Any new release announcements at Telford?

71chally

• 71chally changed the title to Any new release announcements at Telford?

Freightdog had most of a new 1/72nd scale Westland Waspon display. They were just waiting for the canopy. Due out January/February 2024, wasn't sure of the price, I think it was in the upper twenties. Looks very nice, it might have been the one planned by S&M.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Mr T said:

Freightdog had most of a new 1/72nd scale Westland Waspon display. They were just waiting for the canopy. Due out January/February 2024, wasn't sure of the price, I think it was in the upper twenties. Looks very nice, it might have been the one planned by S&M.

I think you are right that this is the kit that was planned by S&M. I believe it’s tooled in Ukraine by AMP/MikroMir

• Thanks 1

Ah well, next year still going to be buying models, Dora Wings FD2 and this Wasp. My, somewhat thin rationalisation is that they are replace old versions of the kits in the stash that is unlikely to be built, whereas these stand a chance. The stash doesn't actually get any bigger. 😉

A new dedicated thread about the future new tool ROTORCraft/Freightdog Models 1/72nd resin Wasp & Scout resin kits:

https://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/235132529-172-westland-wasp-scout-resin-kits-by-rotorcraftfreightdog-models-release-in-2024/

V.P.

Edited by Homebee
  • Like 2

Not for 2023 but 24 and beyond. I had a chat with the lovely team at HKM who confirmed they had plans for next year for early Boston's (reworked fuselarge,  engine covers and nose - he said it felt like it's basically a completely new aircraft) and he wouldn't give any more details other than more 1/32 fighters will come from them which sounded promising. 

neil

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Mr T said:

I don't think it has anything in common with any other kit actual or mooted. The designer and master maker was on the stand and very happy to talk about it. It's a gorgeous-looking kit in resin, with petite and scale-appropriate details, cast in regular resin and toughened stuff for key fine and stressed parts (eg undercarriage and tail rotor supports, and the rotor hub). Two sets of blades for different configurations, but no weapons in the basic kit (though torpedoes and mountings are mastered and tooled to be available alongside the kit). Price looks like mid-30s £s, which seems very reasonable for such a crisp and detailed kit (the engine is 7 parts on its own).

It's hard to imagine anything further from my normal modelling interests (wrong scale, eggbeater, RN, resin, only military markings and not many of them) but I'd have one like a shot when they are available...

best,

M.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

Thanks for the clarification, the designer was very busy when I was there, and I may have misheard him. You are right though, it is a lovely looking model. 

1 hour ago, cmatthewbacon said:

It's hard to imagine anything further from my normal modelling interests (wrong scale, eggbeater, RN, resin, only military markings and not many of them) but I'd have one like a shot when they are available...

...and that sums up the true Britmodeller spirit!!

• Like 4
  • Haha 5

Not exactly Rumours, but ‘findings’ from Telford.

Airfix

-        Will announce their 2024 releases the first week of January.

-        Seemed pleased with results of un-announced releases, so expect more.  Re Me410 ‘I never thought we would get away with it’.

-        Re Hampden.  Difficulty getting responses from Cosford to requests for data. To mark the completion of the restoration, I feel there will be no ‘unveiling’ as such, but the removal of a wall of Airfix kits to reveal the genuine article!

-        My hunch the next 1/24 will be Me262.

Eduard

-        Next year’s releases will be announced in Dec/Jan ‘newsletters’.

-        May have already been announced but will see 1/72 P-51D with and without dorsal fin extension.  Also ‘K’

Freightdog

Seemed ‘receptive’ to the suggestion of Aboukir filter and associated enlarged oil tank for new Airfix Vc

HR Hobbies

Will be announcing additions to their MIL-SPEC range of airbrush-ready enamel paints early January.  Said to include late war Luftwaffe and perhaps FAA Slate

Edited by Denford
Accidental omission of HR paints
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 2

On 11/12/2023 at 9:33 PM, npb748r said:

Not for 2023 but 24 and beyond. I had a chat with the lovely team at HKM who confirmed they had plans for next year for early Boston's (reworked fuselarge,  engine covers and nose - he said it felt like it's basically a completely new aircraft) and he wouldn't give any more details other than more 1/32 fighters will come from them which sounded promising. 

neil

I spoke with them too regarding the Boston, they confirmed the 1/48 and also said eventually they’ll be doing it in 1/72.

Ian

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

10 hours ago, Denford said:

Freightdog

Seemed ‘receptive’ to the suggestion of Aboukir filter and associated enlarged oil tank for new Airfix Vc

HR Hobbies

Thank you for this news I would love to have access to s deep oil tank for the recon birds. 

A  1/24 Me262 ???????   I am sure it will sell but sheer size and lack of shelf space might limit sales.   Surely the smaller but equally popular Me.163 and He.162 would sell better for that reason alone ?

Paul

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Mu17 said:

A  1/24 Me262 ???????   I am sure it will sell but sheer size and lack of shelf space might limit sales.   Surely the smaller but equally popular Me.163 and He.162 would sell better for that reason alone ?

Paul

The Me 262 is not materially much larger than (say) a Hellcat or Typhoon, and certainly smaller than a Mosquito.

My 2c: The He 162 is a niche subject. The Me 163 has more market potential, but still nowhere near the Me 262, which is as iconic as an aircraft gets. An Me 262 also has potential for multiple versions and boxings (fighter, fast bomber and reconnaissance), even without going near the two-seater.

• Like 4

On 11/15/2023 at 1:18 PM, klr said:

The Me 262 is not materially much larger than (say) a Hellcat or Typhoon, and certainly smaller than a Mosquito.

My 2c: The He 162 is a niche subject. The Me 163 has more market potential, but still nowhere near the Me 262, which is as iconic as an aircraft gets. An Me 262 also has potential for multiple versions and boxings (fighter, fast bomber and reconnaissance), even without going near the two-seater.

More marking options as well; German, Czechslovakian, US, British, French(?) and the new-build examples.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mu17 said:

Fair point Col - in some respects I wonder if there is a market for 1/6  cockpits ?

Paul

With Eduard doing those 1/4th instrument panels and Italeri re-releasing the 1/12th F-104 cockpit you may be on to something there Paul.