighter than the kit decals.

Malc.

• Thanks 1

Thanks nearsightedjohn, kapam and Chimpion.

No tobacco decals in plastic kits nowadays. Used TBdecals "full set" aftermarket decals for this one. Only REV counter and master switch decal is from Ebbro.
For the exhaust staining I used Tamiya "make-up palette" AKA Weathering Master Set D. I found it nice to use, cause you can wipe it off if effect is not desired and try again.

Edited by mral47

That's superb, great work and lovely detailing. It's a nice car, although I initially thought it looked like it was missing something without the familiar front wing.

• Thanks 1

Gotta love this! When I first saw this kit built on another forum, I had to get myself one too. I love the CF decals and rivets included. Yours turned out beautifully. Too bad we all get fooled (to put it mildly) with regards to the missing tabacco decals. I'll probably get myself a sheet from Indycals, as usual.

• Thanks 1

Beautiful model of a beautiful car,as others have said there’s a lot going on under the bonnet. Who doesn’t like a JPS Lotus? 
This is the Grand Prix winning car of 1982 Elio de Angelis. I think! Chris 

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

Superb model and great looking car. The JPS was probably one of the most striking liveries in F1 history? I must admit, I had sort of stopped following the GP's by this time (not a fan of the turbo ban)

Great detailing and a superb paint finish, very well done. 👍

Atb, Steve.

• Thanks 1