IJN Mikasa - Hasegawa 1/350

After approximately three years I finally managed to finished her. Few things could get better, but the most irritating are the flags. This is the Eduard SPACE and I have tried few things, even AK extreme metal thinner and still can fold them. Maybe one day I find solution how to correct it.

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

• Like 41

Gidday Chris aka @Kris B, that's a great model, and beautifully weathered. It is well worth the three year wait. My main interest is WW2 vintage ships but after seeing yours here and a couple of others on the forum maybe I should consider this pre-Dreadnought era also. Pity there aren't any that I'm aware of in 1/600, my preferred scale. Oh well  .   .   .

Your model here is very well done. Regards, Jeff.

I saw this in Telford last week (we also had a nice chat over your HMS Dreadnought model, which I found very enjoyable). The model is excellent, I am normally qute sceptical whan it comes to weathering but you found a sort of middle way where the model looks "lived" withough ginving the impression of a rusting hulk. Rigging is also very good. I als also amazed you managed to use the Ediard railing so well, since they have no lower "line" which mates applying them to the model very tricky I think. On the subject of flags: just use decals on thin aluminuium foil, so much easier to work with; the metal PE flags are a complete scam.

So happy we met!

Fabulous finish Kris. I agree with others on the restrained weathering and rigging, just about perfect! Your result here makes me want to locate and add this kit to my ship queue.

5 hours ago, Micha_Pol said:

On the subject of flags: just use decals on thin aluminuium foil

I’ve also used this technique for 1/350 flags and find it really helpful for holding a curl as well as providing a firm edge on the flag for bonding to the flag post:spacer.png

• Like 2

Thanks. That was to try something different. 

On Telford I've asked one of Eduard guys that they know what I can use to curl it and they do not know. 

I'll buy decals and replace it. 

Really nice one, she's a beauty!! Rigging is first class, and painting and weathering are spot on.

Btw your ViP was somewhat shy, would you please be so kind, and share how did you paint/aged/weathered lower hull, I really like it.

Congrats, hope you treat us with more soon.

Cheers

Edited by Zoran Srb