On Borrowed Time-1/72 P-61A Black Widow

Hobby Boss kit, OOB with Eaglaecals. Nice little kit. Some slight fit issues, but they were resolved easily. A one day build, and the last for my current workbench, as I’m moving in a few days. Next build from the new one! 

WwF40qK.jpg8gGgOtE.jpglLrT948.jpgvKBgV7D.jpg4OHhTyL.jpgKUYW24F.jpg1TF2LwA.jpgxx7Wtxv.jpg6ah33ts.jpgViknAuf.jpg

• Like 45
  • Thanks 2

Practice, boys, lots of practice. But I also work smarter not harder ;) On a 1/72 build, I spent almost no time on the interior. You won't see it anyway. Next I build as much as I can BEFORE filling and sanding. That way. I only sand seams you actually see.

• Like 1

Very, very nice! And done in just one day... it took me ten to build mine 😉

I also did "Borrowed Time", but opted for the earlier markings (before the shark mouth was added). Interesting to see your interpretation. Mine is posted at https://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/235031669-hobby-boss-172-p-61a-black-widow/

The Hobby Boss "easy assembly" P-61s are great kits, don't you agree! I'm happy to see they've done A, B, and C variants of the Black Widow. Only the A was available when I did mine, and I'm tempted to do another (probably the turreted B )

Edited by billn53
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, billn53 said:

Very, very nice! And done in just one day... it took me ten to build mine 😉

I also did "Borrowed Time", but opted for the earlier markings (before the shark mouth was added). Interesting to see your interpretation. Mine is posted at https://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/235031669-hobby-boss-172-p-61a-black-widow/

The Hobby Boss "easy assembly" P-61s are great kits, don't you agree! I'm happy to see they've done A, B, and C variants of the Black Widow. Only the A was available when I did mine, and I'm tempted to do another (probably the turreted B )

Their quick build kits are hit and miss. This one as definitely a hit! It’s their 1/48 P-51s and P-30s that are meh. The P-38 is nice though, despite some shape and soft detail issues. 

• Like 1

Such an iconic aircraft and a chilling sounding name - lovely job and good luck with the move - I will keep an eye out for your 'maiden flight' at the new bench location. :goodjob:

• Thanks 1

On 9/7/2018 at 2:35 AM, BIG X said:

Such an iconic aircraft and a chilling sounding name - lovely job and good luck with the move - I will keep an eye out for your 'maiden flight' at the new bench location. :goodjob:

It may take a little longer than next week 😝

Moving today revealed so many things. 

That's fantastic.

I find the P-61 to be a fascinating piece of hardware.

Almost bought the Hobby Boss kit a day or two ago, but managed to resist.

Now I think I've changed my mind about that.

Great build and finish.

:goodjob:

• Thanks 1