Trumpeter 1/72 F100F Super Sabre.

Hello all.

Another parallel build finished yesterday; this is the F-100F from Trumpeter. I really enjoyed this kit, it had next to no fit issues and minimal cleaning up was required on the parts.

It’s finished as a RoCAF example from Chiayi AFB, Taiwan, circa 1960. The decals coming from the Xtradecal sheet X72-119.

Paints were my usual Humbrol 27002/3 with Flory wash for the panel lines and a little Tamiya burnt metal blue powder on the engine panels.

Nothing much else to say other than now I want to do the Trumpeter single seater to use more of the excellent Xtradecal sheet. Trouble is which one to do?🤔

Hope you like it.

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

Thanks for looking

Pete

• Like 52

14 hours ago, SAT69 said:

You've done excellent work. That Super Sabre is beautiful!

Many thanks.

13 hours ago, desert falcon said:

That is simply stunning 😍 

Wish I could do such a clean job myself in that scale !!

Thank you.

I've always been a fan of the F-100 since I saw a build article on the 1/48 Monogram kit in Scale Models magazine many years ago. Unfortunately, I've got around to buying / building one. :banghead:

You've done a cracking job on the build and paintwork Pete. :thumbsup2::thumbsup2:

Looking forward to seeing your next one.

mike

• Like 1

On 11/03/2021 at 20:32, twinpin said:

Really nice work.     Interested  that you use Humbrol 27002/3. Could you detail how you work with it please..

Thank you very much.  I use 27002 as the colour for the majority of the airframe and generally apply this as the last colour. The panels and areas that I want in different metallic shades are sprayed first. For the F100 the upper wing and tail plane centre areas were sprayed with 27002 with Xtra colour pale grey (any) added. The rear engine is 27002 and 3 about 80/20 plus a little matt black. I then added more 27003 to the leftover colour and sprayed stripes to start the stripy burnt metal effect. The forward engine panel is 27002 with a little 27003. The black areas were hand painted. All these areas were then masked and the rest of the model sprayed with 27002. I don't use undercoat and always spray slightly thinned 27002 in successive passes to build up the colour . After decaling and panel lining I seal the whole thing in a mix of Xtra gloss and matt to create a semi matt finish. Any staining now goes on top of this.

Its pretty forgiving to use as you can pretty well add anything to it to make different shades and it dries really quickly, so have a go, I don't think you'll be disappointed.

Cheers

Pete

Thank you for your reply. I tried 27002 some time ago, on an Airfix F86 in Yugoslav marking which is somewhere on BM, brush painted from a tin and could not get it to polish up.

• Thanks 1