what scifi stuff has the postman delivered to you today?

On 3/19/2023 at 11:07 AM, Reelyator said:

Thank you @Sage the Owl!

No way to reach him throug other channels like a website etc.? Not beeing a social media guy, i am not on facebook😐

Apologies, but i've only just seen this.
You could try a direct e-mail to '[email protected]' but other than that Facebook is the only option that i'm aware of.

On 09/04/2023 at 15:28, FG2Si said:

I didn't know it was from an anime series when I ordered it. My son has a dragon model from a different company. It's more the traditional Chinese dragon in looks so I thought this would be a nice compliment.

It's from the Anime / Card Game Yu-Gi-Oh, Blue Eye White Dragon is one of the most iconic cards from when it started in the 90s.

It looked like this originally so there's quite a few differences with that model:

https://ms.yugipedia.com//7/7a/DMx214_BEWD.png

Not sure if there's just been an updated version of it somewhere or Bandai just didn't want to copy it that much though

Edited by TheVoidDragon
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

I took a plunge on some of those 3D printed figures I've been seeing on eVilBay, and was really rather pleased when it arrived.  It's in 3 parts and doesn't come with a base, but I had a base to hand and will be dealing with the seams soonish.  There's almost no 3D-printing-related issues to deal with other than a few days on the windowsill to finish off the last bit of curing.  These things are ugly:

spacer.png

The printing was done by a company called 3D-Argent, who seem quite competent. :) Now I've just got to figure out some colours to paint him/her. :hmmm:

• Like 5

Took advantage of the recent sale on Gambody and snagged the B-Wing STLs. It's been a favourite of mine since the B-Wing expansion for X-Wing was released 30 years ago-ish.

Now I have to learn how to carve up some of the parts so they'll fit the build plate of my Elegoo Mars 2 😁.

b-wing-starfighter-2_980x500.png

• Like 4

On 4/22/2023 at 11:31 AM, Mike said:

I took a plunge on some of those 3D printed figures I've been seeing on eVilBay, and was really rather pleased when it arrived.  It's in 3 parts and doesn't come with a base, but I had a base to hand and will be dealing with the seams soonish.  There's almost no 3D-printing-related issues to deal with other than a few days on the windowsill to finish off the last bit of curing.  These things are ugly:

spacer.png

The printing was done by a company called 3D-Argent, who seem quite competent. :) Now I've just got to figure out some colours to paint him/her. :hmmm:

Nice Blurrg & B-wings. 

• Like 2

Shamelessly nicking @The Chief Smeg's picture, as mine just rocked up in t'post.

Latest

£50 if you buy it in the UK, but £20 delivered from that there China :yes:

There's also a Mandalorian era Bobby Fett kit too, although they don't seem to have carried over his old age gut (don't we all get one?), which is why I've dubbed him Chubba Fett (Update: he's now Boba Fatt).  He's a lot more athletic than me for his age, but has a similar hairdo though :hmmm:

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Me again! :D

My son loves The Bad Batch, so I picked up some 3D printed figures off eVilBay, and got a surprising three poses of each of the crew, totalling 15 figures, for very little in the way of money.  They were also well-cured, and other than a few areas where some excess resin had cured in the corners, they are pretty decent quality.  I prepared them by doing a little micro-chiselling and sanding before gluing them to some 3D printed bases.

spacer.png

I've also got these two that I think were freebies, as I didn't order them and they were just in the box with the others.  The one on the right is a Rebel trooper, but I'm not sure what the trooper on the left is.  Any ideas?

spacer.png

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Mike said:

My son loves The Bad Batch, so I picked up some 3D printed figures off eVilBay, and got a surprising three poses of each of the crew, totalling 15 figures, for very little in the way of money.  They were also well-cured, and other than a few areas where some excess resin had cured in the corners, they are pretty decent quality.  I prepared them by doing a e  micro-chiselling and sanding before gluing them to some 3D printed bases.

spacer.png

I've also got these two that I think were freebies, as I didn't order them and they were just in the box with the others.  The one on the right is a aRebel trooper, but I'm not sure what the trooper on the left is.  Any ideas?

spacer.png

The Helmet reminds me of clone/Imperial flame trooper but hes carrying a standard blaster rifle ? 

6 minutes ago, Corsairfoxfouruncle said:

The Helmet reminds me of clone/Imperial flame trooper but hes carrying a standard blaster rifle ? 

I keep meaning to ask my son, as he's into his different factions, but as usual I keep forgetting soon after. :doh:

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Mike said:

My son loves The Bad Batch, so I picked up some 3D printed figures off eVilBay, and got a surprising three poses of each of the crew, totalling 15 figures, for very little in the way of money.  They were also well-cured, and other than a few areas where some excess resin had cured in the corners, they are pretty decent quality.  I prepared them by doing a little micro-chiselling and sanding before gluing them to some 3D printed bases.

spacer.png

I've also got these two that I think were freebies, as I didn't order them and they were just in the box with the others.  The one on the right is a Rebel trooper, but I'm not sure what the trooper on the left is.  Any ideas?

spacer.png

He's an airborne trooper, probably the ones from the 212th battalion that Kenobi led in Episode 3.

• Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, moviedrone said:

He's an airborne trooper, probably the ones from the 212th battalion that Kenobi led in Episode 3.

Nice one, thanks.  I tend to zone out by the time I'm on ep3 due to the "instant romance/hatred" aspect of the trilogy, which might explain me forgetting them ;)

• 2 weeks later...

This morning the postie delivered a 3D printed kit of what I believe is the best looking scifi space ship of all time, the Liberator from Blakes 7, a beautiful, sleek design and yet one that also looks mean as hell.

