what scifi stuff has the postman delivered to you today?

Courtesy of @theplasticsurgeon

rbGeSp8.jpg

Okay, so it looks very like a dismantled prebuilt 1/32nd P-38 Lightning. That's because it is.

It will, however, eventually donate parts to another scratchbuilt Maschinen Kreiger Falke anti gravity fighter.

Many thanks to Tim for the kit, I'm looking forward to the build. 

TzqbNm2.jpg

I also have these two wee jobbies, Possibly from the Airfix battle of Hoth set? Courtesy of @Alfisti. Many thanks to him too.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Pete in Lincs said:

TzqbNm2.jpg

I also have these two wee jobbies, Possibly from the Airfix battle of Hoth set? Courtesy of @Alfisti. Many thanks to him too.

I'm pretty sure they came in the MPC AT-AT kit, as I have a pair too, but never owned the Battle of Hoth kit.  Yours appear to have been attacked by the scratch-building fairy in the rear though, and maybe had a parking issue that resulted in a bent blaster barrel :hmmm:

• Like 1

@Uncle Monty & @Mike - The aforementioned jobbies are already painted and safely perched on my Star Wars wall display.

As for the Scratchbuilding Fairy, They were missing the aftmost parts of the engines. So bits of rod got attached.

And, to save you wondering. I spent the afternoon dismantling a second hand Stap with a view to building a spaceship. Maybe.

On 29/10/2023 at 00:44, fatalbert said:

I recieved a 1/72 Finemolds Bobba Fett boxing of the Slave 1 complete with Han in Carbonite.

...wow, a nice find!

When i was looking for this kit a few years ago i could only get the Jango Fett Version (for a half way reasonable price, still expensive but not THAT expensive like the Boba Fett Version).

Too sad that Finemolds never came out with a re-release of this beautiful kit....

Edited by Reelyator
typo

2 hours ago, Reelyator said:

...wow, a nice find!

When i was looking for this kit a few years ago i could only get the Jango Ferr Version (for a half way reasonable price, still expensive but not THAT expensive like the Boba Fett Version).

Too sad that Finemolds never came out with a re-release of this beautiful kit....

I managed to find a part started one that i was watching for a few weeks on ebay,the vendor offered me a deal and knocked off quite alot and with some vouchers i already had i got it for a song,rather happy about it as i am slowly gathering all the 1/72 finemolds starwars kits just the tie interceptor and the very very rare Naboo starfighter to go.

• Like 3

I've wanted a 2001 Aires-1 since it came out, and a couple of weeks ago I found one for a lot less than everyone else was offering it, so I pushed the button.  I've been busy with the site and my second bout of Covid :maskup: to open it up yet, but I'll probably get round to it this coming week.  I've also re-tested myself and am no longer contagious, which is nice.  Just in time for a dental appointment this week :yes:

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Pete in Lincs said:

Great, so I can stop wiping down the laptop then?

Well... only as far as getting the lurgi from me is concerned.  All your other "ewwmissions" are your own problem :puke:

Ewwmissions started life as a typo, but it's a great descriptive word, so it's staying :yes:

• Haha 4

Its a great kit and now you can even get figures for it! I missed getting the figures for mine by 1 week... they were released the week after I closed mine up and there was NO WAY I was going to try to reopen it again!

DSC_6877.JPG?m=1666528120

• Like 6

2 hours ago, Kallisti said:

Its a great kit and now you can even get figures for it! I missed getting the figures for mine by 1 week... they were released the week after I closed mine up and there was NO WAY I was going to try to reopen it again!

DSC_6877.JPG?m=1666528120

Looks fantastic! 

I am moding my kit a bit- getting an aftermarket hatch and adding running lights. I was going to get the new Paragrafix cockpit but it is just too expensive,  just going to work with the stock one and correct it some.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, fatalbert said:

I managed to find a part started one that i was watching for a few weeks on ebay,the vendor offered me a deal and knocked off quite alot and with some vouchers i already had i got it for a song,rather happy about it as i am slowly gathering all the 1/72 finemolds starwars kits just the tie interceptor and the very very rare Naboo starfighter to go.

That was me i think!?   Shame i didnt realise , we could have dealt through here rather than ebay!   Nevermind , have fun with it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, gunpowder17 said:

That was me i think!?   Shame i didnt realise , we could have dealt through here rather than ebay!   Nevermind , have fun with it.

👍Thanks for a great deal,there is no way i could have afforded some of the ones one sees for sale😊

• Like 1

Aztek Dummy paint masks and Paragrafix PE make the set complete for the Kronos One. I call this now complete package "no more excuses" as I have literally everything I need to build this if I can just muster the willpower and overcome the demons.

IMG_1382

• Like 7

On 31/10/2023 at 20:28, Nocoolname said:

Aztek Dummy paint masks and Paragrafix PE make the set complete for the Kronos One.....

Beautiful Kit!

Do you happen to know, what the main difference between this Kit and the old K`TInge Class Cruiser (..also from Polar Lights) is?

I like the Paint Sceme from STVI more than the original Sceme from STI The Motion Picture....

Edited by Reelyator
typo

4 hours ago, Reelyator said:

Beautiful Kit!

Do you happen to know, what the main difference between this Kit and the old K`TInge Class Cruiser (..also from Polar Lights) is?

I like the Paint Sceme from STVII more than the original Sceme from STI The Motion Picture....

Kronos One has a different bridge and warp nacelles from the regular K’Tinga, with the latter being lit up. It was also covered in gold structural work (labelled as golden battle adornments) which is represented by decals in the kit and to a finer degree by the PE set. I always liked the look of the K’Tinga since I first saw it in Star Trek The Motion Picture but it was Kronos One and it’s striking decor that made it the one I wanted to build.

17 hours ago, Nocoolname said:

Kronos One has a different bridge and warp nacelles from the regular K’Tinga, with the latter being lit up. It was also covered in gold structural work (labelled as golden battle adornments) which is represented by decals in the kit and to a finer degree by the PE set. I always liked the look of the K’Tinga since I first saw it in Star Trek The Motion Picture but it was Kronos One and it’s striking decor that made it the one I wanted to build.

🤔......arrrrrgh, now you have infected me. Thinking if i should sell my (unstarted) K´Tinga Kit and get me the Kronos One....

The PE looks amazing and the option to light the Warp Engines is another argument for the Kronos One as well....

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Reelyator said:

🤔......arrrrrgh, now you have infected me. Thinking if i should sell my (unstarted) K´Tinga Kit and get me the Kronos One....

The PE looks amazing and the option to light the Warp Engines is another argument for the Kronos One as well....

That’s actually what I did. I originally bought the K’Tinga and lighting kit with the intention of designing my own modifications to make it into Kronos One, not thinking that they would consider releasing such a version as an actual kit. But when they announced it I sold mine in anticipation of this. Between Star Trek, Star Wars and Space 1999, Round 2 have been fantastic at releasing the kits I want to build. If only they they could get the Babylon 5 license.

• Like 2

@Nocoolname: You might know this already. There are some cool and highly detailed Fotos of the actual Studio Model of the Kronos One on www.modelermagic.com

Maybe some good inspirations for your coming build. Looking forward to see you again in the WIP Section👍

• 2 weeks later...