what scifi stuff has the postman delivered to you today?

.....not really Sci-Fi, but at least Fantasy....ish:

IMG-1494.jpg

Some nice Viny Figures from Star Ace Toys came in during the last Days. Nice Retro-Style Boxart!

IMG-1495.jpg

One is King Kong from Legendaries KONG SKULL ISLAND (2017) Movie. The other one is the Cyclops from The 7th Voyage of Sinbad (1958). The surface Structure of this figure has for sure more potential for a "realistic" painting than the pure brown sceme seen in the movie or on the boxart.

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...

I ordered this about a month ago from @JadlamRacingModels via eBay.  Dummy here forgot all about it until I spotted it scrolling though, and it occurred to me that it hadn't arrived.  Got in touch with them, and after a little delay caused by me forgetting again, this arrived this morning :)

spacer.png

It's only a wee thing, but I always liked TB3, so there :P Thanks to Joe @ Jadlam for keeping up with me during the extended forgetting process ^_^

• Like 6

Via the car boot sale, not the Postie. A plastic bag full of Star Wars stuff for a fiver.

5zRshjH.jpg

The two ships are on stands marked Star Wars and Action Fleet. copyright 1998.

The Republic Cruiser has toylike landing gear and is an odd shade of brown, rather than Diplomatic red.

The pod racer is Sebulba's. And is Taxi yellow rather than red.

I found a bloke with a table full of Star Wars stuff & apparently Darth Vader is a commemorative issue worth about three quid. Ah well.

I think the little one is Ewan mcGregor?

EEbumXm.jpg

This one will be mounted on the section of Star Destroyer that I built for my wall display. 

9lvzv5q.jpg

The Pod racer will donate the engines to a future build. 

Cheers, Pete

• Like 6

• 2 weeks later...

Not, strictly speaking, Sci fi stuff. But they will be used in Sci fi builds.

I swapped a box of 1/32nd Puma bits with @Simon Cornes for a box of parts that he didn't need.

Delivered at noon today, I'd used two parts on my build before One!

W5sNJCR.jpg

• Like 2

1 hour ago, bentwaters81tfw said:

Grabbed a Glencoe reboxing

Wow! I didn't even know that it existed! You wrote space station, then I saw the name Roberta Leigh and the words Space Patrol.

I remember watching it as a kid. Loved it then and it sank Sci fi interests deep into me at a very early age.

From there to Fireball XL5 and onwards with  Gerry Anderson etc. Never looked back. I bet it's not cheap :sad:

I still remember the 'in flight' noise they made. And I found a 'colour' episode 2 on the tube!

Many thanks for posting. 

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, bentwaters81tfw said:

Cost me a fiver.

Wow again! Great price. I remember building a similar one in the late sixties. It had someones name in the title? Asimov? Einstein? Can't remember. 

Anyway, I just watched episode 7 of Space Patrol, The robot revolution. That one gave me bad dreams for a week back then!

Odd that Space Patrol was filmed  in colour, yet Fireball XL5 wasn't. A matter of money, I imagine.

I don't often venture into this part of the forum, I wasn't sure if it belonged here but I've seen a few similar builds in this section.  Even if Cubby Broccoli said, "It's not science fiction.  It is, in fact, science fact".

The postman didn't bring it either, it was an impulse purchase at my local model shop.

y4m2P8L_joSZtJMz-ZtaLbnCg3vpa-s9RbKnd8eE

I'm a fan of James Bond and completely fell for the box art.  I'm not even sure if I'll build it (although it seems a waste not to).  The kit itself looks quite simple but the painting might be interesting.

Now I'm on the lookout for a matching shuttle on the back of a 747 as per the opening scenes of the film.

• Like 4

On 6/30/2022 at 4:02 PM, johnlambert said:

I don't often venture into this part of the forum, I wasn't sure if it belonged here but I've seen a few similar builds in this section.  Even if Cubby Broccoli said, "It's not science fiction.  It is, in fact, science fact".

The postman didn't bring it either, it was an impulse purchase at my local model shop.

y4m2P8L_joSZtJMz-ZtaLbnCg3vpa-s9RbKnd8eE

I'm a fan of James Bond and completely fell for the box art.  I'm not even sure if I'll build it (although it seems a waste not to).  The kit itself looks quite simple but the painting might be interesting.

Now I'm on the lookout for a matching shuttle on the back of a 747 as per the opening scenes of the film.

I built that kit when I was 10, Ive been trying to remember who did it for the longest time. Thanks for posting the image John. 

• Thanks 1

From the bay for just short of eight quid. An AT AT from the old Battle of Hoth set. 

This is the damaged/fallen one and is about 4 1/2 inches long. I plan to detail and paint it for a small diorama.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Pete in Lincs said:

From the bay for just short of eight quid. An AT AT from the old Battle of Hoth set. 

This is the damaged/fallen one and is about 4 1/2 inches long. I plan to detail and paint it for a small diorama.

I was watching that on the bay 😉

• Like 1

Long time lurker in this thread looking at what people have been buying - I can finally admit(!)  that the postie has actually delivered an item of plastic relating to Sci-Fi:laugh:

After buying (and wanting ever since it was released) Revells wonderful 1/72 Razor Crest (purchased from of all places The Tank Museum @ Bovington!!!!) I happened to espy, whilst on holiday, a boxing of the galaxy's fastest heap of junk - The Millennium Falcon - in a model shop in Weymouth.

