Kallisti's bits and bobs for 2023

Kallisti

Blimey I forgot about this until just now! This year has been rather chaotic, first off was redundancy from my job of 6 years. I knew about it well in advance and got a decent redundancy package but it still took a couple of months to find a new job. Good thing too as within a month my landlords informed me that they were selling the house and I had to move out! Anyway on the modelling front there was some interesting builds! Starting off with a couple of builds that began over the Xmas period of 2022, first up is the 1:48 Hawker Hurricane catapult, as fitted to CAM ships on the Atlantic and Russian Convoys. Known as Hurricats, this one depicts  The aircraft fitted to SS Empire Tide CAM Ship in 1941

DSC_6988.JPG?m=1673567789

Soon after but built at the same time was the Polar Lights 1:24 1966 Batmobile:

DSC_6900.JPG?m=1675687569

Next was a truly awful old kit from Imai for Mac's Car from Joe 90. This was a bit of a night mare to put together!

DSC_7056.JPG?m=1675949153

DSC_7056.JPG?m=1675949153

Next was one of the smaller scale Space:1999 Eagles released by Round 2. This time it was the Laboratory Eagle with booster pack. 

I'm very pleased to say this won a silver in Telford this year :D

DSC_7144.JPG?m=1676376097

Next was a build I started all the way back in 2015, the 1:35 Meng Char 2C. I'd got as far as the basic camo paint but then for some reason was never able to complete it. So during my period of unemployment I got it off the shelf of doom and finished off the paint and weathered it

DSC_7235.JPG?m=1678280526

Next was a bit of fun with a 1:72 vehicle, not my usual thing, but it was one of the presents I received from my colleagues when I left the job in January. Its a 1:72 Hasegawa Rosenbauer Panther 6x6 Airport Crash Tender

DSC_7264.JPG?m=1678630372

So still in March only, my period of unemployment meant I build a lot of models and next was another entry in my ongoing series of "What if Captain Scarlet's Spectrum organisation was founded in the 1960s rather than the 2060s". This moves the timeline on to the 1980s where they got equipped with the Spectrum Angel Draken, built from the 1:48 scale Hasegawa kit, This was my entry into the Saab Draken STGB earlier this year.

DSC_7382.JPG?m=1679960749

DSC_7382.JPG?m=1679960749

The next build was inspired in part by the Hurricat earlier in the year. This is a revisit to Space:1999 but this time for the smaller scale Hawk Mk 9 spaceship, this time in a docking cradle on some kind of carrier ship maybe?

DSC_7448.JPG?m=1681848140

Next was the flying Delorean from Back to the Future Part 2

DSC_7525.JPG?m=1683407153

I had then just started building the 1:200 Rotterdam Smit ocean going tug for the "Out of my comfort zone" GB when I got the news from my Landlords, 2 days before the King's coronation. Thankfully things worked out well and I was able to move into the new house in June but it tool until September to finish the next model, 1:24 Lotus Europa by Fujumi

20230814_200030.jpg?m=1694215425

Also in September, finished my entry for the "Above the Kamen Line" GB, a 1:48 X-wing from the original Star Wars movie by Fineemolds. I'm pleased to say that this got a Commended at Telford in November.

DSC_7764.JPG?m=1694248349

October saw me complete something I was suprised I enjoyed building so much, Trumpeter's 1:48 Westland Wyvern, with added bloodstains on the tail (read the thread for an explanation :D) 

DSC_7904.JPG?m=1696938992

The final completed build that has been posted on Britmodeller so far was probably the worst one of the whole year, the Revell 1:25 Porsche 914-6

DSC_7948.JPG?m=1700357650

There is one more completed build but I haven't posted the RFI here yet, basically because I forgot until just now! The Airfix Vampire FR 5.

The final build of the year is still underway, the 1:24 scale 3D print of the SHADO Interceptor from UFO, build thread here:

Its been a rather chaotic year but productive anyway. I've built more than I thought I had, which is the nice thing about making these Yearbooks, you realise just how much you HAD achieved in the year!

Onwards to 2024!

Edited by Kallisti
  • Like 27

Fantastic variety of subjects, as ever. I'm glad you managed to change jobs and move successfully - it must have been quite stressful.

I have to say that I was a bit relieved when you pulled out of the Not My Comfort Zone GB - you seem to be comfortable with any sort of modelling. I thought we might have had to build a tank full of snakes to model in to get you properly uncomfortable!

Hope your 2024 goes well with no unwelcome surprises.

Regards,

Adrian

• Haha 3

Thanks everyone for the nice comments :)

@AdrianMF oh just wait, I'm sure there will be a similar GB along soon :D

On the last day of the year I can post my progress on the latest build, the 3D print of the 1:24 scale SHADO Interceptor from UFO

DSC_8067.JPG?m=1704034173

• Like 4

That's a cracking list of completions :D Hopefully 2024 is more settled for you.

I'm off to have a nose of your SHADO Interceptor thread...

James

• Thanks 1

Terrific variety of interesting subject. Shout for the chat b though for a great bit of weathering to finish it off with. Sounds like a really trialling year.

Happy new year! 
Paul

• Thanks 1