Turning Japanese.......... (I really think so...) Chat

trickyrich

• 2 weeks later...
13 hours ago, ModelingEdmontonian said:

May I join?!

Not up to me but I think it's all welcome, these group builds usually are - so as long as the subject matter fits the requirements / less than 25% completed at start are the usual requirements.

I'll be joining too I think, will be something wheely - I have quite a bunch of Japanese car models that need building (and zero Zeros), just not sure what to pick yet from the stash, Subaru or Mitsubishi rally car or a Suzuki, Nissan, or Mitsubishi road car. Will decide what takes my fancy closer to the build start date.

• Like 1

Hi guys. I hope I'm not too late to join the party. I have some Japanese bikes and several aircraft to choose from. My main contender would be my Tamiya 1/6th CB750 Four (also have the 1/6 750F, a Heller 1/8th 950SS and a Nitto 1/8th CBX Tourer to name a few). It is less than 25% started on account of it scaring the crap out of me every time I do anything to it, I'm so worried about stuffing it up. For things with wings I also have Dinahs, Gekkos and Mavis' coming out of my ears so hope to have time to do at least one of those.

51755395530_797d5b6c1b_c.jpg

Cheers

Al.

• Like 5

On 12/15/2021 at 1:38 PM, ModelingEdmontonian said:

May I join?!

Absolutely, the more the merrier.  :cheers:

On 12/18/2021 at 6:02 AM, beany said:

Hi guys. I hope I'm not too late to join the party.

Never too late.  :wicked:

Welcome aboard @Scargsy.  Looking forward to see what you settle on.  I've acquired a few Japanese cars of late...mostly JTCC & JGTC race cars.

Go time for this GB will be in the spring (April 16th)...so lots of time to settle on something, then change your mind half dozen times between now and then (like me).  :giggle:

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/30/2021 at 2:08 PM, Giorgio N said:

I'll try to join this one, potential candidates are the 1/72 RS Ki-61 or the Hasegawa 1/48 F-1.. very different options but all interesting subjects in their own way

It'll be great to have you aboard if you can make it.  I picked up one of those F-1s a little while back on sale when I was on a bit of a Japanese binge...not all JASDF subjects, several race cars too.

If I recall correctly, I said this would be a good excuse for something on 2 wheels. I was thinking at the time of a track bike (full fairing and lots of decals) but after having a meander through eBay, I settled on a Tamiya Yamaha Virago XV1000. I've always fancied building one and as it was on offer, it's been purchased in readiness for April :happy: 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, wimbledon99 said:

If I recall correctly, I said this would be a good excuse for something on 2 wheels. I was thinking at the time of a track bike (full fairing and lots of decals) but after having a meander through eBay, I settled on a Tamiya Yamaha Virago XV1000. I've always fancied building one and as it was on offer, it's been purchased in readiness for April :happy: 

that sounds like a good idea!  :hmmm: hmmm maybe I could be tempted to build a bike as well!!!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, trickyrich said:

that sounds like a good idea!  :hmmm: hmmm maybe I could be tempted to build a bike as well!!!

I may be as too, just ask @Col..  Hell, I think he may be considering one as well.  :rofl2:

• Haha 3

46 minutes ago, helios16v said:

And @trickyrich, it’s about time you visit your own GB.  :tease:

I've been lurking.......  :bandit:   ...anyway gotta get these Co-host doing something constructive!! :D

Anyway I'll be blaming your purchases for the motorbike desire, thou no extra biker girl for me!  

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, trickyrich said:

Anyway I'll be blaming your purchases for the motorbike desire, thou no extra biker girl for me!  

Scared the wife won't approve?

• Haha 3

• 2 weeks later...

A quick question if I may, and apologies if this has been covered in the multiple pages of chat above.  Does this GB include only Japanese a/c based in Japan?  There are some pretty funky colour schemes for US jets stationed there...

Otherwise, I'm afraid I will only be able to join with a Tamiya 1/48 Mitsubishi A6M2 Zero, which is not exactly original, compared to some of the amazing kits proposed above!

Icarus

Edited by Icarus

53 minutes ago, Icarus said:

A quick question if I may, and apologies if this has been covered in the multiple pages of chat above.  Does this GB include only Japanese a/c based in Japan?  There are some pretty funky colour schemes for US jets stationed there...

Otherwise, I'm afraid I will only be able to join with a Tamiya 1/48 Mitsubishi A6M2 Zero, which is not exactly original, compared to some of the amazing kits proposed above!

Icarus

I would be inclined to allow permanently based equipment.  So for example, USAF aircraft assigned to Kadena AB, Misawa AB, Yokota AB, CVW-5 squadrons out of NAF Atsugi, or ships home ported out of Yokosuka or Sasebo.  I'd lean towards a no for transient/visiting equipment.    @trickyrich will have final say, once he has an opportunity to drop in.