what scifi stuff has the postman delivered to you today?

31 minutes ago, Mike said:

Thanks for taking the time to do that :yes: A Pursuit Ship, eh? :hmmm:  Does it come with its own explosive charges to detonate it once you've finished building the model? :boom:

To be fair to that part, at least it's relatively free of greeblies to sand around, so shouldn't be too painful.  Incidentally, the "clear" parts look quite opaque.  Is that going to be an issue?  I know the majority of the space is going to be tinted green with white stripes, and lit from inside, but d'ya think it'll work, or might you have to use it as a basis for a crash-moulded replacement?

It certainly should do, as I recall the life expectancy of the Pursuit ship crew wasn't great.

They are quite opaque but I'm hoping that will diffuse the LEDs, if not, I know where to get the STL files from so I can always find someone to print some clear versions instead...

I was thinking that the opacity will help diffuse the light - what a great kit, well done I look forward to seeing this build!!!

I saw the TB2 on Gambody yesterday too and for the first time I'm tempted to get into 3D printing haha. I've built a few 3D prints that others have printed but not been into printing myself...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Kallisti said:

I was thinking that the opacity will help diffuse the light - what a great kit, well done I look forward to seeing this build!!!

I saw the TB2 on Gambody yesterday too and for the first time I'm tempted to get into 3D printing haha. I've built a few 3D prints that others have printed but not been into printing myself...

It’s my first go at a 3D printed kit figured I might as well go big! 

• 2 weeks later...

Came across a good Gundam Shop here in the UK based in Edinburgh, they are OEShop https://oeshop.co.uk/ . I bought 2 Gundam RG kits by Bandai, they are Gundam Mkll Titans and Gundam Mkll A.E.U.G. also a stand each for them and some Hobby Mio Soft Head spraying clamps. The delivery is very reasonable and quick. They also have some interesting tools and other items.

Regards

Robert

• Like 2

Following my purchase of the Liberator, another large space ship has arrived although not via post.  I visited the IPMS Tyneside model show yesterday and came away with this, the Polar Lights 1/350 refit Enterprise.

spacer.png

I originally bought the kit not long after it came out for what was even then, the very low price of £40 (I'm not sure the eBay seller I got it off really knew what they were selling) but then stupidly sold it during a clear out before moving house.  I got this one for about half the price I've seen some go for on eBay these days so still a bit of a bargain...

Now to spend the same again on aftermarket stuff for it 🤑

John

Edited by johndon
  • Like 5

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, sardaukar said:

just picked this up for about £20 on my travels not in the UK however.

....a nice one!

I have seen some announcements that MPC is about to release a reworked/optimised version of their 1/48 scale Tie Interceptor somewhere in 2023.

Got woken up at 7am by the postman delivering this so that just leaves the TOS version for a full set of the 1/350 Enterprises.  Got this one off eBay, I had bid on one a couple of weeks ago but it finished at over £150 so I lost that one then managed to win this one for just £90...

spacer.png

• Like 4

• 3 weeks later...

Imperial Shuttle Tydirium

Tyderium

Turned up yesterday in the post from Rails of Sheffield (very good service)

now all I have to do is retire so I have the time to start building things again!

Edited by The Chief Smeg
  • Like 5

• 3 weeks later...
8 hours ago, The Chief Smeg said:

I’m spotting a bit of a theme here 😁

You think 😁 really want to get a TOS Enterprise but sellers on eBay want daft money for them. 

• Like 1

On 9/3/2023 at 6:25 PM, Uncle Monty said:

My next project will have wheels and will need lights. All I can tell you at the moment is that it's not a red camper van, 'nuff said.

Do the Samba Flower Power T1 - much more fun!
(and a good outing for various Microscale products)

• 2 weeks later...

Ok, not strictly Sci-Fi stuff, but as I’m a colossal nerd, it will be making LOTS of Sci-Fi stuff (I have the files for a 1:1 R2-D2)

Prusa

now I just have to find 12 hours to build everything

Edited by The Chief Smeg
  • Like 5