Question about forum autocorrect

Sebastien

Hi,

I have posted about Doogsmodels, but instead of writing it that way, I separated the different words.

Once the post was published, it read Someone's models instead of what I had written.

Did I write something inappropriate?

I don't want to upset anybody, I just want t understand what I did wrong...

TIA,

S.

I see trouble ahead for me.

In the 'Reconnaissance GB' I plan to build 3 figures, of the Duke of Wellington's 3 main Surveying officers in the Peninsula campaign. The surname of one officer is a version of what men's genitalia is called!

Did you know that the late Judith Durham's surname was really the same as above, and her father was an RAF Pathfinder ?

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Black Knight said:

I see trouble ahead for me.

In the 'Reconnaissance GB' I plan to build 3 figures, of the Duke of Wellington's 3 main Surveying officers in the Peninsula campaign. The surname of one officer is a version of what men's genitalia is called!

Did you know that the late Judith Durham's surname was really the same as above, and her father was an RAF Pathfinder ?

Wot? you mean Wellington?

• Haha 1

This is what happens when you gentleman's parts a balloon..........

What ??!! Nothing happened !  The 7th word ends up referring to "gentlemen parts".........

First time I've used the word without it being "corrected", autocorrect must be asleep.

40 minutes ago, Sebastien said:

I'd like to know if the word d_o_o_g has any meaning I've missed, though...

Pass, it comes with a starter pack of naughty words. You can add your own to suit and change the autocorrect to give a different flavour of return. It can be quite amusing when someone gets upset with the Mods and sends a sweary PM back. It never quite has the same effect.

• Haha 4

3 hours ago, Greg B said:

It can be quite amusing when someone gets upset with the Mods and sends a sweary PM back. It never quite has the same effect.

The effect is hilarity.  We got one once from a guy that had been failing to send people the models they'd supposedly bought, and it was hilarious on two fronts.  One because all his swears had been turned to mildly amusing alternatives, and two because he was pretty close to illiterate before the auto-correct took over :cwl:  I quite literally laughed until I stopped.  If I'd been an older person then, a little wee might have escaped. :blush:

• Haha 3

On 2/8/2023 at 10:13 AM, Greg B said:

Pass, it comes with a starter pack of naughty words. You can add your own to suit and change the autocorrect to give a different flavour of return. It can be quite amusing when someone gets upset with the Mods and sends a sweary PM back. It never quite has the same effect.

I see interesting possibilities ahead if certain model manufacturers became swear words.

eg  "oh no, I've completely Starfixed up the landing gear !"

• Like 1
  • Haha 2