HP Victor B2 (BS)

Hello All,

This is my Latest effort. XL191, from 139 Sqn. flew over my house in Jamaica on Aug 6, 1962, making this the first time I saw a Victor.

IMG_0069.jpg

It was a tanker by the time my cousin flew it on 57 Sqn in 1984-85.

IMG_0060.jpg

And, it crashed on landing in bad weather at Mount Hope Airport, Hamilton Ontario, in 1986

IMG_0054.jpg

I used the Flightpath intakes and AirDecals, but everything else my work.

Thanks for looking

Tony

Edited by Tony Whittingham
  • Like 1

Good looking, neat model excellent white finish, I think the photo does'nt do the model justice as the blue in the decals looks green.

That's a cracker, really like that, great looking finish! Can you give any details of the mods you did to hang the Blue Steel underneath, as I want to do the same later on this year?

And chancer, it could be your monitor, the decals look pale blue to me!!! (no,no,no, don't let's start another colour argument!! :offtopic::D )

Lovely build :thumbsup:

Keef

That's a cracker, really like that, great looking finish! Can you give any details of the mods you did to hang the Blue Steel underneath, as I want to do the same later on this year?

And chancer, it could be your monitor, the decals look pale blue to me!!! (no,no,no, don't let's start another colour argument!! :offtopic::D )

Lovely build :thumbsup:

Keef

Hello Keef,

The Airdecal sheet is the right colour for a DTD899A finish as in Ian Huntley's "Nuclear notes" from Scale Aircraft modelling Vol 5 no 9 (June 1983). The only thing is I wish they had been printed on clear, with white discs separate. The problem is there's a couple of different BS2660 references for these colours. In this case, one man's opinion is as good as the next, and this sheet matches the TSR2 and Airfix Vulcan decals to a degree. I will have to wait to see the Lo-vis on the Valiant to see if they match. Apparently the colours change after mod 2020 on the Victor.

(Not wishing to turn this into a Anti-Flash boxing match!)

Hope this helps,

Tony

Edited by Tony Whittingham

Hello Keef,

The Airdecal sheet is the right colour for a DTD899A finish as in Ian Huntley's "Nuclear notes" from Scale Aircraft modelling Vol 5 no 9 (June 1983). The only thing is I wish they had been printed on clear, with white discs separate. The problem is there's a couple of different BS2660 references for these colours. In this case, one man's opinion is as good as the next, and this sheet matches the TSR2 and Airfix Vulcan decals to a degree. I will have to wait to see the Lo-vis on the Valiant to see if they match. Apparently the colours change after mod 2020 on the Victor.

(Not wishing to turn this into a Anti-Flasn boxing match!)

Hope this helps,

Tony

Hi Tony, sorry I was being flippant in response to Chancer's comment that they looked green - they look absolutely fine to me!! (as does the whole build!)

Cheers

keef

PS - I agree with your wish for roundels like this to be printed on clear sheet, makes it much easier to match the background white !

Hello All,

This is my Latest effort. XL191, from 139 Sqn. flew over my house in Jamaica on Aug 6, 1962, making this the first time I saw a Victor.

Very, very nice.

Cripes! That sighting - 6/8/62 - was my 6th Birthday.

ditto for all the comments plus I want mine, tho it will be in a different c/s, to be to this standard