Tribute to my brother ..1:72 scale Mk1a cutaway Spitfire!

Perhaps it is 1/24th scale and you have giant hands!

No, I'm only joking!! 😜

That is seriously amazing detail work and a moving tribute to your late brother.

A most awesome display of skill and precision!

👏👏

• Like 1

• 4 months later...

Well that is one impressive show of skill for scrap building the entire interior of a very small Spitfire.  I think you made your brother proud.  Thanks for sharing and the fine tribute you gave him.

• Like 1

Absolutely spectacular, in this scale the work that must have gone into it was well worth the effort. It is touching to see that it was done in memory of a person who has passed away, and I can safely say you have done him justice in this build. 

Sincerely, Hurricaneflyer

• Like 1

Wow Fozzy, I was missing in action when you built this so am seeing it for the first time. Firstly, what a wonderful tribute to your brother. Secondly, what a stunning achievement. A very different project from the gigantic B17! Do you have anything on the bench at the moment?

Richie

• Like 1

9 hours ago, RichieW said:

Wow Fozzy, I was missing in action when you built this so am seeing it for the first time. Firstly, what a wonderful tribute to your brother. Secondly, what a stunning achievement. A very different project from the gigantic B17! Do you have anything on the bench at the moment?

Richie

Cheers Richie!......not sure what's next but toying with the idea of scratch building the cockpit of a Avro Vulcan along side an Avro Lancaster cockpit in 1:20 scale....but that just maybe a project too far!😉

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, SAT69 said:

I'm doing good to even build in 1/72 scale and you produce a work as shown in the photos. I'm well beyond impressed. I'm in awe!

Thanks a lot ...my eye sight is almost recovered!😉

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Fozzy said:

Cheers Richie!......not sure what's next but toying with the idea of scratch building the cockpit of a Avro Vulcan along side an Avro Lancaster cockpit in 1:20 scale....but that just maybe a project too far!😉

Haha, you being you there's always the danger of ending up with an entire fuselage too. It does sound like a suitably crazy project though! :)

Richie

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Fozzy said:

If you do the Vulcan cockpit/nose, I promise not to hassle you to do the rest of it!

Can’t say the same for the Lanc, though…

• Haha 2