Got her from a seller on eBay and she'a BIG girl, 6 inch rule at the front for comparison...

spacer.png

and with a 1/200 Iowa class battleship that I'm currently working on.

spacer.png

John

Edited by johndon
  • Like 7

Always loved that ship. I hate the rocket engine bells which have been around since before Buck Rogers, you have all this exotic technology, why not have an exotic drive system as well? The Liberator was way ahead of it's time. THat looks to be a wonderful kit you got, please take some build photos, I would like to see this evolve to final display

• Like 1

4 hours ago, johndon said:

This morning the postie delivered a 3D printed kit of what I believe is the best looking scifi space ship of all time, the Liberator from Blakes 7, a beautiful, sleek design and yet one that also looks mean as hell.

Got her from a seller on eBay and she'a BIG girl, 6 inch rule at the front for comparison...

spacer.png

Ooooh.  I think I've been looking at this one for a while on eVilBay.  It's FDM, I'm assuming?  I think I can see some print lines on that front nacelle.  I'd really like one, but FDM isn't my preferred material to use when building models, especially when they're covered in neat details like the Liberator is.  I'd still really like one though, perhaps not as large as that one though.  It large. :blink:

• Like 1

I got these a couple of minutes ago.  The new Ahsoka Tano figure, and a BARC speeder with a couple of clones driving it:

ahsoka.jpg

• Like 6

I was lured to Gambody yesterday as they've released a Thunderbird 2 STL set. As they have fairly regular sales, I'm going to wait until they drop the price a bit.

But when I was there, I saw they had the NCC-1701-E on sale, so I grabbed it and applied the credit I had in my account. Nice and cheap. It's going to take some figuring out, printing wise, but should be fun.

uss-enterprise-ncc-1701-e-1_980x500.png

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Mike said:

Ooooh.  I think I've been looking at this one for a while on eVilBay.  It's FDM, I'm assuming?  I think I can see some print lines on that front nacelle.  I'd really like one, but FDM isn't my preferred material to use when building models, especially when they're covered in neat details like the Liberator is.  I'd still really like one though, perhaps not as large as that one though.  It large. :blink:

She's a big girl, no doubt,  Having measured with the extra 'probe' part on the nose, she's 3' long which, I believe makes her the same size as the original studio miniature.

It is FDM and, yes there some print lines and definitely some parts that will need a good clean up but I think a lot of the lines will disappear under a good coat of primer filler although this is my first 3D printed kit so we'll have to see.  I'm also aware that some of the hull detail doesn't match what we saw on TV so I need to decide whether to do anything about that or not and the probes etc that come out of each nacelle are pretty bad but I'd always planned on doing them with brass rod anyway.

So, yes she'll need some work but I think the results could be damn impressive if I do a good job.  I have absolutely no idea where I'm going to put her though, she may be shorter than the Iowa but she's a lot wider...

John

5 minutes ago, johndon said:

So, yes she'll need some work but I think the results could be damn impressive if I do a good job.  I have absolutely no idea where I'm going to put her though, she may be shorter than the Iowa but she's a lot wider...

John

Are you going for an immediate start, or is she going into the stash for now?  I'll definitely watch along when you do start it :yes:

37 minutes ago, Mike said:

Are you going for an immediate start, or is she going into the stash for now?  I'll definitely watch along when you do start it :yes:

Not sure just yet, I should really get Iowa done first, she's been on the bench for 6 years now!  I'll definitely do a thread when I get started though.

4 minutes ago, johndon said:

I'll definitely do a thread when I get started though.

Do it! Do it! Do it! Do it! Do it! Do it!  :wicked:

• Haha 2

11 minutes ago, Mike said:

Do it! Do it! Do it! Do it! Do it! Do it!  :wicked:

Couldn't resist trying one of the nacelles for size 😀  

I have to say, whoever designed the parts did a very good job, the part surrounding the engine ball is separate to the rest of the fuselage and, when put in place, it locks the three pylons in place as well.  I an going to do some work to see if I can strengthen the lower two pylons as I have a feeling the may suffer from droop in the future, the nacelles aren't particularly heavy but most of the weight as forward of the pylons.

At the risk of sounding like a kid, I don't think I've ever been as excited about a kit as I am about this one, all of a sudden I'm 11 years old again and seeing the Liberator for the first time...

spacer.png

John

• Like 6

7 minutes ago, johndon said:

At the risk of sounding like a kid, I don't think I've ever been as excited about a kit as I am about this one, all of a sudden I'm 11 years old again and seeing the Liberator for the first time...

I can understand that entirely. ^_^ I was a wide-eyed little kid when Blake's 7 was on the air, and I loved it.  I didn't notice the dreadful special effects, costumes and so on, I just loved the show for what it was good at.  Any chance you can take a close-up of the worst bit of surface to see what's likely ahead of you? 

This part is, by far, the worst but nothing that I don't think some primer and careful sanding can't take care of.  I'm happy to take my time and work with what I've got as it's the only way I'll ever have a kit of Liberator that is this size.

spacer.png

Worryingly, at least for my wallet, is that the guy who sold me the kit says he can do a Federation Pursuit Ship was well...

John

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, johndon said:

Worryingly, at least for my wallet, is that the guy who sold me the kit says he can do a Federation Pursuit Ship was well...

Thanks for taking the time to do that :yes: A Pursuit Ship, eh? :hmmm:  Does it come with its own explosive charges to detonate it once you've finished building the model? :boom:

To be fair to that part, at least it's relatively free of greeblies to sand around, so shouldn't be too painful.  Incidentally, the "clear" parts look quite opaque.  Is that going to be an issue?  I know the majority of the space is going to be tinted green with white stripes, and lit from inside, but d'ya think it'll work, or might you have to use it as a basis for a crash-moulded replacement?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1