DHC-1 Chipmunk T.10 - AEROCLUB 1/48

vags

I think that's possibly the best w,i,p, thread that I've seen - thanks for taking the time to put it together! And what a lovely end result, beautiful little Chippie!!

Ditto. Thanks so much Vags. I'm gonna save this and read and re-read it. If you'd published it as a book I'd have happily bought it. I confess to a bias as I have a lot of affection for the Chippie (as do many on BM). But even so. I'm out of superlatives.......

• Like 1

G'day Vags,

Marvelous build and web presentation you've done here. What more can I say. By the looks of it, that old vac Aeroclub kit is not much to start with given the high standards expected of today. I have that old Aeroclub kit (injection molded) somewhere. I must dig it out and have a look. Currently, I'm working on an old 1/72 AIRFIX build which is very tenuous and frustrating given it's tiny size. Looking at yours I wish I'd started mine in 1/48. It looks like the perfect size to start a Chippy build given your fine completed example here. Congrats and I look forward to seeing your next build.

PHIL

Ps : Com'on AIRFIX how about a 1/48 DH Chipmunk to match that Gnat.........

Edited by LongMan2
  • Like 1

G'day Vags,

Marvelous build and web presentation you've done here. What more can I say. By the looks of it, that old vac Aeroclub kit is not much to start with given the high standards expected of today. I have that old Aeroclub kit (injection molded) somewhere. I must dig it out and have a look. Currently, I'm working on an old 1/72 AIRFIX build which is very tenuous and frustrating given it's tiny size. Looking at yours I wish I'd started mine in 1/48. It looks like the perfect size to start a Chippy build given your fine completed example here. Congrats and I look forward to seeing your next build.

PHIL

Ps : Com'on AIRFIX how about a 1/48 DH Chipmunk to match that Gnat.........

Dear Phil, this is the injection version, not the vac one.

Regarding 1/72 vs 1/48: I believe that small aircraft are suitable for the larger scales and smaller aircraft for the 1/72nd. I am both 1/72nd and 1/48th lover but I would never build a Spitfire or a Chipmunk in 1/72nd because they deserve too much detail for the smaller scale to handle. On the other hand I would build an L-1049 Connie in 1/72nd because even in that scale there is still enough detail to be shown.

As for your Ps... well, I could not agree more.

• Like 1

• 5 months later...

Vags.,

I must say that THIS CHIPMUNK build is the MOST AMAZING ONE ever. :heart::wub:

You have MY respect and admiration....

:worthy:

I also LIKE your WIP. Well presented and easy to follow .thank you :thumbsup:

Your workmanship is IMMACULATE, IMPECCABLE and pure joy to watch.

Your Chipmunk build SHOULD BE PINNED for reference.

Also you are quite gracious and humble to say you have produced a MASTERPIECE in this build..

YOU ROCK. :mike:

• Like 1

Wow, What Awsomness is this... I must follow, Can't believe I had not seen this sooner. I love the Painting of the roundels lesson I shall remember that as I am often disappointed with decals and I must say they look a lot better in paint.

Great work Cheers for sharing ;)

Rob

• Like 2