1:72 Halifax B Mk.III

11 minutes ago, Jay Gee said:

Beautiful job Roger, especially the stencil and decal work on the nose art too. 

Thanks very much JG - much appreciated!

16 minutes ago, ColinChipmunkfan said:

Detailed interior looks excellent and the overall finish is equally good.

Thanks for the kind words Colin - much appreciated!

15 minutes ago, Mick Clarke said:

Outstanding job. Congratulations.

Thanks very much Mick!

Looks phenomenal Roger another beauty for the collection and a great first build of the year too. What a great job you have made of this lovely kit.

Love the group shot of the Bristol engined pair.

Chris

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, bigbadbadge said:

Looks phenomenal Roger another beauty for the collection and a great first build of the year too. What a great job you have made of this lovely kit.

Love the group shot of the Bristol engined pair.

Chris

Thanks very much Chris - a big build in all respects! I really need to build the resupply kit and do some sort of tableau, much like your lovely RFI background...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, RidgeRunner said:

Nice one, Roger :)

Thanks very much!

Superb work! I agree with you about the kit - aside from the small wheels it’s a superb kit, well engineered and a very enjoyable build. But this above all others has been an inspiration in how to achieve a scheme even when there are no aftermarket decals available. And it’s been really enjoyable following it through the WIP! Bravo 👏🏻 😊

Matt

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, M.T.Dolby said:

Superb work! I agree with you about the kit - aside from the small wheels it’s a superb kit, well engineered and a very enjoyable build. But this above all others has been an inspiration in how to achieve a scheme even when there are no aftermarket decals available. And it’s been really enjoyable following it through the WIP! Bravo 👏🏻 😊

Matt

Matt,

You are most generous - thank you! Like many others here I generally muddle through to a finish, but in this case I am quite proud of the result. I am glad that others also appreciate it,

Cheers,

Roger

Beautiful Halifax ,lovely tribute to the RAAF aircrew. Also a rare 192 Squadron Halifax  of 100 Group.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, T-21 said:

Beautiful Halifax ,lovely tribute to the RAAF aircrew. Also a rare 192 Squadron Halifax  of 100 Group.

Thanks very much Nigel - great to be able to highlight these lesser known heroes

2 minutes ago, Spookytooth said:

That was fast Roger but a superb build sir.

Well done mate, hats off.

Simon.

Thanks Simon - you are most kind!

• Like 1

Lovely, Roger - and it’s great to see it finally built after languishing in my stash for so long!

Tom

• Thanks 1

Thanks for showing this Hallibag Roger!

Once again you've made a superb model. The weathering and colouring is second to none

I'm quite interested in 100 Group and recently presented a history talk on Zoom for an educational charity where I talked ,in part, about their exploits. The game of 'cat and mouse' with the German defences is a very interesting story. The countermeasures and then counter-counter measures deployed makes fascinating reading! 

Kind Regards, Andy

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Superb build  Roger! My great uncle Tom was a bomb aimer/ front gunner on 466 sqn RAAF based at RAF Driffield in Yorkshire ...on Halibags. He flew one sortie, then the war ended! I plan to build his B. III in 1/72 one day.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Cees Broere said:

Great build of the underrated (not by her crews) Halifax. Wonderful. Could do with a 1/48 kit or even a 1/32.

Well, the Poles didn't like it, and the Canadians were pleased it was replaced by Lancasters, though of course much of the criticism was directed at the Merlin-engined variants.  I think the crews generally had a pretty good idea.

Don't get me wrong, I like the Halifax.  As an ex-Handley Page apprentice, I suppose I can't say anything else!   But it wasn't as good as the Lanc.  Which did mean that it offers much more variety for the modeller, both in shapes and in widespread use.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Another excellent result Roger, fantastic work on the nose art.

Personally I’m not convinced by the shape of the nose glazing? It may just be me but it looks either too swept up on the lower half or too bulbous on the top half if you get my drift? It may just be the angles of the photos.

Compare the shape to the photo you provided, looks more symmetrical top and bottom of the central frame?

Mike

Edited by mick b
  • Thanks 1