Turning Japanese.......... (I really think so...) Chat

trickyrich

I said I was steering clear of GBs for a whie, but if I get the Surtees done for the Matchbox GB then I'll join in with this, as it was what I was going to build next anyway :) 

celica

• Like 9

14 hours ago, Redstaff said:

I said I was steering clear of GBs for a whie, but if I get the Surtees done for the Matchbox GB then I'll join in with this, as it was what I was going to build next anyway :) 

celica

NIce!  Timing is everything.  :thumbsup:

That is one of my favorite Celica body designs....and I love, love the OZ Monte Carlo wheels.  Had a set on my Helios GLi back in the day.  :wub:

• Thanks 1

Well we are all under way with some awesome builds appearing already and it's only day 1!!!

Good luck everyone, and for those still debating, jump in and have some fun, I'm sure everyone has something that would be perfect for this GB somewhere hidden in the stash.

• Like 1

Since I don't think I will be able to complete my planned build for this in the time available, I've been looking at alternative options

This will be OK

1321855-27767-64-pristine.jpg

But I'd like an adjudication on this as the Japanese link is a bit tenouous

1011798-27258-49-720.jpg

/P

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, Earwicker said:

Hi, I'd like to join with this if possible, I think it fits the brief.

Most definitely.  Welcome to Turning Japanese, Group Builds, and BM in general.  :cheers:

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Earwicker said:

Hi, I'd like to join with this if possible, I think it fits the brief.

DSCN8861

wow your first post and you want to join us crazy lot!!!! 🤪  :wall:

Welcome to the fun, we try not to take things too serious here, it's all about joining in have some fun and maybe learning some new stuff.

I was wondering when we'd see one of these in the build. I love them, I started one many years ago but never quite finished her (story of my life with some of my builds!), but these things are awesome!!!! :thumbsup:

So start a thread and get to it, I think there'll be a bit of interest in this build..... may even inspire me to finish mine........though more like make my buy another one!

If you get stuck on anything just ask, someones bound to help you out. I hope you enjoy the build/fun.

• Like 3

On 18/04/2022 at 00:59, trickyrich said:

actually didn't we have one of these in the last GB I hosted, the Nordic one??

It's a great scheme on an awesome rally car!

Yep I built that up for the Nordic GB. @Redstaff I used some aftermarket decals in mine so should still have the original Tamiya ones (minus a couple like the dash) if you need some spares for free, I'll take a look later in my box - I always get terrified about messing up big complex decals at the final phase!

I'm planning on joining the GB, probably with a car (or two), plenty of options in my stash but I'm not sure what to go with yet (rally and road cars), I only have one lone Japanese plane in my stash (F15J) but that I'm earmarking for the F15 GB. Just need to make some space first (3 GBs on going)!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Alright time for some fun....more that just building models that is.

Basically Uncle Richie went to the shops today and bought some paint for the Sukhoi and others. While he was there something jumped into the basket and pleaded with him to take it home..... now how could I refuse such pleading?  Plus as it turned out it was something perfect for this GB.

So Uncle Richie has a planned build #4 (build #3 may have to wait for now), but the fun is I'm not going to say what it is. I have started it (and done quite a lot to it to) and are taking photos. All will be revealed if someone can guess what it it..... or I get bored waiting (or finish it first). So have a go and see if you can figure what Uncle Richie bought? :D

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, trickyrich said:

So have a go and see if you can figure what Uncle Richie bought? :D

Probably some Gundam type thingy!

2 hours ago, trickyrich said:

But I did see a bigger variation of your truck, a Hino Profia, it looked awesome...and so was the price!!

That is a bit of an issue, indeed... that, and availability. I'd really like do to some more of these. Luckily I have 2 🙂 

• Like 2

Found this one in the stash, it even comes with a tiny tube of glue !

It looks like a blue colour on the box and the decals only have the meatballs.

Has anyone built this one ?

Cheers Pat

• Like 4

On 24/04/2022 at 19:29, JOCKNEY said:

On 24/04/2022 at 23:34, Corsairfoxfouruncle said:

Heck Ive never even heard of it ?

Neither had I, but there is an interesting article on Wikipedia.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kawanishi_E15K

• Thanks 1

Now wow that is an interesting aircraft, never heard of it either!

I suspect the colour scheme would be the standard for Japanese float planes, I haven't seen a blue scheme before.

Would be a nice and interesting build for the GB, go for it Pat.

• Like 1

On 4/25/2022 at 3:59 AM, JOCKNEY said:

It looks like a blue colour on the box

I’m seeing green.  It would be the standard IJNAF dark green, which has a blueish cast to it.  The rest of that box top scheme looks highly fanciful, but I’d be happy to be proven wrong!

AW

• Thanks 1

On 4/24/2022 at 8:29 PM, JOCKNEY said:

Found this one in the stash, it even comes with a tiny tube of glue !

It looks like a blue colour on the box and the decals only have the meatballs.

Cheers Pat

Pat, of course I did 😆, but it was more scratch work then assembly of the kit. The result is here:

but I did not done any documentation from work...

Regards

J-W

• Thanks 1

I still would like to join the GB, I though I will come with Mavis but now I think I will come with something less complicated. Now we have Dornier Do 17 STGB, where I started with three variants of Do -17 and in the same time there is "Big British" where I am thinking on coming with Vickers Valentia - so this is a true challenge.... I am sorry that all three GB overlaps ... I will come with something smaller than Mavis...

Regards

J-W

• Haha 1

The struggle of limited time + multiple tempting GBs is real.  I'm certainly having to pick and choose myself.  Glad to see you considering our little soiree @JWM.  

• Like 1

Hello Rich @trickyrich

I left aside the idea of an Arado 196 (1/32 Revell). As I have no display cabinet, my built kits end in shoe boxes .... I've got small feet, so it wouldn't fit 😄.

Still I can't miss this one. I found a Tamiya  1/72 A6M2b "Zero" at a (nearly) reasonable price, it's underway. Would this be acceptable:

spacer.png

If yes, please count me in. Thanks, whatever your answer. But be warned I already have a 1/72 Italeri/Academy "Fork-tailed Devil" with Eduard PE and mask ready in the stash so you won't easily get rid of me. It's your fault after all, always bringing up subjects that have an  😍 impact on me.

Pat.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1