Hi all

I finished this one last week, this is the Revell 72nd kit built OOB apart from the Pitot tube which was replaced wing Albion Alloys slide fit tubing and ghe Seatbelts which were made from Tamiya masking tape folded over to make it double thickness.

Brush painted with Colourcoats and Humbrol enamels and weathered with a dot filter and panel line wash using oik paint before some chipping and exhaust stains applied.

I won't add a link to the WIP as it is a multi build thread and is 80 odd pages  long, so is quite daunting.

Enough of the waffle, here's the pics

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

Pretty pleased with this one, just have a 32nd kit to doo in TSS one day soon.

Thanks for looking in and thanks to those who followed along offering support and encouragement,  it is always very much appreciated.

Chris

• Like 42

That is a lovely Corsair, there is something special about the clipped wing RN version in overall sea blue,  It looks so 'right'.

Cheers

John

• Thanks 1

That looks really good Chris, especially for a kit I'm lead to believe can give problems, 

3 hours ago, bigbadbadge said:

is 80 odd pages  long, so is quite daunting.

which is the reason I've not been following this, low attention span or some such I'm told. ;) :D 

Steve.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Viking said:

That is a lovely Corsair, there is something special about the clipped wing RN version in overall sea blue,  It looks so 'right'.

Cheers

John

Thanks John very kind, yes there is definitely something about the overall blue scheme, got an Avenger to do in the overall blue scheme too.

5 hours ago, stevehnz said:

That looks really good Chris, especially for a kit I'm lead to believe can give problems, 

which is the reason I've not been following this, low attention span or some such I'm told. ;) :D 

Steve.

Thanks Steve,very kind too.  I had heard it can be a pain but it went together rather well and has been quite enjoyable.

No worries about the WIP Steve, I can’t follow a lot of threads I would like otherwise there would be no modelling time left😉

4 hours ago, georgeusa said:

Nice Corsair in a different blue than normally seen.  Thanks for sharing.

Thanks George, very kind,  the dot filtering fades the panels a bit as well as my post shading after the initial painting.

Thanks guys for your kind comments

Chris

• Like 1

I'm an unabashed Corsair fan so I love it. The Revell kit is overly complicated and you done a great job

But it makes a good basis for RN Corsairs. 

I have a couple in the stash. 

The only issue is that I believe Revell used type B roundels even though the picture on the  Instruction sheet model showed type C. Which I think is correct. 

Yes they were delivered with type B roundels from America. But KD341 in Yeovilton shows evidence that the white line was painted in.

I  haven't read the WIP so I don't know if you addressed that. 

Anyway none of that detracts from a great model.

Edited by noelh
  • Thanks 1

Chris,

A lovely build and finish, and your oil filter effect has added a very pleasing depth to this single colour finish. Great work!

Cheers,

Roger

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, noelh said:

I'm an unabashed Corsair fan so I love it. The Revell kit is overly complicated and you done a great job

But it makes a good basis for RN Corsairs. 

I have a couple in the stash. 

The only issue is that I believe Revell used type B roundels even though the picture on the  Instruction sheet model used type C. Which I think is correct. 

Yes they were delivered with type B roundels from America. But KD341 in Yeovilton shows evidence that the white line was painted in.

I  haven't read the WIP so I don't know if you addressed that. 

Anyway none of that detracts from a great model.

Thanks Noel, I find the Corsair a bit of a minefield tbh and on this one went for the OOB approach,  so the decals were what came with the kit.  One of the fuselage ones was quite faded but still used as added some patina.   This is my first Corsair.   I do have another 32nd scale kit to build but that's in the future.  Will do more research for that one. 

6 hours ago, Dunny said:

Chris,

A lovely build and finish, and your oil filter effect has added a very pleasing depth to this single colour finish. Great work!

Cheers,

Roger

Thanks Roger and thanks for your support and encouragement fella.  Very pleased withcthe effects the oil filtering has added. Will be using that again.

Thanks guys

Chris

• Like 1

3 hours ago, stevej60 said:

Very nice indeed Chris simple scheme but weathered beautifully.

Thanks Steve, I am all for simple😉😄 it was nice to do an OOB build for a change.

2 hours ago, Winded Penguin said:

Liking the colour scheme on this one 👍 

Made a mental note for a future project!

Thanks WP, it was pleasing getting the different tones in the single colour. Hope you enjoy your build

2 hours ago, MACALAIN said:

Well done Chris.

Alain

Thanks Alain.

Thanks guys

Chris

• Like 1

2 hours ago, keefr22 said:

Another cracking build off your always crowded workbench Chris, with your signature excellent paint and weathering!

Top work again!

Keith

Thanks Keith, very kind, one less now on that workbench.  Pleased with the finish on this one.

Thanks

Chris

Super job Chris, I really need to check the titles more carefully. I thought it was 1/48! That's a testament to your finishing skills which give it a real sense of size. 

Richie

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, RichieW said:

Super job Chris, I really need to check the titles more carefully. I thought it was 1/48! That's a testament to your finishing skills which give it a real sense of size. 

Richie

Thanks Richie very kind, it is quite a detailed kit for the scale. Pleased with how it turned out. Thanks for following really appreciate it.

3 hours ago, Epeeman said:

Well done, Chris -

Another excellent result from your stable!

Regards

Dave

Thanks Dave, very kind too.  I might look to do another blue aircraft next too as really enjoyed getting the weathering on this one.

Thanks guys for your kind comments

Chris