Mig-31BM Foxhound 1:48

Mike

Thanks chaps :) I don't know whether I'm just getting used to the decaling, or there were less on the starboard side, but that's now done too. Just a few left on the inside of the starboard tail and we're onto the next step... weathering! :frantic:

decals4.jpg

• Like 31

She's looking fantastic Mike, this build and the upcoming 'Red Storm Rising' group build have rekindled my interest in Soviet/Russian aircraft. I think I'm going to have to invest in one.

Great paint finish too, I might have to give AKAN paints a try too.

• Like 1

Thanks fellas for all the kind words. I've been idle today (what's new?) due to a trip to a Galaxy Far Far Away.... ™, but I might get the decaling finished off shortly, and then I can start the washes etc. to get her looking a bit more world weary :)

Thanks Rui and the same to each and every one ;)

Managed to decal the tail, and let me tell you now that the two decals that will cause more curling of lips than the rest of them put together are the dotted circles on one of the fins (I forget which one now). They are large, and with a lot of carrier film in the middle that is wafer thin. This makes them very floppy and prone to stretching or tearing, so it's crucial that you get them near where they are meant to be on application, and don't get any fragments of the decal numbers underneath them like I did! :boom:

Very true! Shame I don't like fish :puke: Quite like Vodka though ^_^

If you do not like

a fish (caviar) try a russian pancakes (for vodka of course).

BTW the 31-sts older brother MiG-25 has a 200 litres of the spirit... And,as you know, the vodka is a coktail of the spirit and water. Russians aviators calls this bevarage a "Massandra" ( just like a famous Krymian vine)))))

Marry Christmas all of your, dear colleagues!!!!!