Three old Fokkers (groan, again) and a Pup

As a Fokker Dr.I popped up last week on RFI, I thought I'd add a couple more, together with an E.V and a Sopwith Pup ...

Fokker Dr.I (serial unknown) flown by Staffelfuhrer August Raben, Jasta 18, 1918. Revell 1/48th scale. Brush painted acrylics, home-made decals.

MWW1-DRI-016.JPG

MWW1-DRI-019.JPG

Fokker Dr.I, 546/17, Jasta 11, early 1918. Eduard 1/48th scale weekend edition, OOB build with kit decals. Brush painted acrylics.

MWW1-DRI-004.JPG

MWW1-DRI-001.JPG

Fokker E.V (aka D.VIII) flown by Theodor Osterkamp, Eduard Weekend Edition, 1/48th scale. Brush painted acrylics.

MWW1-EV-004.JPG

MWW1-EV-008.JPG

Sopwith "Navy" Pup, Flashback Limited Edition, 1/48th scale. Brushed acrylics, kit / home-made decals.

B2192, attributed to Capt Foote and Capt. H. H. Balfour at the Gosport School of Special Flying, 1917.

MWW1-Pup-001.JPG

MWW1-Pup-005.JPG

For more photos (gluttons for punishment) and details of builds, follow links in signature to web site / club site respectively.

All feedback welcome, as ever.

Edited by ChocksAway
  • Like 23

Excellent work, lovely models with superb finish to them. I have just completed Raben's Jasta 18 Dr.I in 1/72 - The Roden kit. I had information that the engine cowl on this machine was white? I can't find photo evidence of this that shows one or the other.

Regards Andrew.

Excellent work, lovely models with superb finish to them. I have just completed Raben's Jasta 18 Dr.I in 1/72 - The Roden kit. I had information that the engine cowl on this machine was white? I can't find photo evidence of this that shows one or the other.

Regards Andrew.

There is a photo of a lineup of Jasta 18 machines, and the first machine is the triplane of Raben 479/17. The cowling is white. The pic can be found in the Leaman book and a book by Alex Imrie.

Tony