Tornado GR.1a (Revell, 1/72), in memoriam Spike

alex

Good afternoon,

after some delay, I finally took the opportunity to take the pictures of the Tornado. The WIP can be found in the Tornado group build. The kit used was the fantastic Revell kit, with some minor Eduard PE parts, Pavla seats, decals from the kit and Model Alliance (https://www.hannants.co.uk/product/ML72104). I had to use a lot of decal softener, but I think, the result looks fine and Spike would have liked the outcome. So, once more, raise your glasses and drink on Spikes memory!

1-seitelinks_zpstzohdv8t.jpg

2-vornelinks_zpssj5y2chf.jpg

3-seiterechts_zpshi2o2vaa.jpg

4-obenrechts_zpsyougxctg.jpg

5-cockpit_zpsqkanhgvu.jpg

6-hintenrechts_zpssv9ceeyl.jpg

7-hintenlinks_zpscpaioqf1.jpg

8-unten_zpslxnh55ka.jpg

Alex

• Like 33

Hello Alex - My compliments to you on a beautiful looking build of your 'Tornado'. I love the quality and detail of the paint and finishing work and commend the clean patina.She is a resplendent tribute to your colleague 'Spike' and the type.All the best,Paul.

Really nice, it's nice to see this scheme as well, I have the decal set from model alliance with this on it, and have been stockpiling Revell GR-1's to do most of the different versions on the decal sheet!

Rich

• Like 1

That's a real cracker, what a lovely build, and as already pointed out, nice to see a build with one of the less common but highly eye catching schemes.

Excellent work, Sir and I think Spike would whole heartedly approve.

Eng