Hawker Tempest TT.5

In all honesty I'm no lover of this 'artistic' approach to modelling. So, for me anyway, I think that you've overdone the weathering. These aircraft were I seem to recall painted silver, rather than NMF, as such they would fade to a Matt sheen rather than appear that it's ready for the knackers yard, but that's only my opinion. It's your model, so it's your choice..and others on here like it...so what do I know!!

Thanks to all for the comments.

@Bill

You'll be amazed how dirty they would get.

edit_zps2b6efe6a.jpg

Greetings,

Michel

That's dirty alright, trouble is when applied on a model it looks a bit overdone...I'd maybe add a little less brown or black to the mix..BUT as I said, it's your model. Each to their own...

In all honesty I'm no lover of this 'artistic' approach to modelling. So, for me anyway, I think that you've overdone the weathering. These aircraft were I seem to recall painted silver, rather than NMF, as such they would fade to a Matt sheen rather than appear that it's ready for the knackers yard, but that's only my opinion. It's your model, so it's your choice..and others on here like it...so what do I know!!

100% agree Bill. The build itself it lovely and the scheme very attractive, but to my eye too the weathering is overdone. However, I also agree with the fact that it's each to their own, but to me there's a real craze of uber-weathering going on at the moment and it rarely represents the real aircraft, especially in scale form.

I confess to being in the less is more camp re weathering though I do think in this case Michel has got it about right as the photo of a similar plane shows, any chance of a photo of your model taken in a similar pose Michel? As far as the winch is concerned, I have thought previously that the Tempest had a wing mounted winch in place of a drop tank which they also carried to maintain aerodynamic symmetry, so the windmill winch under the fuselage came as a surprise. Do you have any more info on this Michel?:unsure:

Steve,