Sadly at £73.00 it was just a little bit too expensive at that price to consider getting. Couple of days later, I consoled myself with a boxing of the latest version of Airfix's 1/48 P-51D Mustang. Still wanting the Falcon, I decided to have a look on the website of the model shop I had visited whilst in Weymouth, and up-popped a message from Edge using the shopping component built in advertising a cheaper copy of the same kit at £49.99 from Jedlam! Now I'm tempted! so in negotiation with The Boss it was promptly ordered and I saw it winging it's way to me to finally arrive yesterday!

So the negotiations? Well, I've purchased it now, for her to pay me back when it's my birthday in 2 months in essence, her buying the kit for me for my birthday present! Fair deal I suppose.

(Reason for buying the Sci-fi... In a bit of a rut with planes, so I thought having a change might do me some good and As I a huge Star Wars fan, why not! The Falcon is not the re-box Bandai perfect grade, there is no way on this earth I would be able to afford that!)

• Like 1

You know, I have to tell you kind folks seriously, I am so concerned about inflation, that I am seriously expecting my money to reach the point of needing a wheelbarrow to wallet it around, so I am not so dis-inclined to buy some of those delicious items I have wanted for a long time while I have the chance. Hope the moderators don't mind me mentioning that kind of thing... promise I won't do it again. 

So in that spirit I pre-ordered the 1/72 Pan Am shuttle... if it is ever released. 

I would love to get the Revell TOS Enterprise from Europe soon X two. 

Other than that, I have been planting potatoes and carrots, and watching them grow... just want enough to get through until next year... remember to plant enough potatoes so you also grow enough to use as seed potatoes next year.....

Am I nutty, crazy..... like a loon even?

It's ok, you won't offend me..... :)

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, SallysDad said:

So in that spirit I pre-ordered the 1/72 Pan Am shuttle... if it is ever released. 

Can't say I blame you.  I'd love one too. :wub:

As for the cost of things, it's probably best to keep it out of here as it's bound to cause some extreme opinions etc.

7 minutes ago, Mike said:

Can't say I blame you.  I'd love one too. :wub:

As for the cost of things, it's probably best to keep it out of here as it's bound to cause some extreme opinions etc.

So true, Mike. Good advice.

Keep safe.

Randy

• Like 1

I got a little box yesterday from our pal @Madmonk, who had 3D Printed me some figures from the Star Wars universe that he bought from that there internet that were originally intended to be 12" figures (I think?) a.k.a. 1:6 scale, but I wanted at 6" or 1:12 scale to match the rest of my Bandai Star Wars figures.  The absolute bestest one that initially drew me to them was the Boba Fett figure sat on his throne, very similar to how he appears in his recent short series The Book of Boba Fett.  Warren had to section up the throne due to the size of his print-bed however, but he managed it, and I've been mucking about gluing the three parts back together while they are still somewhat new and flexible.

spacer.png

Mr Color paint pot for scale

If you're wondering about the throne, the rear is made of one flat panel with a hollow interior, while the front is sectioned right down the middle, as you can see from the split.  Why is there a gaping hole at the front?  Because the back needs to match the width of the rear panel, or it'll look really silly.  I can easily tweak and fill the crack in the front, so I took a view and clamped the rear while it set up, putting a slab of styrene across the joint to give it some extra strength.  I also clamped the seat cushion, taking care not to squash the parts, as they are pretty flexible when it comes to powerful pressure like you get from a clamp.  If you do anything similar, just watch you're not flexing or distorting any other part of your model.

Boba is made from seven parts, and is just push-fitted together with a dab of CA to stop him falling to bits.  There's a weak point in his blaster that let go, so that's been glued back together.  If you noticed the slight difference in colour of Bobby's head, it's because I put a light coat of primer on it to see whether the top of his scone shows up any of the layers, which are tiny BTW.  SLA 3D Printing really is starting to be a compelling argument, even for the uninitiated such as myself.  People are coming out with digital models that you can quite literally print from the internet - after a fashion and providing they've been properly prepared for your printer.

Is that a cool model, or what? :yahoo: If you wanted one like it, I'm sure speaking to Warren would yield you some results.  Incidentally, I got a Darth Maul, a Cad Bane, and a B2 Battle Droid.  I have to say, the Cad Bane figure is excellent, both in pose and the finished article.  Awesome! :D

• Like 6

On 09/07/2022 at 22:03, Mike said:

I got a little box yesterday from our pal @Madmonk

Just to put some context to Mike's post above, I have become a Patreon of Galactic Armory which allows me to sell printed versions of their 3D files.  Most of the figures are Star Wars though there is a Master Chief figure from Halo as well.

The files are scaled to 1:6 but I will be offering them in 1:12 initially, a few tasters for you!

1OrtY1q.jpg

rwkCSae.jpg

KjpvghB.jpg

The 1:12 figures will be £25-£30 and will include a wooden picture frame base with a piece of expanded foam to allow you to add scenic material if you want.

Will put more info on my trader page after this weekend's Smallspace show at Hanslope.

Cheers,

• Like 3