Gorch Fock

Hello,

This is my first posting on this site: the Revell 1/253 Gorch Fock.

My second ship build following the Revell Santa Maria a couple of years back. I usually build Airliners but have a soft spot for Sailing Ships. They also look more ornamental on the shelf as well which my other half agrees with.

This build has taken most of the year to complete and I've thoroughly enjoyed doing it. A couple of nitpicks are getting some of the sails the wrong way around which I only realised when I got to the two at the back and hanging those annoying lifeboats which did their best to drive me up the wall - (can we accept that the crew didn't hang one of them correctly?) I still need to work on representing the sails a bit better too.

Next project will probably be a plane but I have a couple more Revell ships in the dry docks, and will make some effort to do a 'work in progress' next time.

Here are some images:

GorchFock1.jpg

GorchFock2.jpg

GorchFock3.jpg

Thanks for viewing

Graeme

• Like 16

Graeme,

Very brave, if I may say so…..I could never have the patience with those sails and all the rigging.

You have done a very nice job and produced a great replica…..I was fortunate enough to go onboard this ship when it visited Stavanger a couple of years ago…..The German Navy have kept it in immaculate condition.

Thanks for sharing

• Like 2

Very nice indeed, you've captured her sleek lines very well. The sails and rigging top it all off. Great build.

I always remember that this ship was a 'Super Trump' in the ships 'Top Trumps' pack. It looked mighty fine but was actually the worst in the pack, it couldn't beat anything lol!

Bob